N-Europe

Fatal Frame 4

Gaijin von Snikbah

Yeah but a game's first week's sales, for anything but casual games, always peak in the first week. Most of the time for a hardcore game like half of the people who'll buy the game (in total) rush out and buy it, meaning big first week sales. Then they drop a fair bit for the next week and then usually go way down by the third week.

33,000 for a first week is pretty mediocre/poor. For a non-first party Wii game in Japan though it's not too bad as third party Wii sales in Japan are absolutely horrendous.

Actually it's not bad at all, for what Fatal Frame IS. It never sold that well in japan.

Fatal Frame IV:

Week #1 - 38,617

Fatal Frame 1:

Week #1 - 21,770

total by week #3 - 42,195

Fatal Frame II:

Week #1 - 42,006

Week #2 - 8,932 (total by week #2 - 50,938)

Fatal Frame III:

Week #1 - 46,671

Week #2 - 7,396 (total by week #2 - 54,067)

total after 22 weeks - 69,147

Also, when Fatal Frame 1 came out, there were 6.6 million PS2 sold in japan, right now there is 6.5 million Wii's in Japan so lets say it's a pretty good comparison, when fatal frame 2 came out, that userbase had doubled and Fatal Frame 3 was towards the end of the cycle, so I don't even need to give numbers out. Of course if it sold better... the better, but the game sold almost as good as the later installments with a smaller userbase, and bare in mind that it was never popular in japan to start with.

Also, they sold 60% of the initial shipment in the first day if that says anything about their expectations. Pretty good sales, if you ask me.

But yeah, let's go ahead and blame Nintendo the Wii and whatever else, it's cooler that way.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

URGH, i seriously hope not.

Pointer + camera = epic fail.

It would be too damn easy, i want something hard.

Hard + Scary = Epic win.

• 1 month later...
Grabbed to one side by a pack of journalists at the US conference yesterday, the Nintendo of America President was interrogated on when the west would see a release for the highly-anticipated Japanese horror title, Fatal Frame IV: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse. Fils-Aime bizarrely answered, "You're going to have to contact the publisher for questions on that."
http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=12416

Damn, that's seriously annoying that Nintendo is not publishing the game outside of Japan. :(

Wait a minute, does that also mean we wouldn't get...

69318_1.jpg

Noooooooooooooo! :shakehead

Oh well, Fatal Frame 4 will come here, don't worry about that..

Tecmo will go at the speed of light and give us this game...

About the Nintendo extras, i think you'l need to forget those xD

I'm so tired of Maase. I've just read 5 thread, all of them with Maase's troll tantrums.

Its not trolling, its just plain ignorance.

Ignorance is allowed in this forum, so shut up :heh:

The future of this does not look good considering Tecmo are about to collapse.

Its not trolling, its just plain ignorance.

Ignorance is allowed in this forum, so shut up :heh:

It's not trolling? To quote your own self-description:

Official Portuguese Mafia Troll

The future of this does not look good considering Tecmo are about to collapse.

It's not trolling? To quote your own self-description:

I'm so tired of Maase. I've just read 5 thread, all of them with Maase's troll tantrums.

you realise your talking to a person much younger than you yes ?

how about answering his questions instead of shutting him out.. You were his age once.

ontopic :

Im sure this game will make it here.. Nintendo im sure dont need another thing to be blamed for ha

you realise your talking to a person much younger than you yes ?

how about answering his questions instead of shutting him out.. You were his age once.

I've thought of it that way, but we've had people with his age and didn't act like him.