NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Sony's TV recently have gotten so much better. I have a Panasonic Viera and as Chris said, t'is pretty damn good looking.

Yeah the Viera is great. My predicament is that my warranty is with Currys and they have offered a full refund of over £1600. However the letter they gave says i have 28 days to spend the value of the previous tv on a new one. At a specific store only.

The problem is the 50" they have in stock are below £1000 and they are closing down on Monday for 6 weeks of refurbishment. No new stock hence no good Panasonics, Sony's or anything. Will have to contact the customer services to sort this out as its unfair and obviously not 28 days as i am locked to that store.

Demon's Souls Import Review

9/10 - I wasn't expecting that although I didn't really know much about the game. I'm quite excited now.

Demon's Souls is a brutal, bleak action combat RPG that pits your lone character against a universe full of violent demons. They range from former human soldiers to agile, double scimitar-wielding skeletons, pouncing flame-creatures, octopus-headed guards, embryonic plague-carrying monstrosities, even Death himself. The game's five worlds - all massive - are split into four different sections, each guarded by a horribly large and hardcore boss monster. Everything in the entire world is designed to kill you, quickly and often without warning.

Sounds epic!

It is one of the most difficult modern videogames in existence, refusing to make even the slightest concession to your happiness or mental well-being. For this reason, developing a devotion to Demon's Souls has been the gaming equivalent of falling in love with an emotionally stunted, occasionally violent sociopath.

Actually it sounds epically painful. :heh: But fun...kind of.

Edited by Daft

Wow that looks great, remember reading about it and not being that optimistic, nice exclusive.

I played Fallout earlier and managed to level up a bit from doing a couple quests I did before but didn't get trophies for, but this time I blew up Megaton after managing to pick the sheriffs lock in order to get the bobblehead, may try to collect all 20. It's such an awesome game, I forgot how retro/creepy/atmospheric it can be.

I also took an epic* journey up to the attic to get my PS2 down because my friend has let me borrow Tekken 5, haven't played one in ages. Had a bash with a friend and few things rival the awesome moments when you finish someone off with an awesome move. The cries of 'NO WAYYY!' and 'FUCK ME THAT WAS WHOOPASS!!!' are tear-inducing it's so funny. Street Fighter can suck my balls.

*After a visit to an attic and you get what you are looking for it always feels like quite an achievement. Probably not epic though.

Yeah I read the Eurogamer review earlier today and have to say it piqued my interest somewhat. Saw it around loads on Joystiq a while back, and never really looked into, but after reading that seems like something I could really get into. The visuals look pretty beautiful too.

A fair few people on another forum I frequent have been extolling the virtues of Demon's Souls for a while. I particularly like the online functionality — being able to leave messages to help other players out is a great idea, especially as you get bonuses if people rate your comments highly — although at the moment I'm holding out for a European release; the game's out of stock most places and is going for around £60 on eBay.

They'll release it over here. The timing of this review after the Sony thing recently is begging it.

It just sounds painfully fun.

They'll release it over here. The timing of this review after the Sony thing recently is begging it.

It just sounds painfully fun.

I'm hopeful, but then we haven't heard a peep about Afrika/Hakuna Matata or Aquanaut's Holiday, both of which have fully English Asian versions available. Granted both of those are niche titles, but Demon's Souls isn't exactly Call of Duty either.

On the upside this Kotaku post gives a promising hint:

But I don't think anyone attending the event walked away disappointed. I'll definitely be interested to see how PlayStation fans react to next week's previews, which also include hands-on impressions of Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, Fat Princess and a couple of titles that might not yet have been officially announced for a Western release.

Sony aren't bringing Afrika out here.

Fingers crossed, for this.

Yeah Afirka is different. Demon Souls sounds insane. Odd its selling outits tiny shipments in Japan.

*After a visit to an attic and you get what you are looking for it always feels like quite an achievement. Probably not epic though.

Tekken 5DR is on sale PSN.

Yeah I'm waiting for 6 though, not getting both.

Long painful wait. I wonder if Soul Cailbur 5 will get announced at e3?

Long painful wait. I wonder if Soul Cailbur 5 will get announced at e3?

God I hope not. That series needs to be put down.

Soul Calibur 1 is spinning in its grave. And my Dreamcast.

Sony aren't bringing Afrika out here.

WHAAAAT?! I was looking forward to this :weep:

Import?

WHAAAAT?! I was looking forward to this :weep:

Import?

Wait till e3 to be sure. There were rumours it was going to be rebranded National Geographic for the US?

Well last time I was around the game Sony did not want to bring it over here. I don't know if another publisher will pick it up.

I doubt it tbh.

Nice! Year ot date is impressive. Reggie is going to be upset at e3 :p

Nice! Year ot date is impressive. Reggie is going to be upset at e3 :p

Reggie "I am upset for Japan sales :("

Reggie "I am upset for Japan sales :("

He wont admit it but the bitterness will show in interviews when the PS3 gets mentioned. :laughing:

On a serious note he will be presenting alot of new hardcore games this year.

I don't think many if any 'harcore' games will be unveiled. What they'll have this year is an announcement of a big first party game along with a couple of fairly traditional 3rd party efforts.

Going on my 6th sense. Does anyone want to do some online stuff tonight?

I don't think many if any 'harcore' games will be unveiled. What they'll have this year is an announcement of a big first party game along with a couple of fairly traditional 3rd party efforts.

Going on my 6th sense. Does anyone want to do some online stuff tonight?

Yeah sure. Havent been on PS3 lately.

I haven't really been on it as much lately, been doing a bit of Fallout but not much.

If only everyone played R2 here.

Why don't we have a bash on KZ and Worms tonight? Get in the online meetup thread.

Demon's Souls Import Review

9/10 - I wasn't expecting that although I didn't really know much about the game. I'm quite excited now.

Sounds epic!

Actually it sounds epically painful. :heh: But fun...kind of.

Ahh thanks for the heads-up! I forgot all about this game due to the lack of info but good to know theres an English version floating about