NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Fatal Frame 4

I'm in luck as I've got a friend over in Japan who is going to send this to me soon. I've seen the prices on e-bay and it's a bit high. Great news about the English patch.

Woot my import copy arrived today, just had a quick play and the translation patch works perfectly so far... spoted one typo though, where it should have been "the" it was "he" but still loving the game so far... controls are awkward but getting used to it but still can't get over why didn't just make the flashlight work fully with the pointer...maddness.

Woot my import copy arrived today, just had a quick play and the translation patch works perfectly so far... spoted one typo though, where it should have been "the" it was "he" but still loving the game so far... controls are awkward but getting used to it but still can't get over why didn't just make the flashlight work fully with the pointer...maddness.

I've not seen any typos so far but I think the fact that there is a patch at all for this game is simply great! Well done to the team behind that. The only very minor point with the patch is that on a standard TV sometimes the text is squashed together.

Any interested read about the people behind the patch-

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/specialArt.cfm?artid=21107

Hmmm.....heard about this. Kind of ignored it... I'm going to pick this up.

Where did you guys get your copy and how much did you pay?!

I'm very, very lucky as I've got a friend over in Japan who sent it to me for nothing. I've sent them stuff back previously so I guess I did pay for it before.

I guess you could try ebay.

I got mine from Jgamers.com as they were only ones with stock left, i paid 75.99 USD, incidently I got the last copy they had haha and are now sold out.

YesAsia now have it back in stock at 72.99 USD

http://www.yesasia.com/us/zero-tsukihami-no-kamen-japan-version/1011052948-0-0-0-en/info.html

But they state it could take 7 - 14 days to ship

Play-Asia are also sold out and I'm not familiar with any other import sites.

eBay of course is always a possible option.

I'm up to the 10th chapter now, love the game. I only play at night in the dark and it's bloody freaking me out sometimes. haha. Oh thank god for this Translation patch.

Also I actually made a little video blog talking about this after receiving the game and my joy in being able to play a game that Nintendo apparently didn't want me to.

There's a version of the translation patch that works without the Homebrew Channel, you say. Also no mods, no chips. Ok. But how does the european Wii read a japanese disc, in that case?

There's a version of the translation patch that works without the Homebrew Channel, you say. Also no mods, no chips. Ok. But how does the european Wii read a japanese disc, in that case?

I would assume there's some version of the gekoOS app built into the patch or they built their own region unlocking code for it, much the same way a version of bannerbomb is built into for the non-homebrew channel version.

I use the homebrew channel version as with the non-hbc version you need a seperate SD card for the patch and your wiiware/vc games, seeing as opening the Sd card menu would automatically run the patch because of its bannerbomb

Edited by Mokong

Just finished the game, WOOT, great game really enjoyed it. I feel it is a great shame it will not get official US or PAL releases. And if there is ever another game I can imagine Tecmo will probably not want to deal with Nintendo again which would be horible after Nintendo gamers finally got to play a game from this franchise we may never see it again on a Nintendo console.

hey guys, got a question for ya.

i've got some led lights behind my tv that can be switch to multiple colors (like red, blue ext). Would you advice me to play this game without those lights on?

so my core question: Is a horror game scarier in a dark room than in a dim lighted room?

hey guys, got a question for ya.

i've got some led lights behind my tv that can be switch to multiple colors (like red, blue ext). Would you advice me to play this game without those lights on?

so my core question: Is a horror game scarier in a dark room than in a dim lighted room?

I really, really, despise ambilight. I probably won't buy any Philips TVs in the future out of principle, eventhough other Philips TVs have served me very well.

In general, but I guess especially for the horror genre, I'd get rid of the lights.

But then again, I personally always get rid of the lights. I only play games and watch TV series and movies in absolute darkness, just like in the cinemas.

I really, really, despise ambilight. I probably won't buy any Philips TVs in the future out of principle, eventhough other Philips TVs have served me very well.

In general, but I guess especially for the horror genre, I'd get rid of the lights.

But then again, I personally always get rid of the lights. I only play games and watch TV series and movies in absolute darkness, just like in the cinemas.

Oh but it's not a ambiligh philips tv. I got a Samsung 37 inch lcd screen with light stips (Ikea dioder) on the back. But i always found playing in the dark allot more emmersive (like your in the game or movie) with lights on your always realizing that your watching a tv screen:laughing:.