NEurope
Slaggis

Rage...Building

In my head, I go "wtf?" and let him pass. And as soon as he passes through the door-frame I gave him a slap to the back of the neck. He kicked me in the right leg so I gave him another kick in the balls.

Assaulting a person who obviously has anger issues - nice going...

Assaulting a person who obviously has anger issues - nice going...

Anger issues my ass. You don't know him the way I do. I just wish I could videotape a single day in my class with him present.

Anger issues my ass. You don't know him the way I do. I just wish I could videotape a single day in my class with him present.

Most people like him only do what they do for effect. If you come across as not giving two shits about his attempts to annoy you, he'll piss off.

Also, it's A-R-S-E, unless you're wagering a donkey...

Most people like him only do what they do for effect. If you come across as not giving two shits about his attempts to annoy you, he'll piss off.

That's what my classmates and I have tried, but it's no use. Even our principle is sick of him. She told me that he CRAVES our attention by being annoying. Like he doesn't get enough attention from his parents so he needs the NEGATIVE attention from his fellow students to make up for that. She even asked him "Why do you INSIST on aggravating your fellow students when you know that you're going to get hurt in the end?" This isn't the first time it's happened to him...well it has, just never to the point of him getting punched in the face.

Also, it's A-R-S-E, unless you're wagering a donkey...

Pardon me, I speak "American English". Therefore my "slang" comes from there.

That's what my classmates and I have tried, but it's no use. Even our principle is sick of him. She told me that he CRAVES our attention by being annoying. Like he doesn't get enough attention from his parents so he needs the NEGATIVE attention from his fellow students to make up for that. She even asked him "Why do you INSIST on aggravating your fellow students when you know that you're going to get hurt in the end?" This isn't the first time it's happened to him...well it has, just never to the point of him getting punched in the face.

Pardon me, I speak "American English". Therefore my "slang" comes from there.

Well, if you feel you really, really, really need to assault a classmate (or by the looks of those brass knuckles, cause GBH and ABH), then make sure you don't through the first defence. Direct self defence looks much, much better. It doesn't look good, but no where near as bad.

Also, speaking American English gets you disliked by Commonwealth-English speakers, and most Europeans, too. I'm sure you'd rather speak the standard version of a language than the bastardised semi-pigeon (judging be their spelling of "through") language they speak state-side.

Also, speaking American English gets you disliked by Commonwealth-English speakers, and most Europeans, too. I'm sure you'd rather speak the standard version of a language than the bastardised semi-pigeon (judging be their spelling of "through") language they speak state-side.

Its kind of hard to know where's different, I know you guys say colour and they say color but that's it. I use the word ass many times and thought arse was only locally, not the original (luckily I have an UK English spell checker).

Its kind of hard to know where's different, I know you guys say colour and they say color but that's it. I use the word ass many times and thought arse was only locally, not the original (luckily I have an UK English spell checker).

Canada, the UK, Ireland, Malta, India, Pakistan, Australia, and New Zealand all spell it "colour". It's just the American's trying to be different.

What pisses me off?

Group work. I'm a naturally quiet person, and I think I'm generally polite as well. I wait for my turn to speak rather than butting in. I HATE it when we're doing some group work, and everybody just talks over you. And then afterwards it feels like I've done no work, because I don't get the bluddy chance to speak! I go to speak, and then somebody else butts in or speaks over the top of you anyway. For crying out loud, I am there you know. Give me a bleedin' chance. Even before I get the chance to speak, the way people sit, so that you can't see everybody in your group anyway.

Canada, the UK, Ireland, Malta, India, Pakistan, Australia, and New Zealand all spell it "colour". It's just the American's trying to be different.

Oddly enough, it's America's language that's most like the english language as ours has evolved, theirs has stayed the same, *goes back to reading facts in his GI book*

I don't mind "color" much, but you've reminded me of something that does annoy me - "hemoglobin."

Haemoglobin.

Haemoglobin.

Well I don't care, really. I've never been outside the Middle East and my teachers were all Americans. It was only natural I take their language+accent.

Well I don't care, really. I've never been outside the Middle East and my teachers were all Americans. It was only natural I take their language+accent.

But an ass is a donkey, there is no question.

Why does it bother you so much, I concur (about mine, at times), and how are they not a stick that contains memory, respectively?

It confuses people who actually know what a memory stick is.

"Flash Drive" also has less syllables than "Mem-o-ry stick" so that argument makes no sense.

Its especially annoying when someone who should know better (like a so called computer technician) says it.

It confuses people who actually know what a memory stick is.

"Flash Drive" also has less syllables than "Mem-o-ry stick" so that argument makes no sense.

Its especially annoying when someone who should know better (like a so called computer technician) says it.

Funny, in Portugal we just call them "Pens" (in actual English). I wonder where that term came from.

But an ass is a donkey, there is no question.

Well, here we are learning something new every day. So that's the origin of the word.

Shop assistants who have a conversation with someone they know after they serve them, instead of getting on with their job.

I hate these. When I went to make my inscription at my university, the lady at the counter was slow as hell. She even picked up a personal phone call while the room was full of people waiting. The lines started to move when a second woman started recieving people.

I had 5 or 6 people in front of me. With the slow woman only, we waited an hour with no real progress.

When the second woman came in, we waited 15 minutes at the most.

But something that really irritates me are a babys crying in public places. I know it's not anybody's fault, so that makes it even more irritating, since there is no way to stop it easily.

Also, rude old people. There are plenty where I live. They are the ones that spit on the streets (an old guy even spit in the subway stairs when he was behind me. Disgusting.) and push people around because they think they own the place (another old man pushed me aside unexpectedly when he was facing my back. I almost fell on the driveway.)

Funny, in Portugal we just call them "Pens" (in actual English). I wonder where that term came from.)

Called Memory Pens aswell. So. Pens is fine.

I also hate loud noises. Also C-Dawg makes my blood boil.

Exactly LazyBoy, right on. I have to pay for things like geography trips, buses, books, food at college and supplies. Withoutthe £30 a week I'd have a tough time affording these things. Some people dont't just spend it on crap and some people don't have parents that earn a over 30,000. If your parents don't give you the money thats them being tight, not my fault for getting ema.

Sorry, but, I don't know any parent who does not provide food for their children. I apologise if you are an exception but I seriously don't think people at that age were buying their own food.

And school trips? How often are they? Like once every 4-5 months? Bus fare? I remember it being no more than 40p as a student at school then 6th form. I know that a lot of poorer people had that sort of free anyway. Saying that though, I used to walk it and get the metro. A few pens don't cost much, and it's not much for a pad of A4.

All this definitely does not require weekly £30s. This is the reason why people did fine when EMA wasn't in effect. In fact, given that I was only ever given some money for food, I did perfectly well with no other money. It's a ridiculous waste of taxpayers money, as people should want to be educated to better themselves, not to get by easily while pocketing money.

If your parents don't give you any money then its your problem, maybe they don't like you. Point is they have it to give to you.

Lmao, are you off your rocker? My parents have to give me money? If you're talking about child benefits then poorer people get that too. So why do my parents have to pay me additional money for doing absolute **** all? You don't have talk a lot of nonsense.

Books for my history coursework alone cost over £200. Without them I wouldn't have got the A.

Then you're a fool for not knowing how to use the library, or for getting hold of such expensive books for something as frivolous as an A-level. Or, for needing a £200 book to get you an A grade A-level.

I don't get paid to get educated. I want to learn. The fact I can't with the money is what you need to understand.

I understand, I've got my A levels. I understand that I wasn't getting paid £30 - I went into my sixth form, learned, went home, food was in house, went to sleep. Woke up next day, went back (via metro).

If you minus food costs in my house since I think most parents would pay for that, my living costs can't have been much more than a fiver a week at that stage. But I had a job, which I used to spend on things I wanted, not to maintain myself at sixth form. :)

Don't paint us all with the same brush facist.

Then don't go using taxpayer's money to get you through something which quite blatantly you weren't requiring or gaining throughout school. A lot of people go straight from school to sixth form, often in their same school. The change is negligible, bar getting hold of a suit.

Sorry, but, I don't know any parent who does not provide food for their children. I apologise if you are an exception but I seriously don't think kids at that age were buying their own food.

And school trips? How often are they? Like once every 4-5 months? Bus fare? I remember it being no more than 40p as a student at school then 6th form. I know that a lot of poorer people had that sort of free anyway. Saying that though, I used to walk it and get the metro. A few pens doesn't cost much, and it's not much for a pad of A4.

All this definitely does not require weekly £30s. This is the reason why people did fine when EMA wasn't in effect. In fact, given that I was only ever given some money for food, I did perfectly well with no other money. It's a ridiculous waste of taxpayers money, as people should want to be educated to better themselves, not to packet £30 each week.

Food at lunch. Not food at home lol.:)

I disagree with the whole 30 a week is useless. Remember you also can get just 10 or 20 a week.

But, the fact we have to pay thousands to go to university which in itself is ridiculous and then end up with masses of debt I think the least the government can do is give us a bit of money a week. My bus fare comes to £12.50 a week(public bus, school one isn't available). My money at lunch, thats about 2 quid a day which makes a tenner. Thats 8 pounds spare for other things, minus school supplies and trips when they are needed.

I'm not as bright as I want to be, I need to work really hard to get good grades, and with doing 5 subjects I'm working basically all the time. I don't have time to get a job whilst not in college so the 30 a week really helps.

--

Agreed about the shopkeepers thing, that really bugs me when there's a big line and they just talk.

On the EMA thing, just because parents earn a lot more money than others. It doesn't mean they automatically give it to their children.

TBH bus fares are now 75p with the bus pass discount thingembob.

£1.40 to get to and fro school.

That's already £7 on bus fares in a week. Surviving on £3, if you get £10 a week for dinner, is impossible unless you buy sweets all week.

Well that'd the the case for me. The shopes close by have high prices aswell so...

A guy I know gets £30, he brings a sandwich for lunch then steals other peoples food...then spends the money on booze and clothes

That's the reason I hate EMA.

But not even the Americans pluralise with an apostrophe. :heh:

(I'm just being picky, need to vent some studying stress : peace: )

I was standing in front of the class door listening to some music on my phone, and he walks up and says "Get out of my way before I break that thing in half". In my head, I go "wtf?"

If by 'listening to some music on my phone' you mean without headphones then was right to want to snap that shit in half. Also, if that was the case, he shoud have won the fight and broken your nose. :blank:

(Does what piss me off become clear?)

If that was not the case, however, please carry on. :smile:

You did overreact though. Annoying as he may be, the slap to the neck/back/whatever was uncalled for.

EMA is fair enough, seeing as I know a few of my mates just use it to save up for Uni stuff.

On the EMA thing, just because parents earn a lot more money than others. It doesn't mean they automatically give it to their children.

Exactly. I'm happy my parents didn't just give me money as it means I valued what money I earned myself.

Also - dinners. Am I under the impression that people are incapable of bringing some food with them? Maybe packed lunches are an instant no-no once you reach sixth form. :) And buses...when they were 50p a day, on any wage I think a parent could afford to give that to child. Or get a pass that probably reduces the cost even further.

TBH bus fares are now 75p with the bus pass discount thingembob.

£1.40 to get to and fro school.

That's already £7 on bus fares in a week. Surviving on £3, if you get £10 a week for dinner, is impossible unless you buy sweets all week.

Well that'd the the case for me. The shopes close by have high prices aswell so...

A guy I know gets £30, he brings a sandwich for lunch then steals other peoples food...then spends the money on booze and clothes

That's the reason I hate EMA.

Yeh...there's no doubt the money should be rethought as I'm sure people get too much and end up buying stuff they want with it.

Lmao, are you off your rocker? My parents have to give me money? If you're talking about child benefits then poorer people get that too. So why do my parents have to pay me additional money for doing absolute **** all? You don't have talk a lot of nonsense.

Read again kid. Your parents have it to give to you. They have money to give to you. Understand?

Then you're a fool for not knowing how to use the library, or for getting hold of such expensive books for something as frivolous as an A-level.

Ha, try and find the Cambridge History of China volume 7 in any library near me and i'll give it to you. And I care about my education, I needed good grades to get into a good university, so they may be frivolous to you but for us who care we need to work.

Then don't go using taxpayer's money to get you through something which quite blatantly you weren't paid for throughout school, so no reason to in 6th form either.

Books aren't provided for you where I went to college.

I wonder what it would be like if you didn't have money. Sorry, if your parents didn't have money.

About old people, Lee Evans says: "Teenagers and old people are very similar! They are both on loads of drugs! They both have bum fluff hair on their chins... and you wouldn't trust either of them with your car!"

And about the American spelling annoyances (I'm with ya on that one!!) Eddie Izzard had this to say, to an American audience:

(Please note words are spelt phonetically)

You say "Al-u-min-um", we say "Al-lu-min-i-um".

You say "To-mate-o", we say "Toe-mat-oe".

You say " 'erbs", we say "Herbs"... because there's a fucking 'H' in it!

I used to get angry quite easily but have found in recent years that that's just lowering myself to the level of those that are trying to get to me, and I won't give them the satisfaction. eg. On the n-revolution forum there was a girl who had thousands more posts than anyone and all she ever did (on a Wii forum) was bitch about Wii and hype 360, calling everyone all the names under the sun if they disagreed with her opinions. I retaliated for a while, then just ignored her and found myself enjoying the forum again.

... however, there are still things that can still piss me off, even if it does take a long time to get me going:

Pregnant women who smoke.

Hoodies (no disrepect to anyone who wears them - I myself have a fetching Nintendo one - it's just the phrase used for 10-15 year old thugs in Belfast) who think they can steal, swear at you, shout abuse at elderly etc and you can't touch them for it or else THEY'll take YOU to court! These are also the usual little shits that play their mp3's on their phone full blast on public transport without earplugs.

Northern Ireland's railway "service".

And finally, one of my housemates who sings country and western music late at night even though she will have asked you the night before at 8pm(!!) to turn your telly down!

Exactly. I'm happy my parents didn't just give me money as it means I valued what money I earned myself.

Also - dinners. Am I under the impression that people are incapable of bringing some food with them? Maybe packed lunches are an instant no-no once you reach sixth form. :) And buses...when they were 50p a day, on any wage I think a parent could afford to give that to child. Or get a pass that probably reduces the cost even further.

I can't earn the money myself, I don't have the time. My mum has to work part time because she has to take care of my grandad so he's still able to live on his own. I need the £30 a week to be able to go to college, without it I'd be stuck not going onto further education and getting a crappy job somewhere. The fact you seem to be forcing your opinion on people and assuming everyone is and was in the same situation you were is bollocks.

Open your eyes a little wider, some people need the money some don't. Yes, some people waste it on crap and they obviously don't deserve it, but some do.