N-Europe

Multiplayer Wii

dwarf

I've recently bought a pair of controllers from Gamestation for 40 quid, which was pretty damn good, thing is I don't have much in the way of multiplayer games and seeing as there are vastly conflicting opinions on which one's to buy I'd like to get your expert opinions.

Looking online I cant decipher what the better one to go for is (excluding strikers charged:

Warioware

Raving Rabbids

Monkey Ball

Umbrella Chronicles

As you can probably see it doesn't really matter what genre the game is, all I want to know is which is the best 2 player option. I can hold out a couple more weeks so should I wait? (is Bwii multiplayer?)

Cheers for any help.

I've recently bought a pair of controllers from Gamestation for 40 quid, which was pretty damn good, thing is I don't have much in the way of multiplayer games and seeing as their are vastly conflicting opinions on which one's to buy I'd like to get your expert opinion.

Looking online I cant decipher what the better one to go for is (excluding strikers charged:

Warioware

Raving Rabbids

Monkey Ball

Umbrella Chronicles

As you can probably see it doesn't really matter what genre the game is, all I want to know is which is the best 2 player option. I can hold out a couple more weeks so should I wait? (is Bwii multiplayer?)

Cheers for any help.

Raving Rabbids still keeps on amazing me at how good a job it does at introducing newcomers to the Wii.

UC is pretty too, only 2P though.

You can count in GH3 too; awesomeness solo, awesomeness multiplayer.

Thing is I dont know if I could handle seeing the poor graphics on that. My friends would crack up too.

I've just thought. Does heroes 2 support co-op?

Good example of what i mean though, one says warioware, the other says rabbids...

I was personally disappointed with the Warioware multiplayer as you have to pass the controller around for the most part, which if you think about it you have to undo the wii strap then hand it to the person so they can put it on.

Why they didn't make it like warioware on the gamecube where everyone can use their own controller i don't know |:

Although saying that the one player is bloody excellent and you could easily take it in turns, but if you're looking for multiple controller use probably not the best game for it, (just my opinion though).

I know I havent mentioned the ones from the list but I'd like to add one game for you to possibly decide on: Fifa 08

Fifa 08 on Wii is quite enjoyable. My cousin doesnt own the game but when I took it round he picked up the controls and enjoyed it a lot. Some matches we played against each other while others we were on the same side but against the computer. I'd say Fifa 08 is an underrated game,

There is some, but only after you unlock them in solo mode AND score mode and even then there's only a number of games that are multiplayer.

However, the story mode alone is alot to fun with two players, even if you have to pass the controller around. The game is alot of fun to watch as well as play.

Edit: This is about Rayman, obviously ;)

Does heroes 2 support co-op?

It only has online multiplayer :( but Battalion Wars 2 has online and at home multiplayer!

Have you considered Mario Party 8?

From your list, I would choose Rayman or Resi, as they both are great games and lots of fun in both single and multi-player. Nobody ever wants to play Wario Ware's multiplayer mode when I get it out, and Monkey Ball is just sh*t.

I love Rayman Rabbids, but Rabbids 2 is supposedly better for multiplayer as it's more simultaneous than the first one. Ive never had a problem though, love it.

As to what game you get I think it more depends on who you are playing with. A fellow gamer? Then Ghost Squad and Umbrella Chronicles are both great - Ghost Squad looks a bit naff (though I like its retro arcade feel) and is VERY short but it's nice to have a burst through in co-op and 4 player ninja/bikini mode is really fun. Umbrella Chronicles is just a quality game, really fun and challenging, and big too. Both great games.

If it's with a non-gamer than Rabbids, Wario Ware, Kororinpa, Big Brain Academy, Mario Party, or Olympics I would recomend.

All of the above games even serious gamers cna enjoy though.

GET THEM ALL :)

raving rabbits 2 is an amazingly fun game thats much better than the first.

its the best multiplayer game on the wii.

I agree that this is a good party game. I would have second thoughts about purchasing it as a single-player title though. However, there are some excellent "high score challenges" in there for the lonesome player.

I can understand the negativity and wholesome disinteret for the title but I would say you cannot go wrong with Carnival Games.

Everyone who has played this title that I know of have instantly found i charming. I even play the single player today for the coconut shy games, bowling and duck shoot levels. It really is an excellent party game and, although the production values aren't through the roof the successful mini-games make this more than worthwhile and it has actually stayed glued to my wii longer than any of the rayman titles have. The simplicity of each mini game (and the correlation between real-life fun-fair events) make this an understandable and enjoyable jaunt to gamers of all ages.

One to look at for sure. And possibly cheaper than the rest.

I've see it for £17 online and for that price I would say take the plunge, you wont regret it.

you have to undo the wii strap then hand it to the person so they can put it on.

Or you could hold the controller with your hand and have a grip:heh:

Why they didn't make it like warioware on the gamecube where everyone can use their own controller i don't know |:

Yep....Gamecube Wario Ware was GREAT for multiplayer; me and my mates used to play it constantly:)

Mario Party's alright for a 15/20-turn go on multiplayer every now n then; me n my mates always have a laugh cos the game's so unfair.