NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
khilafah

Was Churchill a Racist??

Come across this quote and it is pretty disgusting!! You never hear about this in school thats for sure..

The former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill remarked to the British Peel commission in 1936 regarding changes to the Mandate of Palestine in preparation for the creation of Israel "I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."

Come across this quote and it is pretty disgusting!! You never hear about this in school thats for sure..

The former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill remarked to the British Peel commission in 1936 regarding changes to the Mandate of Palestine in preparation for the creation of Israel "I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."

Ahhahaha. Do you really think most of these so called British 'Heroes' with their statues littering central London were anything but war mongering, egotistical savages? Put it this way, the british were practicing Nazism long before the Germans.

It was a totally different world back then. Sometime between then an now tolerance must have been at the right level - people moan at anything these days (And even what's "accepted" and "not accepted" is seemingly random).

Ahhahaha. Do you really think most of these so called British 'Heroes' with their statues littering central London were anything but war mongering, egotistical savages? Put it this way, the british were practicing Nazism long before the Germans.

Mcoy disagrees again

Yeah thanks for saying that, thats basicaly just as racist as saying all black people are criminals.

Yeah thanks for saying that, thats basicaly just as racist as saying all black people are criminals.

But.. but.. they are, stop spoiling my experience

Lets not forget Churchill Gassed the Kurds for not paying taxes!!

Churchill was a different time, from the last generation of imperialists. He believed in the power of the Kingdom, a strong opposer of Gandhi and Indian independence. He wasn't so much racist as, well I guess darwinist, stronger race prevails. But one must understand that British imperialism is inherently racist. So was he racist? Yeah, probably, but his god outweighed his bad.

Of course but im sure 99.7% of people back then thought its was perfectly fine. Although its a different kinda of racism we have today. This was about England and english people being the most powerful nation and doing anything to ensure that was the case.

________

Zx14 Vs Hayabusa

Edited by fex

well, yes, it sounds racist, but id say its more of a realist perspective. the strong take from the weak, its how things go.

hes only as racist as the world he lived in.

No he wasn't, 50 years + people weren't with ''political correctness'' which I find very irratating and utterly shit.

Nowadays he would be because people are so scared about offending one another that you cannot say anything without walking on eggshells, unfortunetly that is the way it is. But no back then what churchhill said would have been perfectly normal.

No he wasn't, 50 years + people weren't with ''political correctness'' which I find very irratating and utterly shit.

Nowadays he would be because people are so scared about offending one another that you cannot say anything without walking on eggshells, unfortunetly that is the way it is. But no back then what churchhill said would have been perfectly normal.

I'd agree with that.

Yes, Churchill was an appalling racist. He operated a highly imperialistic dogma, opposed Ghandi, and firmly believed in a "Jewish Conspiracy". He supported a movement to suppress and even evict Jewish communities throughout the UK.

Churchill was a hero. No quotation marks.

Churchill is one of those things I both love to hate and hate to love about Britain. Our greatest hero was a subscribed anti-Semitic.

My argument is we shouldn't paper over the bad stuff. Churchill did lead the UK through the darkest period of it's history and should be celebrated for that. But all heroes are men, and no man is perfect. Lets keep the records straight.

My argument is we shouldn't paper over the bad stuff. Churchill did lead the UK through the darkest period of it's history and should be celebrated for that. But all heroes are men, and no man is perfect. Lets keep the records straight.

hence ''he was brilliant, to be honest'' :)

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals. "

Sir Winston Churchill

Gotta love him.

I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place.

Well, one point is that he clearly states in this quite that the western white man is a stronger, higher-grade race. Perhaps you can argue what he means; economically? Technologically? He is probably reflecting on the 'end' result of the population of the white man in the americas and australia. He'd probably argue that we've put the land and it's resources to better use than the natives.

But he is saying that they are weaker and a lower grade race. There's no way of inferring from that quote whether he'd not eat at the same table as a black man, or if he'd spit on a native american... I guess it boils down to what your definition of racist is :P

Exactly! That is simply what I meant. Take off the rose-tinted specs and face the TRUTH!...Unless you know and have accepted the truth and still deem the man to be "great".

No it isn't, you're just twisting shit to create...shit. :P (no honour on the internets).

British imperalists were far succesful at 'Nazism' than Hitler himself.

Sign in to follow this