N-Europe

Resident Evil 4 - :)

Fierce_LiNk

Handcannon was a beast of a gun. Infinite ammo and 99 power...*drools*

The red9 is awesome but if bad guys are approaching and i want power i'd go for the Striker over it. That said, the red9 is a fantastic handgun and i'd put it on par the the blacktail (well, the blacktail just ahead).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reviving thread

I bought this a week or so back and its quality. I didnt think id be one to relish this game but it sure is great. I am not a person for the horror genre in anything but books however Resi 4 seems to have altered my view.

Just at the part now where youve ridden on a big truck with ashley and you get a cutscene showing her get posessed and then a bit showing Ada talking with the scarred army guy.

Call me a pussy but I am playing on easy mode, simply for the fact that i dont want to have to gun down a Chainsaw wielding bitch-whore that has an overly big affection and stamina to shotgun shells.

Obviously youve shared these moments but these are my highlights:

saving the wolf and then helping you to kill el gigante

when you jump off a small bridge and then having to re-load as the chainsaw sisters come charging at you from 2m away! my first decapitation. lovely

the indianna jone mine shaft ride, for obvious reasons. "was tht a vrrrrrrrrrrm noise i heard leaping onto the cart?"

the first regenerator that you can see lying down on the hospital bed which you know will come to life. i resorted to bazooka the first time before realizing the wonders of the semi-auto rifle

awesomeness.

btw i have the mine launcher and its pretty good for when theres a few illuminados bunched up, it may as well be a grenade launcher because after the enemy writhes as you shoot it as it starts to gain balance it blows

the game has an awesome way of keeping you low on ammo on occasions. 1 moment your cruising and packed with shells the next you resorting to rifle at close range.

You shouldn't play it on Easy simply for the fact that Easy mode doesn't give you access to the whole game, man. Meaning there are parts of the game that you haven't seen. Like the Castle Labyrinth Garden, on Easy the door to the inside is open and you don't visit the Labyrinth. On Normal, the door is shut and you have to go into the Labyrinth to search for the two parts of a Moon medallion in order to open the door.

That and other areas are shut off, so you should definitely play it on Normal.

ah well too late for that now...

still im not too bothered because its still very fun

i would have played on normal if i knew that was the case, it should have a warning about that. I'll probably end up playing it again in the future.

I kind of know what answer i'll get to this but do you miss out on loads of stuff on easy?

You shouldn't play it on Easy simply for the fact that Easy mode doesn't give you access to the whole game, man. Meaning there are parts of the game that you haven't seen. Like the Castle Labyrinth Garden, on Easy the door to the inside is open and you don't visit the Labyrinth. On Normal, the door is shut and you have to go into the Labyrinth to search for the two parts of a Moon medallion in order to open the door.

That and other areas are shut off, so you should definitely play it on Normal.

Brrrr....That labyrinth...You KNOW terror was waiting beyond those tight corners. Those muts are vicious, worst than RE1's Dobermen.

I had this game for several days, and ass raped it. The Salazar boss was so easy, I literally beat him in like 10-15 seconds on normal. After beating it, and doing the new content, I traded it in, and got Bioshock and Virtua Fighter 5. I already had the GC version anyway, so no loss really, especially seeing as the ported Ada content wasn't great anyway.

The game is awful on easy mode tbh. The tension is pathetically bad compared to Professional mode which, imo, was probably the best run through of a game i've ever done.

Also, on easy mode you don't have to do the kings grail room (hard shit if you don't have any flash grenades).

I got Umbrella Chronicles for Christmas, played it for a hour or two, haven't touched it since. Next to RE4, it is a huge steaming pile of crap!

Next to RE4, lots of games are a huge steaming pile of crap lol. REUC is a different type of game to RE4. I love RE4 but i also enjoyed UC for what it is & it deserves to do better.

Umbrella Chronicles is awesome! And why the hell are you comparing it ro Res Evil 4!!??

Because it's a Resident Evil game. I actually go from loving it to hating it. I think the main thing that spoils it for me is the ridiculous difficulty. The fact I can shoot a Zombie fie times in the face before it dies, yet if I hit it once in a stupidly small spot on it's hair line it dies straight away is VERY annoying.

The sweet spots should be bigger.

why the hell are you comparing it ro Res Evil 4!!??

Because it's a Resident Evil game of course! I admit I took a chance on it - although thankfully, having got it for Christmas, I didn't pay for it! - knowing it would be different. But what I wasn't expecting was a huge step backwards in terms of enjoyment. UC is just boring to play!

There's plenty of mileage left in the RE4 formula - the best thing Capcom have done with the series since it began. So another game like that for the Wii would have been far better than what we got with Umbrella Chronicles.

It seems we'll need a 360 or a PS3 for that though and, sadly, we'll lose the Wii's excellent controls for such a game. Unless Capcom have plans to bring a version of RE5, or something like it, to the Wii... *crosses fingers*

I got Umbrella Chronicles for Christmas, played it for a hour or two, haven't touched it since. Next to RE4, it is a huge steaming pile of crap!

It really isn't. I enjoyed what I played of it, and most people here who played it enjoyed it as well. It's not Resident Evil 4, but it was never trying or going to be.

It seems we'll need a 360 or a PS3 for that though and, sadly, we'll lose the Wii's excellent controls for such a game. Unless Capcom have plans to bring a version of RE5, or something like it, to the Wii... *crosses fingers*

Resi 2 with Resi4 controls & graphics please!

For me UC was badly done, it just didnt know what kind of game it wanted to be. It was marketed as a lightgun game yet it lacked the fast pace of such a game.

A lightgun game should be like Virtua Cop, Time Crisis or even the recently released Ghost Squad. It should have short levels that have many an enemy popping up and you just shooting the hell out of them without haviing to worry about a sweet spot.

IMO Ghost Squad >>>> Resident Evil UC and that says alot as im a huge R Evil fan, played all the games multiple times and read all the books.