NEurope
ipaul

Musicians Thread

I play guitar (badly), tin whistle (badly) and used to play trumpet (badly). I lack talent in everything I lay my hands on, but I figure if I can play lots of instuments badly I might be able to fool some people into thinking I'm an average musician. Also for some reason I told my girlfriend I'd write her a song for valentines day. I am now kicking myself as I try (and fail) to use my limited creative talent to create something that doesn't sound like cheesy bollocks. I'm considering making some form of basic backing track in a Psycho Killer-esque way.

:shakehead Why couldn't I have kept my mouth shut and just bought chocolates.

I used to play French Horn in school. Kinda got roped in to it, i wanted to play Saxophone...

Was a pretty decent keyboard player back then too, but i stopped playing and now i can't remember any tunes :(

Think a set of drums are gonna be next on my purchase list. Probably electric because they take up less space and i can play them with headphones on.

I gotta start learning how to play the guitar, my Stratocaster is gathering dust.

So awesome.

yeah and you might know the tune to

Nintendo used there tune for the US Wii commercials ^.^

My time in C-E, R-E and N-E has given birth to these:

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~pike/Forum/CEAudio.mp3

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~pike/Forum/The3rdChildren.mp3

Is it bad that I'm so proud of them? :heh:

I play the guitar. Used to play a lot more than I do now.

Not my style...honestly, I don't like it. it's not very appealing. keep playing however! If you like it and it pumps you up...that's the beauty of playing an instrument :)

I've got me a Dean Dime-O-Flame.

I love it, it sits just right and plays very smoothly.

Like the look of that DV8 though.

My bands picking up again now, but I'd like to be doing music thats a bit more technical and METALLL \m/

Our walkabout bassist finally came to the practice, so we can now set about adding some dirty, pulsing PiL rip-off basslines to our growing catalog of No Wave rip offs.

I've got me a Dean Dime-O-Flame.

I love it, it sits just right and plays very smoothly.

Like the look of that DV8 though.

My bands picking up again now, but I'd like to be doing music thats a bit more technical and METALLL \m/

do it. do it.

Does anyone know any basic and free music editing software, like a really basic free version of cubasis or something?

Does anyone know any basic and free music editing software, like a really basic free version of cubasis or something?

try Audacity. If you look around you can find loads of free VST plug ins for it too.

Pretty proud of my IBANEZ PRESTIGE 2570VSL :) also have a

Jackson JS30 Randy Rhoads exclusively to play some heavier stuff. Have some vids on youtube :)

http://youtube.com/user/luiscjmachado

Haha, cool stuff dude. I like your cover of My Apocalypse, you've got some wierd vibrato technique though lol. Got some decent tone from that RR aswell, not bad.

We should have an inter forum metal band. It could be epic :heh:

Haha, cool stuff dude. I like your cover of My Apocalypse, you've got some wierd vibrato technique though lol. Got some decent tone from that RR aswell, not bad.

Distance is a relationship killer. :(

Just learning how to play the Acoustic at the moment, and slowly changing chords (i started like a week or 2 ago =P) My dad has a 12 string but for obvious reasons im not going near that. Is it hard to switch from acoustic to electric?

Just learning how to play the Acoustic at the moment, and slowly changing chords (i started like a week or 2 ago =P) My dad has a 12 string but for obvious reasons I'm not going near that. Is it hard to switch from acoustic to electric?

No, it's easy, your playing doesn't need to be as clean.

Thinner neck often makes it easier to play.

By the way, is that Noel Fielding in you avatar, I can't quite tell.

Thanks man! Indeed, it would not be bad to put something together...record some riffs and shit, exchange and see what comes of it...:D

No, it's easy, your playing doesn't need to be as clean.

Thinner neck often makes it easier to play.

By the way, is that Noel Fielding in you avatar, I can't quite tell.

Why yes it is,

I'm trying to learn Bar chords at the moment, but my dad knows none of them, could anyone give me a link or something to teach/help me? I so far have this: http://www.guitarchordsmagic.com/basic-guitar-chords/guitar-bar-chords.html but it's pretty text heavy.

I <3 to play my Rickenbaxx0r bass. As I'm sure a few members of this forum are already aware. :P

n825510091_1487296_8859.jpg

In my band This Is My Lawnmower, with my bass amp in the background:

n887150407_2186059_4831.jpg

And you can hear our music-ness over at http://www.myspace.com/thisismylawnmower. It's a bit Muse-y, a bit electro, a bit of it's own thing... so if you're into that sort of thing, it might be for you. If you're not, see if you like it anyway! :heh:

Holy crap! I've just found out that we're part of XFM Manchester's Uploaded Featured Band of the Week competition thing. So, I know I'm asking a lot here, and maybe being a bit cheeky, but please could you support us and click on the 'Vote For Us' image on the side on out XFM Uploaded page? http://www.xfmuploaded.co.uk/thisismylawnmower/Default.aspx

I'll personally reward everyone if we win.