Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

N-Europe 2008 Meetup!

Strider

This post is made of lol. And, suppose an under 18 does turn up? What you gonna do about it eh? You can't exactly police who comes to Hyde Park at whatever time and who they talk to ;).

Responsible. SPELL IT RIGHT DAMNIT!

Also, this post is filled with irony. Jordan, you should know that you can't actually talk about others hitting on fellow forum members without some serious eyebrows being raised :heh:

Jordan can't do anything about it but the person themselves can't

1. go in the hotel because they will need ID

2. Won't be able to go to the pub with us either for same as number 1

3. Jordan is saying under 18's should be with an adult so it basically covers n-e's backs incase anything goes wrong.

I do believe you have the sense to understand that yes? :indeed:

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jordan can't do anything about it but the person themselves can't

1. go in the hotel because they will need ID

2. Won't be able to go to the pub with us either for same as number 1

3. Jordan is saying under 18's should be with an adult so it basically covers n-e's backs incase anything goes wrong.

I was under the impression that he was asking them not to turn up at all. Also...it's a bit lol for a 17 year old to be advocating the idea that under 18's shouldn't be able to drink...isn't it?

I do believe you have the sense to understand that yes? :indeed:

Don't ever assume anything about me.

If this is done, I have to say two things.

1, This isn't an offical NE thing, so don't expect anything 'set up' or something.

2, Over 18's only unless accompanied by an adult. Sorry to bust balls, but to be honest as daft as this sounds. If something bad happens the site is liable for it.

Yes, they are slightly controdictory.

Basically, what i mean is: Its not an offical meet up, but since it was organised on our forums and by our members (and involving an admin of the forums) we know about it. Its not something done outside of the boards.

Yeah, you know about it but that doesn't mean you'd be held responsible if anything happened. It's like the forum knows that individuals pirate, but it's not the forum's fault.

My opinion; under 18's can come without adults provided they have permission. That's sensible isn't it?

By the by... how different would an 'official' meet be?

Guest Stefkov

If someone magically dissapears we can make that the 'treasure' hunt.

It'd entertain us probably for days. No-one knows where they've gone, we've got the playground of London and it's the holidays so all the time in the world.

If someone's responsible enough to make it there by themselves, I think they're responsible enough to be there, to an large extent. How many under 18s we expecting? And what's the oldest?

I also feel a bit weird about this supposed nightwolf thing, is there a thing? Jordan said it like there is, and now I feel kind of stupid cos I haven't noticed it :red:. I hope that isn't gonna be an issue, cos seriously, a load of lechy internet guys isn't cool.

I do think people should have permission though if they're under 18, I guess it IS kind of weird to meet up with a bunch of random people off tinternets irl. Do all the sensible things, have a phone someone who knows where you are etc etc. It will end up causing problems at a pub or such though, I'm not gonna be putting much effort into accomodating anyone who'll cause problems, and I really hate myself for taking such a bastard older person attitude, but I am.

I also feel a bit weird about this supposed nightwolf thing, is there a thing? Jordan said it like there is, and now I feel kind of stupid cos I haven't noticed it :red:. I hope that isn't gonna be an issue, cos seriously, a load of lechy internet guys isn't cool.

I´ve always thought this nightwolf thing were people just poking fun but if it is serious and people are actually trying to get here. Then this meet up might just be hilarious :Þ

If this is done, I have to say two things.

1, This isn't an offical NE thing, so don't expect anything 'set up' or something.

2, Over 18's only unless accompanied by an adult. Sorry to bust balls, but to be honest as daft as this sounds. If something bad happens the site is liable for it.

Well, seeing as they'll be lots of over 18's there, then anyone just under will be technically there with other adults. So there should be no problems. Plus, you can't stop people "bumping" into other peeps :)

How would the site in any way at all be responsible for a get together in London Oo;

That's like saying, because I met some buddies on Southparks (rollercoaster forum) We have to get permission to go see them because we arranged to meet on the boards and not through msn or whatever O_o

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!