Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

See Sony have decided to take the route that they are offering these features for developers to use rather than make them mandatory and whilst yes it works to their favour in that developers don't feel pressured yet it can leave us short changed in some respects.

MS have the patent on that so Sony and Nintendo cant copy cat. Expect more patent restrictions in the future form all 3 companies.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan
If i can find it under £20, i'd buy it. I still don't own it.

Got it, £18 brand new with delivery.

Win.

From Joystiq

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune developer Naughty Dog tells us that a patch to add PlayStation Trophy support to the game will be available by mid-August. Company co-president Evan Wells says that the update has already been submitted for quality assurance testing and could hit sooner.

According to Wells, the patch was "incredibly easy" to implement because the game already contains preliminary support for Trophies via its Medals reward system. He further revealed that these hooks were actually included because Naughty Dog thought Sony would roll out Trophies before Uncharted's November 2007 launch.

As with other PS3 titles getting retroactive Trophy support, Uncharted will require those who've already completed the game to play through again in order to unlock Trophies, even if they had previously earned every Medal. Wells says this is primarily to prevent people from simply using someone else's save data to artificially bolster their Trophy collection. Shame on you for even thinking about it.

I noticed it was £9.99 preowned in gamestation...don't usually get preowned but is cheap as chips....

Yeah Domstercool I don't the like the weightlessness of the weapons almost feels floaty, strange...perhaps i'll get used to it.

In other news, update for PSN store in Europe;

Games

Fatal Inertia EX (€19,99)

Game demo’s

Fatal Inertia EX

Game content

Super Stardust HD

Team Add-on (€3,99)

Game video’s

Buzz Quiz TV

TV-commercial

commercial Sofa vs. Sofa

Gran Turismo TV

E3 trailer

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

E3 trailer

LittleBigPlanet

E3 trailer

PixelJunk Eden

E3 trailer

Resistance 2

E3 trailer

look at all the videos the US store got though along with the video store as well...lucky buggers!

Videos

God of War III

Killzone 2

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Xam’d Lost Memories

Buzz PSP

Resistance: Retribution

Ratchet & Clank Quest for Booty

PixelJunk Eden

Siren Blood Curse

PAIN Amusement Park

Gran Turismo TV

MKU vs DCU

Blitz The League II

Valkyria Chronicles

Resident Evil 5

This is Vegas

TNA Impact! Wrestling

Heres details about Resistance on the PSP.

Sony has let out more details for its freshly unveiled Resistance PSP game.

Retribution is to be given an entirely new story by Sony US studio Bend. Events take place weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man, and you play not as Nathan Hale but as James Grayson, a former British Marine.

He has a personal vendetta to settle with the Chimera after they forced him to shoot his own brother who, like the rest of Western Europe, was being converted into a dirty alien. Dun dun dun.

The biggest difference is that Resistance Retribution will be a third-person action adventure and not a first-person shooter.

It does look rather good though, as the first screenshots and Sony conference trailer showed. This is down to a "third-generation" engine from Bend that can handle more detail and bigger environments.

The developer is also giving it a "revolutionary" targeting system to compensate for the cramped PSP controls. You'll be able to put this to use with lots of new weapons on lots of new baddies.

On top that is multiplayer for eight of you either locally or using Wi-Fi, with the usual Capture the Flag and Deathmatch modes as well as Containment and Assimilation variations.

Resistance Retribution is due out next spring.

Fat Princess sounds great

It's not often a product description like this comes along, so I'm going to let it speak for itself:

Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

Yes. It's 16v16, online carnage, as you fight over - and drag - a morbidly obese woman across the battlefield. There's 10 maps, five character classes, and one writer's captured heart.

EDIT: Pixel Eden gets a release date

Q-Games' next PSN exclusive is PixelJunk Eden, a wildly innovative title that combines the best elements of Bionic Commando and Peggle ... with co-op. With its enticing style and as-always brilliant music, this upcoming Q-Games title cannot get here soon enough. PixelJunk Eden will be available in both the US and Japan on July 31st. And yes, it will support trophies.

Guest Jordan
Nice one. I know you said you didn't like it because of the weightlessness of the weapons, but the game is a decent shooter, nothing ground breaking, but good though. Multi is great too.

Half the issue was the lack of a dual shock at the time, i'm ready to give it another go.

Fat Princess sounds great

EDIT: Pixel Eden gets a release date

DO WANT BOTH. Fat Princess looks like THE BEST team based game i've ever seen. Pixel Junk Eden isn't going to be out for ages in Europe, i just know it.

Half the issue was the lack of a dual shock at the time, i'm ready to give it another go.

DO WANT BOTH. Fat Princess looks like THE BEST team based game i've ever seen. Pixel Junk Eden isn't going to be out for ages in Europe, i just know it.

Have to live in hope I guess...how long did we wait for pixeljunk in the past?

Hmmm...

Well so far we've had:

Pixel Junk Monsters and

Pixel Junk Racers

Which have both come out worldwide on the same date... Hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PixelJunk

Monsters: January 24th, 2008

Racers: September 13th, 2007

well you never know then....

Anyway picked up Resistance on my way home today. Such is my love for Resistance 2 I'm gonna start it now! Will have to try some online with everyone soon...

I'm never going to complete GTA 4 I keep putting it off as other games pop up...

Can't wait for alot of the PSN stuff actually..like Ratchet and Clank: Quest for booty! The new PAIN level, Eden, Siren etc..

Then we got a great xmas line-up! :D

Resistance on PSP looks really good as well!

Can't wait for alot of the PSN stuff actually..like Ratchet and Clank: Quest for booty! The new PAIN level, Eden, Siren etc..

Then we got a great xmas line-up! :D

Resistance on PSP looks really good as well!

agree with all of that. Siren is awesome played the demo from USA store.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!