NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Yeah Home is coming along nicely. Will check out the new stuff.

Resistance area wasn't that great in my view, didn't have many hints that it was a Resistance place - none of the cars, scenery or chimera in sight. The game was OK.

Didn't see the game launching in it, not that I'm bothered. Or do you need the disc in to be able to see the function?

They need more "game" areas in Home too. Can never get a bloody pool table or find anyone with manners. Managed to get on the EA race one late at night but it's still a question of being lucky or playing reeeealy late on.

Still, thought we would have seen more developers get on the Home train. There's no reason we shouldn't have had the Uncharted space as well as some others. EA's space is nice and, for the most part, I like the design of each area. The Red Bull plane area needs major updating though with more competitions on.

Still, when appliances arrive in home I'll be delighted with it. That and those 3D trophies they were banging on about ages ago. Tbh E3 presents the perfect time for more info of where Home is heading and how it is doing in general.

Never thought I'd get addicted to this but certainly have. It's the potential factor too. Very clever stuff Sony...Now just put more 'things' on there please...

I'd love a LBP area made of plush items/cardboard etc...Surprised that hasn't had an area considering it's a major DLC player for the PS3.

I think they need more interactive stuff, more things to read about and information. Just little things where you can get involved.

And yeah I'm surprised there isn't more stuff to get involved in, I mean it's great plugging for the developers and their games.

It did take an awful long time for them to release that relatively poor Resistance space though. Hard to program perhaps?

We are supposed to be getting more spaces in the future. Need to check out the new ones.

We are supposed to be getting more spaces in the future. Need to check out the new ones.

Yeah didn't they recently give a number as to how many we expect every month, can't remember the figure they gave.

DNS errors back again, Wont let me log into PSN. Any new suggestions?

This is really starting to piss me off now coz everythin else is working!!!!!

UPDATE:

Ignore this post now. I seem to have got it working again this morning. I realised how to manually set my DNS to what Choze posted a few pages back. (thanks again choze)

Annoying.

Edited by Mike1988uk
Automerged Doublepost

DNS errors back again, Wont let me log into PSN. Any new suggestions?

This is really starting to piss me off now coz everythin else is working!!!!!

UPDATE:

Ignore this post now. I seem to have got it working again this morning. I realised how to manually set my DNS to what Choze posted a few pages back. (thanks again choze)

Annoying.

I feel for you, I had that rut of connection problems when Killzone 2 came out and it is such a ball ache.

I feel for you, I had that rut of connection problems when Killzone 2 came out and it is such a ball ache.

Yeah i can remember that! Not good. Hopefully it will stop doing it to me now! <fingers crossed>

Yeah i can remember that! Not good. Hopefully it will stop doing it to me now! <fingers crossed>

Yeah with any luck it will mate! mine hasn't played up for a while now..

I PMd 5 people over on the official Eu PS forums in order to entice them to this forum so we can hopefully get a bit more discussion/games going cause let's face it this board is pretty dire most of the time.

I PMd 5 people over on the official Eu PS forums in order to entice them to this forum so we can hopefully get a bit more discussion/games going cause let's face it this board is pretty dire most of the time.

Think the reason its dire at the min m8 its because theres no games to talk about.

Think it will pick up soon tho with E3 and games coming out.

Well 2 people said they'd check the site out so that's good. They both seemed of reasonable intelligence so I hope they join!

What day and time (GMT) is their conference? Miss the Nintendo for the first time in years due to work, hope I don't miss Sony!

What day and time (GMT) is their conference? Miss the Nintendo for the first time in years due to work, hope I don't miss Sony!

Sony and Nintendo have their conferences on 2nd June. I think the Nintendo one is first and will be on about 3-4pm and then Sonys will be a couple of hours later.

bugger still miss it...might have to try and have a cheeky skive in the office and pretend im working.

I hope Gamespot will be streaming the Sony conference again.

Yeah that's where I wateched it last year they were best for the coverage.

Excellent. Enough time to recover from the insanely massive night before.

I want Sony to stream this in Home!!

Excellent. Enough time to recover from the insanely massive night before.

I want Sony to stream this in Home!!

They should do shouldn't they.

It might happen, the new E3 space has a massive screen and a massive viewing area.

An optimistic guess would be that they'll stream it and then they'll open the three closed of areas, the one mahuuusive door hidden round the back, the secret garden one and the Playstation one. It would be amazing if they released demos that were playable at the show.

I'd be happy if they just streamed the bloody thing though. :heh:

It might happen, the new E3 space has a massive screen and a massive viewing area.

An optimistic guess would be that they'll stream it and then they'll open the three closed of areas, the one mahuuusive door hidden round the back, the secret garden one and the Playstation one. It would be amazing if they released demos that were playable at the show.

I'd be happy if they just streamed the bloody thing though. :heh:

Yeah lets see if Sony can walk before they run.

Yeah if they streamed it on Home that would be epic. Would be cool to chat to others during it.

That would even top their LBP sales figures thing.

The Bonus Round checks out what Sony has to offer at this years E3.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/bonusround/304?ch=3&sd=1

Im personally looking forward to Sonys showing, they always put on a great show at E3 and were miles ahead of everyone else last year.

The actual show is good due to Sony's strength in variety. Not sure about the press conference alone... Last year they out up the whole press conference in HD on PSN. Tons of other vids and stuff too. So make sure you have your US PSN ready.

Press conference wise it seems like MS are really hyping it up as game changing. Sony are using generic statements instead. Nintendo promising huge things for the hardcore.