N-Europe

Frick!

Slaggis

IGN has reported that because of the on going strike, scrubs looks like it may not get a final episode, i.e a good farewell.

While it's always sad to say goodbye to a beloved show, it's a good thing to say goodbye before the show wears out its welcome and becomes a lesser version of itself. Scrubs was poised to do just that this year, but even its already-shortened final season has been truncated due to the ongoing writers strike. While Scrubs doesn't have an ongoing story such as Lost or Heroes - it has a cast of characters that are loved dearly by the show's devoted audience. This is an audience that wants its final moments with Sacred Heart – and sadly may not get them.

With that in mind, we attended the Scrubs "farewell tour" event at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills. The entire main cast was present (except for Sarah Chalke who was unable to attend): Zach Braff, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Krista Miller, Judy Reyes, and Neil Flynn. Sitting on stage with the actors was creator Bill Lawrence, who we learned has written 145 episodes of the show. There was a bittersweet air to the proceedings. While this is clearly a group of people who enjoy working together, they were all – Lawrence included – uncertain if they would get to shoot their final six episodes.

Later in the interview, they say they would love to do it, and it would make sense for sales of the DVD, but if the strike continues, it's likely it won't happen.:(

FRICK!

Well...surely he has a choice?

He either choses to adhere to the strike and get work and stick with the Writers Guild or he choses to break from the strike, be taken off the WGA and probably not find work again (unless completely independently financied).

And its not like he is the one and only writer. They'd all have to do it. Bill Lawrance may be able to survive after but the rest probably wouldn't.

He either choses to adhere to the strike and get work and stick with the Writers Guild or he choses to break from the strike, be taken off the WGA and probably not find work again (unless completely independently financied).

That sucks. Why can't it be optional, like unions?

Thats fucking disgcusting.

Thats a union.

The writers benefit from being in it. (Get help with contractual stuff and finding work and help and stuff and and and and I just love that word)

That sucks. Why can't it be optional, like unions?

Why good would a "we want a share of the profits from other revenues but we're not willing to sacrifice to show that we want it". Strikes are about sacrficing. Otherwise I would be striking right now.

I think you misunderstand, the fact that the show might not get an ending is disgcusting./

Yeah I did misunderstand but im still not that concerned. I have had to live with just reading how shows should have ended many times. It will be bad if this is the case but...hmm.