NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

Hmmm Disgaea is very good so far, but it kinda drops you in it and doesnt explain it very well.

Like the geo stuff. It explains it breifly in the tutorial then Etna says "Oh you dont understand it, its quite complicated" and they just leave it at that...WTF...Lol, how does that help! Can someone explain the "To" stuff and destroying the geo block things and combos?

And I went to item world, took like an hour but then I died and lost everything. Not quite sure where to go. Its good though! Itll be awesome when I know what Im doing.

Basically Geoblocks have stats that when placed on a colour panel on the floor, makes that colour panel be affected by the stat. If you destroy that panel while it's on the colour panel, those panels will explode and set off a chain reaction that goes around hitting everything that is on that colour panel.

Geopanel info http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/589678/25982

The game is hardcore though, but stick with it, it's very rewarding. The item world is best starting off with lower level items first, they still get a decent increase when you get the levels up. You can quit the item world every 10 levels unless you have a Mr. Gency(I think it is) item, then you can leave whenever.

The voice acting is amazing too! I wasnt expecting the general aura and humour of the game to be so good.

Oh yeah, it's fantastic, although Etna is done by the voice actress from Disgaea 2 (They couldn't get the original voice actress so used her again) but she still rocks!

If you like that then it's a shame you don't a PS2, or maybe you do? As Nippon Ichi have an awesome catalogue of Strategy RPGs on that system. Each one is fantastic and highly amusing. They are like the gods of comecial games! I love Nippon Ichi! Can't wait for Disgaea 3 on PS3 :D

Disgaea 3 on PS3 :D

Ooooh, sweet. Ill get one soon (ish) Whens it due out?

I dont have a PS2. The voice sounds a bit like Rukya from Bleach.

Indeed she is, it's the same voice actress! :D

Disgaea 3 comes out in Japan at the end of January, so my guess from track record of things that it will hit USA in August, remember PS3 is region free so import that baby when it hits the USA market! :D

I'm sort of annoyed, I'm bored of my ps3 already and I only got it a week ago :S. Uncharted is good and all, but too short. I want a nice lengthy RPG, but the Folklore demo wasn't quite cutting it either.

Guess I'll have to wait for FFXIII ¬¬

I'm sort of annoyed, I'm bored of my ps3 already and I only got it a week ago :S. Uncharted is good and all, but too short. I want a nice lengthy RPG, but the Folklore demo wasn't quite cutting it either.

Guess I'll have to wait for FFXIII ¬¬

I'm sort of in the same boat, as in it was overhyped a bit, with the whole Next-Gen being better than Wii etc...

But I do like it for what it is.

Btw what do I have to do to gen into any N-Europe Resistance Tournaments around here?

Should get one on Friday. I've got the money so now I just hope they don't have better deals. I think I've got enough for the £350 deal, or maybe a little over.

What websites do you guys use for your PS3 news? I mean like, are there any good fan sites, like our beloved n-europe? Not the IGN's and GameSpot's.

Kotaku, Joystiq are my best sources for PS3 news.

Three Speech (the EU offical blog) is good for PSN updates.

So you only get an AV cable in the box.

More money I have to spend then..

Unless you live in Shetland. They you have to pay out of your anus for one.

£30 for a 2m HDMI cable!!