NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Hope the movie does well. They have free reign over the next movie if it happens.

So far, the movie has earned more than the entire run of the last movie, and that was a week ago. Not saying much though as the last film, Nemesis, was terrible from what i have heard. Did not even bother to see it.

What did the PS3 update do? All I've noticed is on the XMB there is now a turn-off icon.

Edit: apparently it has improved playback on a few games. WOOP! That's going to make such a difference!

Edited by dwarf

Those of you with US accounts might want to log in to them and check out the Store: Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic is free to download as part of an American promotional deal. It costs £7.99 on the EU Store.

Because Kojima new game topic is locked!

mgs_clouds.jpg

Site is online!

I'm actually hoping it's a PS3 exclusive because (is this widely accepted or am I being dada?) exclusive PS3 games just look the best.

Those of you with US accounts might want to log in to them and check out the Store: Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic is free to download as part of an American promotional deal. It costs £7.99 on the EU Store.

Awesome!! Cheers! I was thinking about getting it when it first came out but decided against it because of the lack of online.

I think free is a pretty good price. :heh:

That's awesome, Choze will be pissed off. Oops that sounded like I was glad that he had lost out... Maybe I was? Nah just kidding but not really!

I never bother getting involved with those Kojima hints.

GO download Ragdoll Kungfu. Its a limited offer.

Its pretty good. Presentation is really nice. Shame the controls are overly fiddly. But with fun offline play and if you are getting it free i wouldnt complain! :) One of the better funny offline multiplayer games.

Played Ragdoll Kung Fu for a bit now and to be honest glad I didn't pay for it, its decent enough but worth the price.

EDIT

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174223

PS3 slim now with evidence of factory pics...personally think it looks awful... and am not convinced its true.

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

Played Ragdoll Kung Fu for a bit now and to be honest glad I didn't pay for it, its decent enough but worth the price.

EDIT

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3174223

PS3 slim now with evidence of factory pics...personally think it looks awful... and am not convinced its true.

On the other hand this could be exciting.

Well in the pink factory pic they have a normal PS3. Not sure what that pic has to do with anything.

Another pic has packaging. I thought packaging was handled by each SCE region not at the contracted factories...

Seems like a chinese fake. But you never know. Sony have history of going small. But fakes are pretty common pree3

Sony wont redesign it for a couple years. There is no need to. They'll save it for when they need to rebrand it slightly, say when they hit a sub £200 price point or sommit.

Could someone please tell me what the difference between the PSP Slim and Lite and the PSP 3000 is?

I saw that slim PS3 thing yesterday and didnt bother to comment because really, it looks so damn ugly, it would be more of an embarrasment to the PS3 brand than anything else. Would you seriously want that thing anywhere near your sleek HDTV? I know i wouldn't. So I call bullshit

^ Yeah exactly same as you Deathjamm, there was no point in commenting it's that bad!

Put the two halves together, its not exactly slim.

Having said that it oculd just as easily be a chinese fake. There are loads in Asia.

Could someone please tell me what the difference between the PSP Slim and Lite and the PSP 3000 is?

The latter has a built in microphone, a slightly more rounded body so it doesn't dig into your hands so much, and a (generally) better, brighter screen with anti-glare coating. It should be noted that the 3000's display can cause ghosting in certain games, though, especially those that are heavy on 2D sprites.

In other words the differences are pretty negligible.

"In comparison to the Slim and Lite, the PSP-3000 has an improved LCD screen with an increased color range, five times the contrast ratio, half the pixel response time to reduce ghosting and blurring effects, a new sub-pixel structure, a microphone, a new disk tray design, new button designs and logos, and anti-reflective technology to improve outdoor playability."

Sony on interlacing: "On some occasions, scan lines may appear on scenes where brightness changes drastically, due to the hardware features of the new LCD device on PSP-3000. Installed with this new LCD device, PSP-3000 offers more natural and vibrant colors on its screen, but the scan lines have come out to be more visible as a result of improving response time to alleviate the afterimages on PSP-3000. Since this is due to hardware specification, there are no plans for a system software update concerning this issue."

Go for the PSP 3000 if possible basically.

LoveFilm sent me Matt Hazard; Eat Lead. One of the trophies, a SILVER trophy is watch the credits all the way through.... the credits are an option on the main menu.

There is also a bronze for pausing for the first time. It's hysterical. :heh:

Edit: Ha! There's a trophy for starting the game!

Edit 2: This is awesome. Matt Hazard is commenting on the controls.

Edited by Daft

Hmmm?

Anyway I played Ragdoll for about 15 mins and it was pretty good. Kind of like a poor mans smash bros but with a few cooler things too.

Scratch that it's a good game in it's own right! The challenges are brilliant and it's bloody deep! I really like it! There are loads of moves, it has great motion control use and is really deep. I may have bought it if I knew it was this good!

Edited by dwarf

Ah, well, that's sorted. It'll be new DLC for MGS4. Two chapters with Raiden.

Look forward to it. I dig Raiden.

That's an order. With a side dish of trophies.

I like that idea, I'd buy it.

Was that a joke or do you have a reason for those guesses?

Was that a joke or do you have a reason for those guesses?

I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :hehe: