NEurope
Gaijin von Snikbah

Fatal Frame 4

Probably. Looks like they're pulling a Disaster. Which is retarded since the game was essentially complete and translated.

Honestly i'm really getting fed up with the crap Nintendo keep pulling.

Strike 4: Fire Emblem DS releases in December for Europe, but not until February for NA.

Erm, what? America can't wait a few months for a game which would normally take alot longer to come out in Europe?

Well aint this a kick in the nuts.

Source: Gonintendo

North American readers, are you still trying to get over the fact that Fatal Frame IV isn’t coming to North America? Well our European friends may soon be dealt the same crushing blow. Word has it that the title won’t even see release in Europe.

Reader discipleinagony has gotten in touch with a Greek product manager has said that the game hasn’t popped up on any retailer list from NoE yet, which definitely doesn’t point to anything good. On top of that, NoE has just issued a statement to SPOnG that says “there are currently no plans to release this game in Europe.â€

This is one of those things that Nintendo fans should be extremely riled up over. If Nintendo is going to tell us that they support the core, then they need to give out a detailed explanation as to why Fatal Frame IV isn’t going to be localized.

this cant be good for tecmo... why are nintendo doing this if tecmo are having such troubles?

I think the problem is neither company really wants to put out the game. Its one of those games I just wouldn't expect to sell all that well, and if I were either party, I'm not sure I would want to publish and market the game either. Although, as a consumer, I'd love them to.

.. but nintendo at this point should really be trying to help tecmo.. tehy also have tons of money.. what's the problem with a little risk..

Its likely that reggie said no and then due to importing and what not noe said no too..

I'm still holding out but the rest of the games in the series made it... and finally finally they pick a system with the largest userbase and dont release it?

like... what?

I thought the old ones were on the PS2, which had a massive user-base. Not sure why Nintendo would help Tecmo either.

What the fuck is Nintendo doing? So now it won't be released outside Japan at all? Sometimes I get a very strong feeling that Nintendo really isn't giving a crap about their old supporters who most likely would prefer a deeper game to some stupid puzzle-game shit, and when there's a very nice looking game coming it won't even be released over here. Now I'm mad.

Microsoft took Halo 3- a genre title that MS know the Japanese don't appreciate too much- marketed the shit out of it and achieved sales comparable to Fatal Frame 4.

Nintendo drop Fatal Frame into the japanese release schedule with a few weeks notice, don't tell anyone and expect it to sell with no marketing. Then they complain no one bought it, so its not worth bringing out overseas.

And i thought the days of Nintendo shitting on us with lame excuses were gone.

Edited by david.dakota

Gives an all new meaning to the fabled Nintendo Difference, doesn't it. ;)

Back then, it sounded like music in my ears. Now it's like a plague. It has turned yet again in the Nintendo Arrogance. Where is the time people accused Microsoft of going into the business purely for the monnaay (Micro$oft)? Ironic, isn't it?

Ha. You know, for about 18 months there I'd forgotten entirely about the existence of SPOnG....

I thought the old ones were on the PS2, which had a massive user-base. Not sure why Nintendo would help Tecmo either.

hmm you could be right.. I bought them on xbox though..and almost sure it had an only on logo on it.

just some confirmation here

http://www.incgamers.com/News/15891/FatalFrameProjectZero4NotComingToEurope

can't help but feel maybe nintendo are mad we didn't buy wii music, so until we buy that, we arnt getting any real games.

no deal nintendo.. Maybe if you made the game good then yes.

This is quite the middle finger Nintendo are putting up to the people that have stood by them for years.

This is quite the middle finger Nintendo are putting up to the people that have stood by them for years.

indeed, this is why my playstation gets played alot more then my wii. if nintendo dont make a good show of E3, i'll be very disserpointed in them.

i kinda feel like shigsy is having a mid life crisis, tierd of the gaming world

indeed, this is why my playstation gets played alot more then my wii. if nintendo dont make a good show of E3, i'll be very disserpointed in them.

d

normally i'd go with the whole they are a business deal but in this case... I don't don't get it..

I mean they haven't got much to lose with this one.. If they won't take a small risk..Then how do they expect third parties to take an even bigger one?

With the proper advertising fatal frame could be a massive seller.. LOok how popular movies such as the grudge and the ring are... this is basically the gaming equivilant..

I hate this.

Until they give a solid reason for this, it´s just a giant dick move.

Their solid reason is probably financial shit...

I hate this.

Until they give a solid reason for this, it´s just a giant dick move.

Their solid reason is probably financial shit...

You see, if it was a new IP then I'd probably buy that. But Fatal Frame has seen success in the west with gamers and critics no less than three times previously. It seems all Nintendo are achieving is spending money to acquire the franchise in the first place (they would have payed to publish in Japan) just to kill it stone-dead in their fist. It's almost as if they're swatting the Fatal Frame name right out of the market. I'm just so disappointed because I remember how pleased we all were when we learned Nintendo would be publishing the game.

I never really get 'angry' over things that happen - I leave that to zealous fanboys... but this does piss me off.

I´m just really annoyed by this.

Fatal Frame is one of the few survival horror games that are ongoing and this is effectively killing it off.

This is getting out of hand now...

Reader Giancarlo gets in touch to add a little more fuel to the European fire. Giancarlo works at a GameStop in Italy, and he’s told me that his computer system shows Fatal Frame IV with a May 30th, 2009 release. On top of that, the most recent Italian issue of GameStop’s mailer shows Fatal Frame IV as being localized, but with the name ‘Zero: A Japanese Ghost Story’.

thumb_fatalmess.jpg

From Gonintendo.

Someone at Nintendo needs to speak up and tell us what the hell is going on with this games release!

It would make sense in a Nintendo sort of way that they're changing the name. They probably don't want to publish a game with the same name as previous games that have come out only on non-Nintendo consoles. Who knows, perhaps this is Reggie's big announcement tonight.

It would make sense in a Nintendo sort of way that they're changing the name. They probably don't want to publish a game with the same name as previous games that have come out only on non-Nintendo consoles.

Yeah, i loved Nasty Villagers Who Are Not Zombies too.

Yeah, i loved Nasty Villagers Who Are Not Zombies too.

Resi 4 was published by Capcom if thats what you're getting at.