N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

'Hat, don't do this to me. Have you played the demo? Absolutely abysmal, tried it in multiplayer, it was seriously naff.

Stop trying to rationalise the buying of it to us and yourself, we know you wouldn't buy it if it had no trophies. Spend your money on 10 Brownie Frijjs.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the film, I'd say I had more enjoyment from it than if I had played the game. I hate playing those types of games when so little is good about them and don't offer fun stuff when compared to other games. It isn't good enough for a game to have average graphics and a decent shooting system anymore.

The film for me at least provided one or two nice action scenes.

The game was a rush job, they didn't even have time to implement the Trophies properly. A gold for finishing each level and a gold for finishing on hard (which isn't really any harder) earns you a Platinum.

I think if they had more time, then it could have turned out ok. But I think the publishers, GRIN, had taken too much on. They did Bionic Commando at the same time, and were rumoured to be working on a Final Fantasy project. Quite a lot for a reletively small development team.

Then they went bust.

Shame really because they made Bionic Commando: Re-Armed, which is one of the best PSN games available.

In all fairness, right, bear with me. I reckon it would be worth a purchase at that price, not just because of the Trophies, but because the film is actually quite awesome. And it has co-op so could be a laugh with my Daughter.

I'll let you have that one...let your daughter play through all of it and win the platinum that way.

Sony's going to call the new PS3 wand Arc, according to a new report circulating this morning.

VG247 claims to have confirmed the name with a trusted inside source. Sony declined to answer Eurogamer's request for comment on grounds of "rumour and speculation".

Sony's yet to announce a proper name for the motion sensing wand, which appears to have slipped out of a much-publicised spring 2010 appearance and into a murkier "this year" arrival. A delay, however, has not been confirmed.

Names linked with the PS3 wand have included Sphere and Gem, although the latter turned out to be "an early code name for the product".

Console rival Microsoft also enters the motion-sensing market this year with the ambitious Project Natal, scheduled for autumn. A slip for "Arc" may bring about a head-to-head collision.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/the-ps3-wand-is-called-arc-report

dunno if this has been posted earlier in the day if so pleaser ignore.

I'll let you have that one...let your daughter play through all of it and win the platinum that way.

Let me just stop you there.

I would let her (insist) she plays on her own profile, so the Trophies would not even show up on my gamer card......however.....how easy would it be to just, you know, accidently earn the Platinum on my profile?

I'm not a Trophy whore, honest....

Did I mention I just got the Platinum in ACII? 13th now.....

I've toned down in the Trophy whoring now. I'm even at 91% in ACII but can't really be arsed to get the last one or two Trophies. I would not have done that 3 months ago. I would have sat at my TV, playing until I had every last one of them. They are probably "floating in and out of my perception of importance" as DG puts it.

Having said that, I'm close to Platinum on MW2 and I know I will get it. So maybe its more about the game.....

Well you definitely will get that ACII platinum, stop kidding yourself.

Called it.

Arc Vs Natal this Christmas :D

Sony has announced a delay to the planned release of the new motion controller for PlayStation 3.

The controller had been due to launch in spring this year. However, in a statement, Sony said it will now be released in the autumn in Japan, North America, Europe and other PAL territories.

There's still no official title for the peripheral, which is referred to as "Motion Controller (tentative name)" in the press release. Reports began circulating yesterday that it will be called Arc.

According to Sony the controller will work with the PlayStation Eye camera. It's said to "detect the natural and intuitive movement of the hand and reflect the precise movement within the game, delivering a whole new entertainment experience on PS3". The plan is for the new peripheral to become the de facto controller for PS3 "along with" the Dual Shock pad.

"We have decided to release the Motion Controller in fall 2010 when we will be able to offer an exciting and varied line-up of software titles that will deliver the new entertainment experience to PS3 users," said Sony Computer Entertainment president Kaz Hirai.

"We will continue to work to have a comprehensive portfolio of attractive and innovative games for the Motion Controller, not only from SCE Worldwide Studios but also from the third-party developers and publishers, whom we have been working closely with. We look forward to soon unveiling the exciting software line-up that further expand and define the PS3 platform as the ultimate entertainment system for the home."

The PS3 motion controller was first unveiled at Sony's E3 press conference last year. Back in July, R&D exec Paul Holman told Eurogamer the company was on track for a spring release "from a hardware point of view".

Sony will now face competition from Microsoft, which has given a "holiday 2010" date for the release of new motion control technology Project Natal.

It makes perfect sense in my eyes. This way they will be able to get more software ready and give the wand a proper showing at this years E3. The only downside is that it will be launching nearer Natal.

Now I care not for either ( hate all of this motion controller tripe, just give me a standard controller!! ) but Natal will no doubt be seen as the new cool gadget, while this still looks like a Wiimote knock off. Still, plenty can change between now and the time it launches.

Interesting times ahead.

I like the name Arc. Makes me think of Indiana Jones.

I don't really mind about the delay. If anything it shows that Sony want something solid to launch with. As for it coming up against Natal, yawn. I like Natal's tech but no thanks. I've played EyeToy games and even though Natal is obviously far more advance it's such a disconnected feeling I really don't care for it.

I think Sony have got the match up of camera and controller spot on. Obviously Microsoft could release a controller for it, the product "Natal" is the camera.

I think to make Arc successful they are going to have to market it in a way that reminds people how much they used to love playing with the Eyetoy, otherwise its just going to be seen as a Wiimote ripoff and left.

As for the delay, I would have prefered a bit of a headstart on Natal so it wasnt battling between the two but as long as something positive comes from this delay I can live with it.

I hardly know anything about this game, but I hear it's good.

Make sure you play it as if it was an RPG, and not as if it was a shooter. It may look like an FPS, but its not at all. Also, don't just rush through the main quest, you're going to want to spend most of your time just exploring the world and doing side quests. Also, you may want to look up the 3 must-get-at-certain-points-in-the-game-otherwise-you-won't-be-able-to-get-them-latter bobble-heads. Also, save all the time, there are a lot of glitches in the game.