Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

A Second Chance

Daft

I know I'm treading into dangerous territory starting off two threads in a very short time but I'll give it a go anyway. This is also inspired by "Boy A".

Do you believe in giving second chances? Does everyone deserve a second chance? Can people change their ways?

(This is making sense in my head, forgive me if it doesn't to you. Its late.: peace: )

(Boy A was really good I thought.)

I think it does depend on the situation as to whether or not someone should be given a second chance. But at the same time I think we should try to love everyone. (Coming over a bit hippy not sure if that made sense!)

Okay, so for the good of something like society (a criminal) or your personal relationship (an adulterous partner) you shouldn't have to give a second chance, but I don't think that should be done with hate if you choose not to. The relationship ends, or the criminal is imprisoned, but not done in a nasty way.

I think I'm a fairly forgiving person, but when I hand out second chances to people, I do feel like I'm slightly being walked over. Usually, it turns out I am.

Giving a second chance to someone is fine, as long as they the consequences of what they have already done, and the future consequences of what will happen if they abuse that second chance.

One chance only. That's enough for everyone. If you are too stubborn, stupid or self-centred to take it, you don't deserve another one.

But there is nothing wrong with working to atone for your mistake.

I completely agree.

If you make a mistake then you should be given the chance to make up for it. But if you do something on purpose then no. You can't murder/rape/steal/assault somebody by mistake they are done on purpose.

(please don't bring up reports of when somebody got murdered by accident. You get the pint I'm making.)

One chance only. That's enough for everyone. If you are too stubborn, stupid or self-centred to take it, you don't deserve another one.

But there is nothing wrong with working to atone for your mistake.

I have to agree with this point. Everyone should know if what they are doing is right or wrong, no second chances.

I think everyone deserves a second chance if he asks for it or truly feels sorry for whatever he did. However, no more than a second chance.

And if I offer someone a second chance the bond of trust is still broken. Trust is something you don't give away but rather something people earn or lose according to their actions.