Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Demon Souls sounds like a pain lol. Shame japanese games arent English either. I would have gone for Yakuza straight out.

Reminds me to play Valkyria Chronicles.

I rented Far Cry 2 yesterday. So mind numbingly boring. Never felt so brain dead in ages. Whoever though lets use so so mechanics and just throw players in an open world is an idiot. I think i can understand Ubisoft going mad with open worlds...

Edited by Choze

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought Far Cry 2 was amazingly dull.

Shame really, setting things on fire was fun.

The game had some unique things going for it but when you start playing it takes ages getting things done. There is too much filler and the fps mechanics are quite weak. The open world gameplay is nowhere near Crysis. Crytek killed Ubisoft on this one.

Yeah FarCry 2 is awful. The controls are half as precise as Killzone and it never felt like I was getting anywhere. As for the online mode... Shite is the word. Slightly laggy an doesn't feel rewarding. Plus deathmatces have rubbish spawns where you always get shot from behind.

It is just as well I am borrowing it. Me and my friend occasionally go on it just to do some team kills, it never gets old. It just teaches the userbase to stop playing it lol. If I cared about the stats I wouldn't play it, but when you can fun round RPGing your team in the face and then going Rambo with a knife you can't fail to have fun.

i thought far cry 2 took hours to finaly get going, but yeah, it felt kinda dull if you didnt play it in the intended way (ironic for an open world game i think!

basicly, the intended way to play was to stalk your pray, scout places out and take your time to be stealthy.

still sold it cos id never play again.

Yeah and the adding colour green into the logo.

Japan's Playstation 1 Software LTD

Statistics:

SKU's: 1.218

Total Units: 160.449.201

Average: 131.732

3rd Party: 133.830.431

1st Party: 26.618.770

PSX - Dragon Quest VII 3.893.293

PSX - Final Fantasy VIII 3.501.588

PSX - Final Fantasy VII 3.277.776

PSX - Final Fantasy IX 2.707.301

PSX - Gran Turismo 2.186.375

PSX - Resident Evil 2 2.154.975

PSX - Minna no Golf 1.777.895

PSX - Derby Stallion 1.737.819

PSX - Gran Turismo 2 1.460.687

PSX - Resident Evil 3: Nemesis 1.383.282

PSX - Final Fantasy Tactics 1.270.806

PSX - Resident Evil 1.194.779

PSX - Tekken 3 1.186.119

PSX - Dragon Quest IV: Michibikareshi Monotachi 1.173.671

PSX - Chocobo's Mysterious Dungeon 1.165.796

PSX - Arc the Lad 1.090.000

PSX - SaGa Frontier 1.088.414

PSX - Tekken 2 1.088.069

Yeah i remember how companies were openly hostile about Nintendo and SEGA in regards to aspects such as royalties and costs.

The Europe thing is important because Sony always do well here interms of business.

“But the thing that really upset Ken was that the Polygon Man design wasn’t Gouraud shaded, it was flat shaded! So Polygon Man was taken out into the car park and quietly shot.”

LOL

And that’s including Kazanori Yamauchi’s Motor Toon Grand Prix, a title he made before forming Polyphony to create Gran Turismo.

Really?! Doesnt make sense. Its like a one in a million chance.

I had a bit of fun with Far Cry, not online though, that was poo. But I quite enjoyed the open world shooter. It was just over hyped and under delivered, similar to Killzone 2.

Now i know you are insane :p

I was thinking earlier, not sure if this is a good idea or not, but could we like, invite people from other forums to come over here? The other consoles board has been pretty dead recently and I thought it might be a good idea if we scouted around to find some good people to join in discussions and stuff - get a few new faces ya know?

I was thinking earlier, not sure if this is a good idea or not, but could we like, invite people from other forums to come over here? The other consoles board has been pretty dead recently and I thought it might be a good idea if we scouted around to find some good people to join in discussions and stuff - get a few new faces ya know?

I blame that April fools... but yes would be nice.

That would actually be fun - Internet judges. Ask for wit, if you don't get it, move onto the next forumer.

And yeah it would be hard trying to convince people to change forums because it's another place to settle into. Although it's easier when you unnecessarily change your font colour :)

That would actually be fun - Internet judges. Ask for wit, if you don't get it, move onto the next forumer.

And yeah it would be hard trying to convince people to change forums because it's another place to settle into. Although it's easier when you unnecessarily change your font colour :)

The blue font brings out the colours in my eyes!!

:p

Hehe I think the font change is a good idea because it is easier to distinguish the arrogant 'look at me I'm different' people from the good.

In all seriousness I don't mind, I mean if you deem it necessary to catch our attention just so your pointless comments are read then fine.

:santa: obviously I'm joking. yes I am joking

Can I ask a question which is earnest in its intent and not a snide backhanded comment but merely a serious query that crossed my mind...do any games still use the tilt aspect of the PS3 controller?

Granted, I don't keep up with the console as much anymore but I've not heard of it being used for a while. And this just flitted into my mind like a plastic bag in the wind.

Can I ask a question which is earnest in its intent and not a snide backhanded comment but merely a serious query that crossed my mind...do any games still use the tilt aspect of the PS3 controller?

Granted, I don't keep up with the console as much anymore but I've not heard of it being used for a while. And this just flitted into my mind like a plastic bag in the wind.

Not much anymore. What happened to PSP link ups?

Flower is the best use of motion controls I've seen, including the Wii.

KillZone 2 has that awesome sniper feature and for placing bombs and turning valves.

Mirror's Edge and Uncharted uses it to balance on tightrope and such.

Uncharted 1/2 uses if for throwing grenades.

It's used in Wipeout HD.

Noby Noby Boy uses it for camera controls.

LittleBIGPlanet uses it to puppet the character.

Yeah, games still use it. It is also be used better as time goes by.

Not much anymore. What happened to PSP link ups?

Do you actually have a Playstation 3?

Edited by Daft

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!