• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got Resistance 2, Killzone 2, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty on the way to me. Good times ahead. :D

Gonna have to get me all of those eventually :p Don't think I'll overload with them all at once though, I'd either get distracted by having so many and never get into any of them, or get into 1 or 2 in particular and ignore the rest!

Depends on the type of cover and the level of contents insurance they have, and obviously what excess they have to pay. Anywho, no harm in asking.

If anyone is looking for a cheap Phat PS3 BuyItHere are doing 80GB for £180.

Hmm that could be a lifeline. If I manage to make moneydough on my current dead system on eBay and then order that, I could save some money. But then I'll have to be really quick about it. Decisions!!! Wah I don't know what to do.

I could then sell the 80GB HDD and replace with the 250gb.

Edit: seems they've ran out of stock, unsurprisingly. There'll probably be a great deal just around the corner.

Hmmm I'm thinking I need to make a very quickly, I've just seen that this faulty 40gb PS3 is going to go for £100 + and if I can sell mine for the same price then I could be in with awesomeness with the link Ash sent me.

Edited by dwarf

Where are these bundles? I have been looking around for them but to no avail. I would prefer to wait a couple of weeks to get a bundle rather than buy it on its lonesome.

I checked play but they dont have any i think. People are saying the highstreet and supermarkets have lots of deals though.

Plus clearance of the old 80GB.

Analysts Claim Sony is losing $100 per PS3 Slim

The newly announced slimline PS3 offers a new form factor, a higher capacity hard drive, reduced noise output and a lower price point compared to the current system. There has to be a catch, right? For Sony, there might be.

Today's episode of a general interest TV Tokyo news program called Pipitto! Keizai Koukishin covered Sony's Gamescom announcement of the new PS3 system. To help understand Sony's pricing strategy, the program turned to an analyst at Daiwa Institute of Research.

The slide lists the material cost for the PS3 as ¥40,000 (£257). The announcer explains that a price drop to ¥29,800 (£191) means that Sony's losses will increase with each system they sell. However, if they increase their sales, the material cost will gradually go down, and so too will the losses.

We last heard specifics on PS3's losses in May through a more official source. Back then, Sony CFO Nobuyuki Oneda revealed that Sony was, as of March, still taking a 10% hit on each PS3 sold. Given the PS3's price at the time, 10% would mean a cost to Sony of about ¥44,000 (£257).

The TV Tokyo segment also attempted to explain why Sony was reducing the price of the system despite offering new features like the higher capacity hard drive. The answer came in the form of a graph showing PS3 sales trending below Wii and Xbox 360. The speaker pointed out that the system, even with its new pricing, is still pricier than its rivals (the show listed the 360 at ¥19,800 (£127)).

Edited by Dante
Currency Converter

My friend managed to blag himself a new PS3 in exchange for his broken one because it was still in warranty. When asked for proof of purchase (he had no receipt) he lied by saying it came with a phone contract.

Lucky shit.

Edit: can someone tell me what enclosure I need for my 250gb ps3 HDD if I'm going to upgrade?

Edited by dwarf

My friend managed to blag himself a new PS3 in exchange for his broken one because it was still in warranty. When asked for proof of purchase (he had no receipt) he lied by saying it came with a phone contract.

Lucky shit.

Edit: can someone tell me what enclosure I need for my 250gb ps3 HDD if I'm going to upgrade?

This should do.

Edited by Deathjam

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!