NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Fatal Frame 4

Nintendo's involvement in this is very promising. That rumour about Nintendo buying the franchise could well be true, as this franchise has always been a Playstation franchise, but it's now a Wii exclusive, completely opposing the current trend in the gaming industry.

Kind of weird they would buy Fatal Frame though, as they might as well have created their own - Fatal Frame isn't that good supposedly. If the developer's included in this potential deal, then it's all brilliant.

This is very interesting to me. It looks great and a bit 'deep' in a sense and mysterious.

And if the rumour about Nintendo buying it is true, although surprised it's good to see that Nintendo are trying to please the core gamers and not just expand the market.

Nintendo's involvement in this is very promising. That rumour about Nintendo buying the franchise could well be true, as this franchise has always been a Playstation franchise, but it's now a Wii exclusive, completely opposing the current trend in the gaming industry.

Kind of weird they would buy Fatal Frame though, as they might as well have created their own - Fatal Frame isn't that good supposedly. If the developer's included in this potential deal, then it's all brilliant.

Fatal Frame is considered one of the most underated games of all time and one of the freakiest games ever. (Specially the second)

I think that Nintendo did a right choice by buying one of the most hardcore, inovative and scariest games of all time, also, will work very well with the wii mote ^^ (For Flashlight and Camera Obscura)

Fatal Frame is considered one of the most underated games of all time and one of the freakiest games ever. (Specially the second)

I think that Nintendo did a right choice by buying one of the most hardcore, inovative and scariest games of all time, also, will work very well with the wii mote ^^ (For Flashlight and Camera Obscura)

All right then, I just judged FF by some 70% score reviews I remember reading.

We don't know whether Nintendo has bought these guys though, so far they're just publishing it. but they seem really talented (reading Wikipedia). Also, Suda51 of Grasshopper is officially working on this game too :bowdown:

Also, Suda51 of Grasshopper is officially working on this game too :bowdown:

Okay, now i'm here to stay.

Maybe we'll see some vids or gameplay footage soon, like at E3? Would be lovely if this turned out to be a Fall release for this year. I love playing horror games during the Winter nights :D

Not really been following this title, but it looks great in those scans! icon14.gif

Reminds me of the early version of RE4...

...which I really loved the look of, so definitely going to keep an eye on this now. :hehe:

^ To think that was a game in its early stages... And on a past-gen console...

On topic: never played any of the Fatal Frameseses, are they any good? As in make-you-smash-your-head-into-the-wall-because-you-can't-seem-to-get-rid-of-the-horrory-delight-behind-your-eyes kinda good?

On topic: never played any of the Fatal Frameseses, are they any good? As in make-you-smash-your-head-into-the-wall-because-you-can't-seem-to-get-rid-of-the-horrory-delight-behind-your-eyes kinda good?

In a word, yes. One of few series of games that never fail to scare the living daylights out of me. Im dying to play this! :yay:

More infomation to add Tellyn.

Details :

• The main character is Ruka Minazuki, which is one of the five girls that have been rescued in this kidnapping case, and one of the three girl that decided to go back to the island (the two other girls being deceased) .

• The game is taking place on a mysterious island which has been related to a kidnapping case in the past. On this same island, stands a gloomy mansion whose walls are decorated of mysterious masks which are part of a puzzle.

• The magazine talks about how Nintendo is supporting this project, and some mostly known stuff.

• As you can see, the point of view is different this time around, as it's in 3rd person, behind-the-back view. Will probably use the Wiimote functionalities rather extensively.

Staff:

Producer is Keisuke Kikuchi, Directors are Makoto Shibata and Suda Goichi

In a word, yes. One of few series of games that never fail to scare the living daylights out of me. Im dying to play this! :yay:

Ahhh coolio! Consider me hyped then!

I'd completely forgotten this was on its way... And its sounding very, very promising.

So Nintendos "involvement" is what made this game Wii exclusive? Sounds a bit like Nintendo when they release so little info about it before launch.

Adding confusion and speculation about the game's development, in January 2008, it was revealed that Nintendo will play a heavy role in the game's development, with directorship roles shared between Shibata Makoto, who has previously been involved in the direction of the Fatal Frame series and Goichi Suda (commonly known as Suda 51) from the previously mentioned Grasshopper Manufacture[3].

Although the game appears to joint effort between Tecmo, Grasshopper and Nintendo, it was revealed that the game will be published under the Nintendo banner, further fueling speculation that Nintendo has purchased the Fatal Frame franchise from Tecmo.

Haven't played the others in the series, but it sounds very cool, so I hope this'll get an European release. Strange those rumours though.. Not something you'd expect, Nintendo buying such a franchise.

Okay, now i'm here to stay.

So am I.

Do you need to have played the previous games in this series to understand what's going on in this game you think?

I remember playing Project Zero on the Xbox and hating it, I just laughed my ass off.

I'm looking well forward to this, with no RE5 on Wii I need some sort of horror fix, and Fatal Frame (Or Project Zero) is one of the few games on a non-nintendo console I always wanted to play.

Not really been following this title, but it looks great in those scans! icon14.gif

Reminds me of the early version of RE4...

...which I really loved the look of, so definitely going to keep an eye on this now. :hehe:

I just thought, if Capcom don't want to give Wii RE5, why don't they rework this one.

They could call it "Resident Evil: Paradox" or something, an alternate reality to Leons trip to Europe, what would have happened if Umbrella weren't gone.