Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

I was going to say it wasn't that bad as it's clearly aimed at a tween demographic. Then I read "girlz" and any thoughts of forgiveness were cast from my mind.

The Trophy patch for Bionic Commando Re-armed is out in Europe now, should anyone be interested. Unfortunately you have to delete your old saves, and I can't really be arsed to do all those Challenge Rooms again; they get ludicrously hard.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say it wasn't that bad as it's clearly aimed at a tween demographic. Then I read "girlz" and any thoughts of forgiveness were cast from my mind.

The Trophy patch for Bionic Commando Re-armed is out in Europe now, should anyone be interested. Unfortunately you have to delete your old saves, and I can't really be arsed to do all those Challenge Rooms again; they get ludicrously hard.

YAY! Bought it when it was cheap...then didnt play it. Now i have one more reason to fix that mistake.

That's pretty bad, nowhere near as bad as some of the crap Nintendo used to have though. Or the new PC World advert, the really sexist one with the women voice over having bought the laptop because it's pink and matches her shoes or whatever.

Funny you should say that, because almost all of my Moms electronics have to be pink (if that colour is available).

So how can it be sexist if it's true?

Thats exactly what I thought, along with other undermining language. It reads like chainmail or a facebook app (or am I missing something?).

Sony Trademarks P.S. Thanks, Which Is Interesting

504x_psthanks.jpg

A new trademark filed by Sony Computer Entertainment America may point to a new "incentive rewards program" dubbed "P.S. Thanks," something that could be a positive benefit for serious PlayStation fans.

The trademark specifically protects P.S. Thanks—presumably short for PlayStation Thanks—against "entertainment services" for an "incentive rewards program geared toward quantifying, identifying and motivating top consumer base with the goal of promotion and sale of video game hardware and software." That could mean a replacement for the phased out PlayStation Underground program or something as potentially rewarding on par with Nintendo's Club Nintendo.

Since the trademark points out a focus on the "top consumer base," a P.S. Thanks program may go after the most serious PlayStation fan, the type willing to pursue Platinum Trophies and take up arms in the Sony Defense Force, possibly. We just hope it means some sort of yearly novelty hat giveaway.

http://kotaku.com/5330629/sony-trademarks-ps-thanks-which-is-interesting

Will they reward existing trophy-owners or whatever it is they are implementing? I'd like that RSS type thing to work where someone knocked together a picture of a list of things updating information such as people recently attaining trophies or becoming a friend of yours etc etc.

SCEA offers a comment: "As you know, we have a long history of creating unique loyalty programs such as PlayStation Underground which started with the original PlayStation and has evolved into the Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP). We continue to look for ways to expand this program and simply are evaluating new naming conventions for this evolution."

Could just be a renaming of "GAP". The way I'm thinking it would work, is just like when you register your products for guarantees/newsletters from the manufacturer, but in this case you could get a set amount of points which add up.

Persona 5 to be announced soon?

Kotaku has a quick story about an interview with Atlus composer Shoji Meguro showing up on a mobile version of Sony's site. The interview apparently doesn't offer much in the way of hard details about upcoming products, but the introductory photo is accompanied by text that appears to say that Meguro is serving as the producer for Persona 5, which hasn't been officially announced or confirmed at all.

An error? Perhaps. Factually inaccurate? Heck, maybe. But when combined with the previous pachinko-related reports that also said something about a fifth game in the Persona series, this is all starting to sound more and more likely. Plus, Persona 4 has been out for awhile. It's just about time for another game in the series to be announced, regardless.

I'm putting my money on an official announcement at or around this year's Tokyo Game Show, which takes place in late September. Though I'd rather put my money into a Chie-focused martial arts action spin-off, now that I think about it.

Congrats Mat, was it difficult? Good job anyway, I can't cope with fighting games such as Blaz. Tekken gives me the illusion that I'm good so I'll pick that up and be done with fighting games until the next one.

Anyway, I'm off to Menorca today and will be gone for one week so I'll wish you all jolly week of discussion and games playing. Latarz!

Edited by dwarf

I would say it was medium difficulty. Some of them were a bitch to get, but most are just time consuming. Definitely easier then SFIV though.

Menorca eh? I went a couple of years ago. Its fantastic. Quiet, compared to the other balearics, but thats what I liked about it. Very relaxing. Enjoy.

Quick question.

I'm going to france at some point this year, and I'll probably be buying a PS3 when I get back. From what I understand, PS3 games aren't region encoded, but will a game purchased in France for the most part be playable in english, or just french?

Quick question.

I'm going to france at some point this year, and I'll probably be buying a PS3 when I get back. From what I understand, PS3 games aren't region encoded, but will a game purchased in France for the most part be playable in english, or just french?

I'm pretty sure all european games are in English, with the option of French, German, Spanish or Dutch. I know when I have bought European games, thats been the case. (Wii Fit and Quake Wars I bought from Germany)

From Housemarque, the developers of Superstardust HD,

"We are currently concentrating on new game projects and I am happy to say that we will be announcing something at gamescom in Cologne," revealed Kuittinen. "All I can say right now is that it is a PS3 PSN exclusive title we have been working on quite a while now, and yes... shooting is an integral part of the game..."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-retrospective-super-stardust-hd-article

Can't wait. I love SSHD.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!