N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Because the PS3 Slim looks like a cheap Chinese knock off that was featured in a ridiculous youtube video?

I was thinking more along the lines of, "I told you those leaked factory shots were real from day one," but whatever floats your boat.

The premium LBP theme looks rather nifty. Can't say I'm thrilled at the idea of forking out for such things, but I might have to make an exception for the inevitably amazing Last Guardian one. I like that they've swiped the best parts of the NXE, too.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

That was good news for me. I've been wanting a PS3 for ages now, mostly for the downloadable games.

Also... I'll happily wait for the official photos to hit.

EDIT: Wait... is that the official picture?

EDIT: ...oh. Looks... just as nice as the PSP Go...

I was thinking more along the lines of, "I told you those leaked factory shots were real from day one," but whatever floats your boat.

Sorry, I didn't realise the PS3 Slim actually looked like that.

I'd actually pay a bit more to not have one that looked like that.

I'd actually pay a bit more to not have one that looked like that.

I actually think it looks alright. Not immediately beautiful, but then everyone seemed to think the 'old' PS3 was an ugly duckling when that was unveiled.

I'm tempted to sell my PAL 60GB and pick up a Slim instead. I never use the backwards compatability and I imagine the new model will be even quieter whilst using about a quarter of the power. I'll have to see one in the flesh first, though.

Hmm the new price for the phat (btw, to me the phat and skinny are both ugly but for different reasons but hey ho, thats me ^_^) is tempting, although what is the official price point? £130 seems low.

Also, just to check. With a PS3 you can bung in a usb pen and watch avi files yes?

I actually think it looks alright. Not immediately beautiful, but then everyone seemed to think the 'old' PS3 was an ugly duckling when that was unveiled.

I'm tempted to sell my PAL 60GB and pick up a Slim instead. I never use the backwards compatability and I imagine the new model will be even quieter whilst using about a quarter of the power. I'll have to see one in the flesh first, though.

Yeah, I'm sure I'll get used to it. I miss the silver at the front and I hate the font. I know everyone hated the Spiderman font but the only reason it bugged me was because of the Spiderman thing.

I have no desire to change (thank god) but when my PS3 breaks again, because it's only a matter of time with electronics around me, I won't be too disheartened about picking this up. I do miss the silver.

Ta. It should then be able to replace my DVD player. I need my USB-powered TV fix :p But yeah, whats the RRP of the phat now, does anyone know? Sorry to be a pain.

And in that last image of Cooky's is anyone else reminded of a wide document folder?

Must admit, I agree with Daft on the paint. The shiny finish looks much better. At least the Slim won't show up finger prints and dust so much.

Looking forward to getting it as soon as it releases. Now to compile a list of games to work my way back through.