NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

How do you search for the game?

Search for passworded games in search. Select Password only.

Oh and next time acknowledge my awesome puns! :wink: ok it wasn't that good

Yeah sure come along We'll show everyone :p

Shame about your disconnection last night. Was a good game. Some idiot messed up our team by putting both spawn points the opposite side of the map in your side's sewer... :nono: We didnt have a chance after that. Sabotage me thinks! :p

Edited by Choze

Hehe, that win would have granted me something in the region of 350 points if I carried on, oh well.

Finally got MGS4 and sat and couldn't stop playing...finished it in 2 days and I can honestly say it's been eons since I last did that. The plot was head-smashing in parts but the gameplay was just brilliant. Loved every second of it. And I wasn't even a fan of the old ones (apart from GBC game.)

Also picked up oblivion on the cheap. Done some missions but looks kinda repetitive. Need to get into it more no doubt as I've heard it's epic and not at all repetitive.

I've also got KZ2 sat with some stoopid level being too hard. I thought I'd love KZ2 but I got pissed at the lack of co-op/local multiplayer. Just screams lazy when I think of all those N64 games which had split screen and were (at the time) on the cusp of cutting edge graphics. Still...It's had some moments of greatness in the single player mode. Don't think I'm ever gonna truly get into FPS's again...

Still...Got Resi 5 to play now and not even been bothered to open that up. Only gonna play it local co-op when mate comes round. Demo didn't really impress me with the stop-start shooting mechanic seemingly being past-it now :-/. Hope it is a good exp. though.

Also need to upgrade my HDD in my Stoppid 40Gb PS3. Curse you Sony!!! Did I not pay enough!!!!

/rant

Still...well worth it for MGS4 - One of my fav games in recent years. (Up there with Uncharted which is still A SOLE reason to get a PS3.)

I don't think Uncharted was a sole reason to get a PS3, the second could well be though. And yeah MGS4 is brilliant.

Fallout 3 is better than Oblivion I think. The whole atmosphere is unmatched and the thing is just fantastic.

I need to upgrade as well but I don't want to have to reinstall all the game updates and firmware shizzle.

I don't think you have to reinstall firmware updates. Or they are at least transferred when you install the your backup.

Anyone seen the new FF Versus XIII trailer? FFXIII has never really interested me, looks totally 'meh' (I'm sure I'll get caught in the hype and buy it though) but Versus just looks awesome! Love the suits and generally the whole emo look.

I just don't like anime. Want to join the craze but for me it doesn't cut it. I don't mind cartoony styles it's just that I can't believe that the characters are actually human, it all just seems like a bit of a freak show.

Bar the video being flipped it just looks cool. I get what you mean. Never played a FF game that hasn't bored me to tears, slightly biased there :heh: , but this just looks kind of cool. Not too sure why this one has perked my interest. The style seems a lot more settled than XIII, if that makes sense...which it probably doesn't.

Frimware is always one off. Backup data will include everything. Including timestamps, where you left etc. Its a perfect snapshot.

Finally got MGS4 and sat and couldn't stop playing...finished it in 2 days and I can honestly say it's been eons since I last did that. The plot was head-smashing in parts but the gameplay was just brilliant. Loved every second of it. And I wasn't even a fan of the old ones (apart from GBC game.)

Also picked up oblivion on the cheap. Done some missions but looks kinda repetitive. Need to get into it more no doubt as I've heard it's epic and not at all repetitive.

Yeah MGS4 is great. Oblivions i good too just dont have the time. Need to finish Wow. I hated the trekking and lack of very different scenery.

I've also got KZ2 sat with some stoopid level being too hard. I thought I'd love KZ2 but I got pissed at the lack of co-op/local multiplayer. Just screams lazy when I think of all those N64 games which had split screen and were (at the time) on the cusp of cutting edge graphics. Still...It's had some moments of greatness in the single player mode. Don't think I'm ever gonna truly get into FPS's again...

You can change difficulty level anytime. Make sure you use cover system. Yes lack of splitscreen and coop is naughty, although the biggest selling fps this gen doesnt do them either! I recommend joining us online. Its still easily the best overall fps i enjoyed the past couple of years.

Still...Got Resi 5 to play now and not even been bothered to open that up. Only gonna play it local co-op when mate comes round. Demo didn't really impress me with the stop-start shooting mechanic seemingly being past-it now :-/. Hope it is a good exp. though.

Its great. Play it! Now!

Also need to upgrade my HDD in my Stoppid 40Gb PS3. Curse you Sony!!! Did I not pay enough!!!!

/rant

Still...well worth it for MGS4 - One of my fav games in recent years. (Up there with Uncharted which is still A SOLE reason to get a PS3.)

To be fair they sell the PS3 at a loss, so no you didnt pay enough :heh:

Edited by Choze

R-Type Delta is coming to PSN. : peace:

NOOOOOOOOOO! I need to stop spending!

R-Type Delta is coming to PSN. : peace:

I'm praying the bring Raiden out. LOVE that game. To death.

My tv broke again. Stupid Samsung. :(

Ok TV sent off. Made some temporary arrangements. :)

My tv broke again. Stupid Samsung. :(

Ok TV sent off. Made some temporary arrangements. :)

Must admit, two of my Samsung LCD's have broke..kinda worries me..cause my big 1080p one is also Samsung! They are great LCD's though!

My Samsung LCD has slight lines down the tv where the picture looks slighty lighter. You can only notice it when a large area of the screen is all the same colour though.

Well my Samsung has been declared broken. They are offering my money back :) Good riddance to Samsung.

Wondering what to replace it with. Leaning towards Panasonic this time. Dont know much about the Sony's but i wonder how they compare to top plasma?

Last thing we would like to leave you off with is…

We all know E3 is GOing to be filled with HEAVY announcements, potentially COLOSSAL even if we’re lucky. Don’t let all the MASSIVE amounts of rumors RAIN on your parade. It’s a great TIME to be living the PlayStation LifeStyle, so TUNE in as we bring all the news, LITTLE and BIG to you as things are set in MOTION every step of the way.

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/04/21/the-real-deal-on-the-next-psp/

I've posted the rest of this article (about a PSP redesign) in that PSP thread but I though I should put this here as well. E3 teasers.

GO = ??

HEAVY = Heavy rain

COLOSSAL = Shadow of the Colossus

MASSIVE = MAG

RAIN = Heavy Rain

TIME = R&C: ACIT

TUNE = ??

LITTLE BIG = LBP PSP

MOTION = ??

Edited by Daft

Motion implies it will have tilt sensors/accelorometers or something of that nature. Thing is why should we trust that source or image?

Well the image is just a mock up. I don't think they've seen it.

Apparently the motion thing has nothing to do with motion controls.

It's a rumour but from what I can tell this site has a good record with sources.

I dont expect much. Sony arent good at e3. Well the flash side of it.

I expect big things from MS or Nintendo though. Zune is rumoured to also turn into a game player. They are using some hefty parts from good companies but the 3d still needs work compared to PSP but maybe thats where they will suprise?

Sony rocked at E3 last year.

Microsoft would have been good but everything got leaked the week before.

And Nintendo...they've been good for a laugh recently.

I remember the Revolution announcement at E3 being brilliant, I was excited at that time and hadn't considered going back to Sony or changing completely to Microsoft.

But they didn't actually show anything did they?

They showed the controller at TGS. How many years ago was that now?...actually, don't tell me. I'll feel old.

I remember the Revolution announcement at E3 being brilliant, I was excited at that time and hadn't considered going back to Sony or changing completely to Microsoft.

Well the revolution announcement was nonsense for me. I was fed up of Nintendo with the Wii and the language they still use simply does not work on me. The word innovation has never been abused so much before to sell marked up crap. The Wii ended up being a success but hardcore gamers launched the machine essentially. Without them it wouldnt be where it is today. Nice innovative hardware idea to sell awful junk games with low specs(GC clocked slightly higher).

I liked Sony's that e3 because i loved the idea of a high end no compromise system. It was also a complete bargain. But people arent used to that type of bargain in todays society.

Much like how people buy Samsungs and LG which are actually all overpriced garbage. My 'high end' Samsung cant even keep up with a low end Panasonic(£1000 price 'difference'). But Samsung have an even more awful model to counteract the lower end Panasonic. Even i got fooled due to spend abit go for the larger screen size thing if its a Samsung.

Edited by Choze

for tellevisions, panasonic viera is the way to go. its not TOO expensive and the picture is unbeatable.

sony are actualy ok for tvs aswell.

my personal telly is a cjv (or somthing like that) and is bassicly an "outher" brand. its pretty good for what it cost, but picture quality is far from perfect, but not horrible either