Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Universities and shizzle.

Twozzok

Superior how? Our Sports teams are better than theirs, we can use their library and union but they can't use ours... and NYER.

Same way our college was superior to the tech college, it just is :p

Nah I did look for animation courses at SHU (lol you're uni does have that, the initialisation is funnier) but the only one they do is the one nightwolf is doing.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bwahaha, I went to Manchester and got a science degree without buying a single book...I kid you not. I only ever rented one book from the library, that I actually never opened either. I really don't like reading books...besides, all the up-to-date stuff is on the internet in science papers, and it's much easier to ctrl+F than manually read. :p

I spent roughly £100 on books in my first year, I barely used them. Now they sit there collecting dust. Last year I didn't buy any books, and I doubt I'll buy any this year.

Like you say most of the more accurate and up to date information can be found online in electronic journals. Only problem with that is remembering my login details. :P

Superior how? Our Sports teams are better than theirs, we can use their library and union but they can't use ours... and NYER.

To be fair Leeds met have a amazing sports team. A good sports team doesn't make a good uni.

hallam! Be proud of the hallam :P

I'd be proud of both universities, both are very good, both for me the sensible option seemed to be sheffield.

My ex is still bugging me about meeting up, seems to think I will be around him and be his best mate all the time.

hmm, no. :blank:

I spent roughly £100 on books in my first year, I barely used them. Now they sit there collecting dust. Last year I didn't buy any books, and I doubt I'll buy any this year.

Like you say most of the more accurate and up to date information can be found online in electronic journals. Only problem with that is remembering my login details. :P

My plan for next year is to get my housemate to buy them all. We're on the same course and she's dyslexic so the government (or whoever...) give her £300 a year to buy books. Freebies!

I'm in one, but I have four wives and a husband...

I nearly spat out my gin at that bit. Blimey! Never pegged you for the sort... I get some sort of money each year because I'm a spaz too, but I've never actually used it. I mean, tehy don't give me the money, I have to request it- but boy, I could've saved a wee bit of dosh with that. Who knows - maybe i'd even be able to pay my rent.

Lots of italics. I do love 'em. Anyway, what thread is this? Oh, right. On topic! Ace.

I nearly spat out my gin at that bit. Blimey! Never pegged you for the sort... I get some sort of money each year because I'm a spaz too, but I've never actually used it. I mean, tehy don't give me the money, I have to request it- but boy, I could've saved a wee bit of dosh with that. Who knows - maybe i'd even be able to pay my rent.

Lots of italics. I do love 'em. Anyway, what thread is this? Oh, right. On topic! Ace.

Lol, "that sort"? Families are just groups of friends really, it's standard at my college to have a minimum of two dads and two mums... random, nonetheless.

Lol, "that sort"? Families are just groups of friends really, it's standard at my college to have a minimum of two dads and two mums... random, nonetheless.

I just meant the whole polygamy. That makes you sit nicely alongside odwin and rokhed in my strange book.

i got all sorts. free pc, book money. money for ink and paper for printer (came with pc) and £15 a month knocked off my internet bills. was awesome.

Got me free laptop, printer, mouse, keyboard... 'sposed to get money for ink/paper/shizzle, but I really hate relying on the i'm deaf and kinda blind in a way but not really card(s). You generally can't tell that i'm classed as disabled unless I'm pissed and walking into things shouting "I'm not drunk -- I'm BLIND!!" - which happens a lot.

Mhm which is what annoys me. My housemate gets that and comes from a rich family too. Where's the karma? I'm but a boy from a working class background trying to make ends meet. (ish...)

Ah well eh?

(Odwin's not a polygamist he's a mormon :P)

I just meant the whole polygamy. That makes you sit nicely alongside odwin and rokhed in my strange book.

Yeah, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there... it's a group to greet freshers, not a real family. *is actually monogamous* :heh:

It can sound really bad, last year I was talking to my friend in a cafe and he shouted out "your brother pulled your mum?" The joys of incest...

Mhm which is what annoys me. My housemate gets that and comes from a rich family too. Where's the karma? I'm but a boy from a working class background trying to make ends meet. (ish...)

Ah well eh?

Well I come from A BROWKEN HOOOOME, and realistically speaking, I do have to live with my shitty eyes for the rest of my life, so I figure a £1,000 pay-off from teh government for fucking up my birth (allegedly) is a nice place to start.

Yeah I'm not a fan of The Card either. All I have is a slight limp and a whacked out right hand. Frankly silly that I got so much kit, but then they are the government. Pretty sure they can afford to indulge me this once.

It's quite fun to throw teh Card in people's faces. Shorty and I were once whispering in a seminar and the teacher said to me "oh i'm terribly sorry to interrupt your chatty session, just what exactly is so important that it couldn't wait?*" ... so I said "well because I'm rather deaf I was just asking him to repeat what you said because you talk to fast and too quietly*" even though we were talking about scribble monsters*. She got owned, burned, told and served. But yeah, comes in handy sometimes!

*Or something, to that affect.

Well I come from A BROWKEN HOOOOME, and realistically speaking, I do have to live with my shitty eyes for the rest of my life, so I figure a £1,000 pay-off from teh government for fucking up my birth (allegedly) is a nice place to start.

I have recently joint the broken home club (although realistically speaking its been broken for years) :p

But im not sure how the government fucked up your birth. But some crazy conspiracy theories are racing through my mind!

Oh, dewd, conspiracy theories! If you're lucky you'll catch me in one of my uber-paranoid moods sometime, and I'll reel off a whole shit-load of 'em.

RE: topic; retake exam in...two weeks or something. Not ready. Even though i only need 40 marks, I suddenly think I'm incapable of even that, despite other grades. I slipped up, and I'm sorry, now please give me my life back.

Let that be a vicarious lesson learned to all of you; don't rest on your laurels when you don't have any laurels.

whatever you do, don't fake Dyslexia to get free shit! Some girl at Sheffield did this recently and, according to my dad, got fucking owned by the powers that be when she blew it. Now the police are involved along with her having personal debts to the tune of a couple of grand for the shit she stole.

whatever you do, don't fake Dyslexia to get free shit! Some girl at Sheffield did this recently and, according to my dad, got fucking owned by the powers that be when she blew it. Now the police are involved along with her having personal debts to the tune of a couple of grand for the shit she stole.

haha no I'm not silly enough, free stuff isn't worth getting kicked out of uni and having the police involved.

didn't think so really, but apparently it's quite widespread now peeps are finding out about how their friends get shiny new laptops and stuff.

I can't say it surprises me, I mean you sit there with your friend who seems to have nothing wrong with them yet they get free stuff (as in sometimes people do have issues like dyslexia and people don't ever notice), you are going to want to blag it too.

If people get free stuff, woohoo, go them ^_^ but I'm not going to put my neck on the line because I'm jealous my friend got books for free, it just isn't going to happen (the jealousy part won't happen either) :blank:

The system is seriously buggered. Friend of mine is half deaf. She's getting a free laptop worth up to £800, all her other equipment paid for, and a post-grad as a note-taker in lectures. The last I can understand, that's important, but the other stuff? It's insane.

I want a free laptop!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!