Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

Ah I thought it had 64MB internal memory, is that for firmware etc...

Do you never play on it cos theres nothing to play or simply not enough time?

Think so, it wouldn't let me save any games unless i put a memory card in...

Bit of both i think. Like i said it was an impulse buy so i never looked into it 2 much and i do have the 3 home consoles so my time is taken up playing on one of them 3.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT! PERSONA 4 THIS DECEMBER!!!! I JUST SPUNKED SOOOOOOO HAAAAAAARDDDDDDDDD! That's just become my most wanted game of the year!

So erm.... You are looking forward to this game then?

EDIT: Sorry for the sarcasm, i just couldn't help myself...

Firmware 2.41 out on wednesday apparently.

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=192333

The huge in-game XMB PS3 update that was pulled from PSN last week following technical issues will be re-released for download by Wednesday, CVG has been told.

According to customer support, firmware version 2.41, which should be clear of all errors, will out "midweek", although Sony is yet to make an official announcement to confirm that.

In case you missed it, Sony last week was forced to pull the hotly anticipated update after widespread reports of it breaking PS3 consoles.

The firmware is available to download from various website on the internet, but to be on the safe side you'd be best to wait for the update from Sony.

Hmm maybe they actually got it right this time? glad I didn't rush to download the 2.40 when it was "released" anyway hopefully this one is error free for all, 'cos the features really do sound like they elevate the experience to something thats at least equal to the 360 setup. :smile:

Think so, it wouldn't let me save any games unless i put a memory card in...

Bit of both i think. Like i said it was an impulse buy so i never looked into it 2 much and i do have the 3 home consoles so my time is taken up playing on one of them 3.

Anyone have the answer to this?

Hmm maybe they actually got it right this time? glad I didn't rush to download the 2.40 when it was "released" anyway hopefully this one is error free for all, cso the features really do sound like the elevate the experience to something thats at least equal to the 360 setup. :smile:

It's still not as good as the 360 in terms of online and stuff like that, but its certainly acceptable. Access to your friends and messages in game was the main thing that was needed.

It's still not as good as the 360 in terms of online and stuff like that, but its certainly acceptable. Access to your friends and messages in game was the main thing that was needed.

Yeah those kinda things were really needed. The other stuff such as cross game invites are nice things to have but a quick message saying for example "MGO?" does exactly the same thing.

PS3 vid problemo.

Right, I got some Anime episodes online and they are encoded in DivX3 format...the PS3 won't play this format so I tried using the PS3 9 video convertor that's available online. Yet converting these 1hr episodes into PS3 format (480p) makes about 5-6gb (some are 9gb!). WTF?!

Anyone got any better tips of how to convert video? I've tried various formats yet MP4 wont play after being converted from DivX3 format. So nothing seems to work. Looked online and at the PS3 manual but it seems like anything originally in DivX3 won't do anything. Even when converted?!

Anyone?

I have £10 in my wallet and I'm wandering what to get, Snakeball or Stardust...

I know most of you will say stardust but im not sure.

Edit: got Snakeball, but I can still afford Stardust main game.

I have £10 in my wallet and I'm wandering what to get, Snakeball or Stardust...

I know most of you will say stardust but im not sure.

Edit: got Snakeball, but I can still afford Stardust main game.

Not played either so i can't comment, although alot of ppl on here do seem to love stardust...

Guest Jordan

Daft, once the pack is out i'll be buying it. Add me and we'll get the trophy. I'm pretty good at Stardust and twin stick shooters in general.

Siren PS3 looks excellent..i'll be buying the full-game if it's released on July 24th..shame it's not a blu-ray release really..could have been...:)

Theres a new PAIN level just been revealed..it's set in a amusement park and looks very good..more details will be released at E3.

Daft, once the pack is out i'll be buying it. Add me and we'll get the trophy. I'm pretty good at Stardust and twin stick shooters in general.

It's a split screen trophy I'm afraid... and you're already on my friends list. :wink:

I don't think there is any online co-op in SSHD, which is lame.

Theres a new PAIN level just been revealed..it's set in a amusement park and looks very good..more details will be released at E3.

Linkage!? Do they say anything about trophies for PAIN?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!