NEurope
Mundi

Top Gear gets it's own show in America

I've got good news and bad news. First, the good: the amazing British auto show Top Gear is coming to the US! Now, the bad: it's in the form of a remake on NBC, haters of original ideas and kings of the unnecessary remake! That means that the wonderful hosts — Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond — won't be involved. Instead, knowing NBC, it'll probably be hosted by Macho Man Randy Savage, Vern Troyer and Alicia Silverstone. Time will tell whether or not they'll be able to pull the remake off (they did a damn good job with The Office, after all), but I'm more than skeptical. Hit the jump to check out my favorite Top Gear segment ever and then try to imagine NBC doing something half as entertaining.

http://gizmodo.com/344941/top-gear-coming-to-nbc-in-remake-form

Why..why....why...

Oh maaannn.

Top Gear is basically funny because the relationship and chemistry between the three hosts. Nothing more.

This is going to suck, not to mention it'll be biased due to advertising.

Oh dear, America you steal everything popular over here and turn it into pure garbage, why?!

Jordan your spot on, the reason top gear works as well as it does, is purely down to the presenters.

________

Honda Z50M

Edited by fex

Well just like everything that America touches from Europe, Australia, Japan etc etc....They will fuck it up.

Why bother changing it? Why not just show the episodes with the British cast? Is it cause they think America can do a better Top Gear? Is it cause America think they are cool enough to do this and everyone will love it?

Well they're wrong, they'll make the show worse and screw it up more than sailing across the channel to France...

screw up France...

Please!

This is horrible news. It's the same as the Office. I don't like the Office but it's so annoying that they steal british shows, then try to implement their own comedy into it, maybe steal some of ours aswell.

America is like a dumb primary school student. Peeking across the table to copy the other persons work and changing a few words to make it their own, resulting in garbage.

I am appealing to America to stop stealing our hit shows and turning them into garbage. They tried it with Red Dwarf and failed because they couldn't write a good script plus the cast were all pants except Robert Llewellen who was cast over there. They tried it with the Office, and even though i don't like the Office they managed to make it work.

And now Top Gear. Expect many large cars suited to the average tub of lard living in America, Monster Trucks and presenters who don't know anything about cars or are former reality TV stars. I predict disaster will occur.

it's not that bad. In fact, it's only really equivalent to, say, the various forms of big brother. they're selling the format and idea, but why would they want the original? we don't get any news on yank autos, and they wouldn't buy european.

let em have it. it's not like we'll ever have reason to give a fuck.

o christ

with the right hosts maybe it could work. But the chemistry between JC, Hamster and Captain Slow is great and thats what makes them so funny.

With clarkson etc they know there cars they know what cars are good and which are bad.

Knowing the U.S they will grab 3 out of job nobodys that know fuk all about cars and see how they do.

But then again as already mentioned the office us version is pretty good so maybe....maybe they can pull it off

I kinda agree with Dan Dare -- What're they going to do, show old re-runs? With the Office et al, it's just greedy (not like the BBC went "hey, Scrubs looks good, let's do our own version!" -- no, channel 4 did that with Green Wing... tum ti tum...), but not going to affect us is it? I doubt the bbc will then buy the rights to air the american show over here.

I just know it won't be as good as our Top Gear. But as I'll not be watching it, ever, I shouldn't care as much...

Basically, I'm with Dan Dare on this one.