• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit ignorant on the PS3 front and I'm looking to get one soon so I'm just wondering if there were any rumors of an impending price drop or new SKUs?

Also if I bought one now what are the chances of them implementing backward compatibility?

Guest Stefkov

Probably no possibility on the Back compat. If you want that get the 60gig which'll be hard to find or just pick up a PS2.

The latter would be the easier option, although I'm not sure what the range of games the 60gig can play.

Still just get a PS2, they were £50 in Asda last year at one point, surely they must be cheaper now.

MGS4 for June? Sounds ace.

Resi 5 = 2009. Seriously.

RE4 was in development for like 4 years or something daft.

RE4 was in development hell for a lot of that time though. If it weren't for one of the failed early concepts of the game then Devil May Cry wouldn't exist. Work on the real RE4 didn't begin until sometime after the preview of the final beta of the game at E3 2003. But yeah it's confirmed now that RE5 isn't going to make it for 2008, so this one is probably having problems too.

RE4 was in development hell for a lot of that time though. If it weren't for one of the failed early concepts of the game then Devil May Cry wouldn't exist.

Heh, i didn't know that. Cool! :)

God of War: Chains of Olympus seems to be as good as it promised. Let's wait and see.

Indeed! I just read the review over at IGN ( http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/852/852821p1.html ) and I cant wait for the release.

I loved both GoW games on the PS2 and this looks like it will live up to the high standards set by the previous 2 games. I actually prefer GoW over DMC, cant wait to see what GoW3 looks like on the PS3.

Indeed! I just read the review over at IGN ( http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/852/852821p1.html ) and I cant wait for the release.

I loved both GoW games on the PS2 and this looks like it will live up to the high standards set by the previous 2 games. I actually prefer GoW over DMC, cant wait to see what GoW3 looks like on the PS3.

Theres no date for Europe, which is annoying, so i reckon end of March or April! So i've preordered from VGP and it's roughly £25!

Looks AMAZING! MOST definately the PSP's best game, lets hope there's HUGE bosses come intact, that would be impressive....

Patapon and GOW: Chains Of Olympus in a few short weeks! PSP has finally got some new games!

I must get the new Sypthon Filter game as well on it....

I got my PS3!

I'm downloading a Burnout demo, it's 40% and it's been downloading for about an hour, should it be taking this long? My internet connection is fairly fast...

No i don't think it should. My downloads take about 10 minutes max. You using wireless?

No i don't think it should. My downloads take about 10 minutes max. You using wireless?

Really? Oh shit...

Yeah I'm using wireless, but it says signal strength is 100%!

Urm... on the connection settings status screen it says the following (which I don't understand)-

-UPnP - Not Availible

-NAT Type - Type 2

-Proxy Server - Do Not Use

-MTU - Automatic

-Channel - 13

Does that tell anyone anything useful?

My PSP, Wii, PC all work very fast... My Wii downloads, for example, are fast... hmm...

Help!

I think it's been said before that the PS3 is slow with the old wireless. I use a cable, nice and fast. I'll switch over to wireless and give it a little download test.

Yeh it's slower.

damn it that sucks a bit...will it affect online games much or just downloading?

Depends, i still prefer Live over the PSN.

PSN's updates pretty much suck for Europe, the lack of cross game voice chat, universal friends lists...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!