N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Got to say Infamous is superb. They nailed the gameplay. Feels like amuch better version of Spiderman 2. ALot better. Also none of the missions have repeated once. Dont loads too. Some are variants of do this and that(kill alongside) but never samey like most open world games.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone got ideas on what PSN games they'd like to see? I'd like a sequel to Stardust, maybe with some slightly different shaped planets and more 'epic' bosses. I think a more single player sort of experience with a goal at the end instead of too heavy a focus on high scores.

That would be AWSOME. I love stardust! Had a blast on it the other day thinking about it.

Just got back from a Killers tribute band gig, and thought it would be a good idea to record ourselves singing on Singstar. So if anybody wants a laugh, just take a look at my profile on Singstar and have a look at us singing 'Ice Ice Baby'

Quality. I love Tekken, this'll be Day 1 for me. Not looking forward to online play though getting my ass on a plate by some Japanese arcade guru.

Yeah it will be awesome. Hope they dont make dumb any dumb mistakes.

SC on PSP also looks awesome.

Yeah it will be awesome. Hope they dont make dumb any dumb mistakes.

SC on PSP also looks awesome.

SC does look good, but I've never played any Soul Calibers (did I dumb spell that right?). I hope they'll be Tekken PS3 to PSP connectivity.

Getting close to the Resistance 2 platinum trophy. I think it'll be the best trophy I have got so far, simply because it's pretty damn hard to obtain. Just need to complete a few more co-op missions, and then I can gloat to all of you who probably don't give a shit anyway.

SC on the PSP is a must buy for me...loved SC IV on PS3 only really stopped playing it cos the mad xmas rush.

Exactly SC4 was a bit weak however the PSP game looks really good. Even has a CG intro this time.

Soul Calibur isn't good, it doesn't have the history and just isn't as visually appealing, even if the graphics are better.

How does it not have the history? It came out in the arcades in 98, tekken was what 94? That's only four years...Not all that long in the grand scheme of things...I guess compared to Streetfighter yes it doesn't have the history but what fighting game does?

How does it not have the history? It came out in the arcades in 98, tekken was what 94? That's only four years...Not all that long in the grand scheme of things...I guess compared to Streetfighter yes it doesn't have the history but what fighting game does?

Dont forget Soul Blade. Its a great series. Yeah SC4 made afew mistakes but so did SF4. No point in being harsh on one game over the other when both are very enjoyable.

No history for me anyway, Tekken was way more popular than Soul Calibur and no-one I've ever talked to has heard of it. When you say Tekken everyone spontaneously jolts, turns around and shouts their favourite character at you.

My childhood consisted of a lot of Tekken.

Had Soul Calibur on GC and it was LAME.

Yeah, and Soul Edge actually came out in 1996...so, no history?

Not really.

Plus, I'd say it's visuals are the best around.

Dont forget Soul Blade. Its a great series. Yeah SC4 made afew mistakes but so did SF4. No point in being harsh on one game over the other when both are very enjoyable.

Cheers forgot about those games. Yeah SC IV wasn't perfect it had some odd omissions, like the mission modes from previous games and the tower game was no where near as good but it was still a solid fighter and I loved the character creator not something I usually get into.

No history for me anyway, Tekken was way more popular than Soul Calibur and no-one I've ever talked to has heard of it. When you say Tekken everyone spontaneously jolts, turns around and shouts their favourite character at you.

My childhood consisted of a lot of Tekken.

Total opposite for me...It was all about Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat oh and Killer Instinct...Tekken was kinda this wierd game that I remember only a couple of lads at school used to talk about.

Soul Calibur was an awesome game for me...remember playing it an arcade somewhere and on a mates Dreamcast, there is no way Soul Calibur 2 on the cube was lame! It's arguably the pinnacle of the series.

Well if that was the pinnacle I dread to play the others. Nightmare was the only iconic character in it, I don't actually remember many others... Asteroth. To me it seemed they were trying to rejuvinate it by adding Link etc (Darth & Yoda in new versions) so that it got more appeal. For me it wasn't exciting.

What are you on?!

Everyone knew Kilik cos he battered everyone with a stick. Mitsurugi. Maxi and Astaroth had an epic rivalry going on. Cervantes. And that freak Voldo. Also, the music in the first was fantastic with stages to match. Plus it was so fast. Tekken was bloated in comparison.

Plus you had some well retarded characters in Tekken. A panda? Gun Jack? Just seemed like a manga wankfest.

You could argue that the second was the pinnacle, but you'd be wrong. The first on the Dreamcast is the best. The reason why I bought a Dreamcast.

Well there's no way you're convincing me that Soul Calibur is better than Tekken. It's just not.

Not really much point trying to convince someone who's still desperate for a Crash game. ;) Oh, yes. The Choze wink.

Yeah the DC one is the overall best. Its aged quite abit now but for its time SC1 was stunning.

Content Wise SC3 was really good. Had tons in it. Superb new characters etc. The best stages in that are still some of the best in fighting games! The siege stage for example! :) Looked next gen at the time.

I hope Sc4 can match SC3 in content or even just come close. Cut out the extra silly single player stuff.

Heathen!

Yeah SC IV wasn't perfect it had some odd omissions, like the mission modes from previous games and the tower game was no where near as good but it was still a solid fighter and I loved the character creator not something I usually get into.

Single player was an utter disaster. Heck MK VS DC was better in many ways there.

For me both Tekken and SC are awesome. They are my favourite fighting games.

Tekken 6 and SC PSP have me hyped!

Not really much point trying to convince someone who's still desperate for a Crash game. ;) Oh, yes. The Choze wink.

Haha well you keep playing Xmen Origins:Wolverine. It is afterall game of the year :wink: