NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Snipers/Scouts are easy. They are only good on long range slow targets. Running or zig zag movement makes tracking much harder. Dont stand infront of them ever. Avoid slow movement in huge open areas. Use spot and mark if you unlocked it.

The Saboteur rifle is underused but expect it to increase. Its lethal. I might try it in the clan matches.

Excluding some games I'd put the order of shooters from most tactical to least tactical like this:

Socom>Cod>KZ2>Resistance 2>Unreal

I dont remotely agree with that. Maybe in presentation but certainly not gameplay.

edit: Unreal fans will take offense to that. Interms of high level depth KZ2 will have the most due to its class system. I dont think our clan should get that bogged down. I have the strategy guide and its the size of an encyclodpedia for the online tactics. The success of these games is due to the fact that they cater all round.

I'll be back soon. Having late food...

Edited by Choze

So I finished GTA under the 30 hour mark, so got the trophy for that. Now to try and work my way through the rest of them :(

Anyone fancy helping out with the multiplayer ones?

I would if i had the game :blank:

I dont remotely agree with that. Maybe in presentation but certainly not gameplay.

Explain.

i got guests round and they are playing LBP. Did some Killzone as well since they wanted to check it out. But lack of splitscreen is a bummer.

Sorry about the Kz2 stuff. Try and arrange some stuff in tournaments or just play normal matches. I cant quite take part till they leave which is looking very late! I will be on though even if very late. Just because i feel like checking out new tactics on Saboteur with the long range gun.

Edited by Choze

The long range gun is only useful in certain games. Takes 2 shots to kill people and I don't think it is actually that accurate.

It is the most satisfying gun to kill with though, along with magnum.

Ok practised a little more with it and thought it was an average weapon. Best used without scope when you are kneeling down still, pin point accuracy without iron sights.

I'd still rather a normal assault rifle though.

New Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion screens at 1up.com

media?id=3678870&type=lg

media?id=3678873&type=lg

Edited by dwarf

The normal one is best for close to medium range. The rifle for medium to long. It can be handy on some maps alot. Its another option basically. On Visari Hammer i snipe alot with it.

That's the map I was using it on, still did Ok but I'd rather use a different gun. It's the fact you have to shoot people twice and if they are a moving target it isn't easy at all.

The normal one is best for close to medium range. The rifle for medium to long. It can be handy on some maps alot. Its another option basically. On Visari Hammer i snipe alot with it.

Screw long range. Visari hammer is one of my fave maps, and one of the best for getting close while using cover. Get up close and with the shotgun, you will have no worries. The got some distance? Pull out the magnum while you are next to a turret. Engineer class should never be banned :mad:

It should because spammers like you get tedious! Shotgun is almost too powerful and turrets are piss-annoying. Because they are effective.

It should because spammers like you get tedious! Shotgun is almost too powerful and turrets are piss-annoying. Because they are effective.

Shotguns are absolutely fine. Turrets are somewhat annoying in very small games because 4 of them do alot of damage. Which is why Engineers sometimes get cut out. You will notice shotgun itself is rarely ever banned.

I noticed in alot fo games, clans time thier respawns so they can rush us.

LOL you have no idea how difficult it can be to use the shotgun. 1-1, often if you miss that first shot, you are dead. Multiple opponents, odds on you will die. Obviously, most of the time this is the case with most weapons in KZ but having to wait again before you can shoot is very annoying, but as you chose to use it in the first place, you must understand the advantages and disadvantages. If you dont believe that I am good with the shotgun, then take a look at my stats.

I use the shotgun in almost every shooter I play, even counterstrike (and that wasn't even the auto shotgun either) although in that game I could use almost any weapon. With that said, I dunno how people can complain about the shotgun really.

I also worked pretty damn hard to unlock the magnum just so I had a worthy alternative for when I needed to make shots at long range. So trust me when I say I am not a typical spammer as I take that remark to be quite offensive and small minded.

EDIT: Heh, almost forgot. Remember when people were complaining about how weak turrets are? They have not changed but the players have in the way they have positioned them, and now people are complaining about how effective they are. Gamers are a fickle bunch huh.

Edited by Deathjam

Wow I was going to put a smiley face there but didn't deem it necessary. I've used the shotgun a lot and I get loads of kills for it but it does seem cheap, I don't use it myself because I know how annoying it is to get killed by it.

Wow I was going to put a smiley face there but didn't deem it necessary. I've used the shotgun a lot and I get loads of kills for it but it does seem cheap, I don't use it myself because I know how annoying it is to get killed by it.

Ok, but its not cheap in imo as you need fairly fast reactions to use it, probably what you have and why you get kills for it. Also a good aim is necessary as aiming at legs will not get you a kill. That and good tactics as you need to close distance to make it worthwhile.

There's no way the shotgun is cheap..I usually use it in shooter but havn't done much in this, started it again today and I think its short range and you need to have you wits about you when swinging round corners to get your shots in otherwise you find yourself getting filled with bullets.

PS Isn't this the playstation thread?! :P

I hardly die by shotguns. No complaints here. I am happy i am a good all rounder.

I love using melee also. Just two hits.

EDIT: Heh, almost forgot. Remember when people were complaining about how weak turrets are? They have not changed but the players have in the way they have positioned them, and now people are complaining about how effective they are. Gamers are a fickle bunch huh.

Told you all. In the beta they had to be toned down twice.

Even in the clan match i got quite afew air support kills. They are lethal if they arent addressed.

I'm just watching the Star Wars Clone Wars film (god knows why its largely been awful so far)

I hardly die by shotguns. No complaints here. I am happy i am a good all rounder.

I love using melee also. Just two hits.

Told you all. In the beta they had to be toned down twice.

Even in the clan match i got quite afew air support kills. They are lethal if they arent addressed.

Yup you really told me. Air support I still struggle with.

Seeing as you are all posting why don't you pop online?

In the mood for a bit of pc gaming at the same time as watching something on film4 so Ps3 needs it's rest time atm.

Sure.

Here are HD vids for KZ2 Steel and Titanium map pack:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47890.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47888.html

looks great. The train stage is going to be funny day 1. Great idea. :)

Yup you really told me. Air support I still struggle with.

In the mood for a bit of pc gaming at the same time as watching something on film4 so Ps3 needs it's rest time atm.

Alot of people struggle with air support since its 5 kills per match. Its easiest on Blood Gracht, Visari Hammer and Corinth Crossing. Play long games.

I may try out more Aion. We should meet up.

Sure.

Here are HD vids for KZ2 Steel and Titanium map pack:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47890.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47888.html

looks great. The train stage is going to be funny day 1. Great idea. :)

Alot of people struggle with air support since its 5 kills per match. Its easiest on Blood Gracht, Visari Hammer and Corinth Crossing. Play long games.

I may try out more Aion. We should meet up.

Im on it now after taking me half the day just to get in without it hanging.

Im on it now after taking me half the day just to get in without it hanging.

I am downloading a new patch. Taking ages...

This beta seems like quite a success. I ams cared of spending too mucht iem though. Want it to feel fresh. I am a ranger right now. Hope the class is good. I seem to like ranged classes. Hopefully pets are nice.

edit: i am in.

Edited by Choze

I am downloading a new patch. Taking ages...

This beta seems like quite a success. I ams cared of spending too mucht iem though. Want it to feel fresh. I am a ranger right now. Hope the class is good. I seem to like ranged classes. Hopefully pets are nice.

edit: i am in.

How the hell?! im still level 8 after spending quite a few hrs on this. Damn...

How the hell?! im still level 8 after spending quite a few hrs on this. Damn...

Yes its slow. I am level 5 nearly... Spent an hour on level 4. level 10 is when you can fly and go lots of places.

Whats your user? This should be in pc discussion lol.

lol yeah, character name is Gea. Have you changed class cos you said you were a ranger?

lol yeah, character name is Gea. Have you changed class cos you said you were a ranger?

Yep i am a ranger. I'll add you.