• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

hey all

on the post your purchases thread about a week ago a chap posted that he was brought a PS3 for £180 (sorry mate forgot name)

but anyway anyone know the site or a site where can grab a PS3 for best price at mo.

any help appreciated cheers

Look on sites like http://www.avforums.com and http://www.hotukdeals.com

People are selling second hand PS3's there all the times, I got a bargain off avforums, £225 for a new unboxed 40gb ps3 with GT5-Prologue and Spiderman 3 blu-ray :)

If your looking to buy from stores, I recommend amazon as I think they give you a free HDMI cable, and it's still cheaper than anywhere else (I think).

I'm getting slightly irritated with the PS3 because half the demos and videos I download, when I try to instll them an installation error occurs, or with the videos it says 'corrupted data'.

Frustrating as hell!

Edit: just looked around and sometimes it can happen if you perform in background apparently. Will try normal download now.

I'm getting slightly irritated with the PS3 because half the demos and videos I download, when I try to instll them an installation error occurs, or with the videos it says 'corrupted data'.

Frustrating as hell!

How long has that been going on for?

Well my PS3 was second hand so I don't know if it was faulty before. But I downloaded the Grid demo which didnt install which was longer than a month ago, but peforming in background and trying again worked.

(see my above edit on fix)

Frustrating as hell!

This was happening to me when I first got my PS3. After a while it stopped. Saying that, BE (my IP) have been on and off for me so I think if the connection drops during download, perhaps that could be a contributing factor. Damn computays!

But the games/dvds work fine. Having said that, very recently, as in the last couple of days, there is about a 7 second pause that usually comes after the PS3 tingle chimes when you load a game. I'm not sure if it happens all the time because I haven't booted up a lot of games often enough, but it is slightly worrying.

Oh and I redownladed the Ratchet demo fine when I downloaded it normally (not in background). I might have to buy ToD seeing as it was just as fun as the first Ratchet I played on PS2. I never bought any of it's sequels but this 4th one looks great and it's almost as cheap as Quest for Booty now so may as well!

How was it overall? Was it as excellent as Tools of Destruction? (obviously excluding length)

Yeah, more of the same (which I mean as a positive :heh: ) but upgrading the weapons isn't as fun but I guess that is due to the much shorter length. I do think it is a real shame it doesn't recognise the Tools of Destruction save in any way.

Yeah, more of the same (which I mean as a positive :heh: ) but upgrading the weapons isn't as fun but I guess that is due to the much shorter length. I do think it is a real shame it doesn't recognise the Tools of Destruction save in any way.

Cool! thanks!

I shall be egally awaiting the disc version to come out!

That's good to hear. I just got back into ToD. Some parts of it annoy me, and I do find it goes on a little bit, but I really like it. As I've not money right now I can't get the new one so will have to wait a few months for it.

How long is it?

That's good to hear. I just got back into ToD. Some parts of it annoy me, and I do find it goes on a little bit, but I really like it. As I've not money right now I can't get the new one so will have to wait a few months for it.

How long is it?

About 4 hours, I'd say.

Late comment I know but I've finally got every treasure in Uncharted, had to use to Faq for some of them, but they should make it easier by labelling the 61 of them and then showing you what chapters they can be found in. Oh well. I'm striving for that platinum trophy, pretty much the only thing i have to do now is kill a certain number of enemies with weapon a,b and c etc then complete the game on hard (crap) and then again on CRUSHING (mega crap).

I can gloat afterwards though :)

I think what I'm gonna do is not try and rush through and beat the game twice, but instead do a chapter every-so often.

And I don't see how I'm gonna be able to do crushing mode at the bit where there are tons of golem spaniard freaks! wish me luck lol

Late comment I know but I've finally got every treasure in Uncharted, had to use to Faq for some of them, but they should make it easier by labelling the 61 of them and then showing you what chapters they can be found in. Oh well. I'm striving for that platinum trophy, pretty much the only thing i have to do now is kill a certain number of enemies with weapon a,b and c etc then complete the game on hard (crap) and then again on CRUSHING (mega crap).

I can gloat afterwards though :)

I think what I'm gonna do is not try and rush through and beat the game twice, but instead do a chapter every-so often.

And I don't see how I'm gonna be able to do crushing mode at the bit where there are tons of golem spaniard freaks! wish me luck lol

Just compete it on Crushing, you get all dificulty trophies in one go that way.

Yeah but you have to beat Hard in order to unlock crushing. However, there is a file on the net you can download so that hard mode is done, then you can just do crushing. :)

Anyone got that platinum trophy yet? Is it the only one for PS3 atm?