NEurope
McPhee

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

I don't work for Square-Enix. I wish I did :(

I'm just a normal human like everyone else, just with a imported PS3 and Persona 4! :D

I played Buzz for the first time today and it's awesome! I had no interest in these quiz games before but they do seem pretty decent.

Just found a text bug in the credits of Resistance 2. Shoddy QA that is.

I don't work for Square-Enix. I wish I did :(

I'm just a normal human like everyone else, just with a imported PS3 and Persona 4! :D

Whoops wrong person. Still i am jealous.

I played Buzz for the first time today and it's awesome! I had no interest in these quiz games before but they do seem pretty decent.

It is brilliant :smile: IMO great Christmas game. Seems like this is the new VS multiplayer game in the house.

Its £35 for the special edition on Blockbuster.co.uk highly recommended.

Has anyone here ever had to replace a PS3 with a refurbished one? If so what condition was it in.

I ask because I will be getting a refurbished 60gb PS3 on New Years Eve and was just wandering what I should expect?

Mine came with a broken Blu Ray drive, wouldn't even take the disks in. So Sony sent me a brand new one.

Savage Moon is awesome.

Wish I had waited and got that instead of Crash Commandos...Still not really feeling it...thought I would enjoy it.

Wish I had waited and got that instead of Crash Commandos...Still not really feeling it...thought I would enjoy it.

I also got Shooter X Hamstrimmelhaugervondeutschneingedrinken (or whatever it's called). It's awesome although I've only done the first level.

I have a question: Did Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty come out here on Blu-Ray? I was under the impression that it was all set to go and then was cancelled at the last minute and released in pretty much every European country bar the UK? I ask because my brother seems to have bought me a copy from GAME today for xmas and I was quite shocked to see it.

Also got SIREN on BD today and it seems I'm pretty shit at it. I find it very disorientating with the sight-jacking thing on.

I have a question: Did Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty come out here on Blu-Ray? I was under the impression that it was all set to go and then was cancelled at the last minute and released in pretty much every European country bar the UK? I ask because my brother seems to have bought me a copy from GAME today for xmas and I was quite shocked to see it.

Also got SIREN on BD today and it seems I'm pretty shit at it. I find it very disorientating with the sight-jacking thing on.

It was due to hit in September not sure if it did as I never actually saw it...

I noticed the original Suikoden landed on PSN this week. I remember enjoying it but how does it hold up today? Worth the fiver?

My favourite year of videogaming ever - At the start I had the Wii where there was one stand out game - getting a Free Loader and Brawl was just magical - smug grin on my face when it worked and I felt so special - amazing! Showing my friends was really fun.

Then I sold it for the PS3 which really opened my eyes again. I sold at the perfect time because after it there was and still is a drought. I realised how much I was missing out on. INCREDIBLE games on PS3, spoilt for choice - MGS4, LBP, Res 2 and Fallout 3 stand outs. Uncharted also great. Online gaming blew me away.

All this has led me to thinking about my time spent on games.

My videogaming history is strange. Nintendo stuff: Gameboy, then really starting out with Mario 64 on the 64 which made playing games my favourite thing other than football, then playing Rayman on the PC. Then one xmas my Dad bought me and my sister PS2 which was the best surprise ever. Played many a good game on that and I forgot about Nintendo until I played on someone's Gamecube which reminded me of Mario so I got one. This turned me into a fanboy - for some reason I got it into my head that everything else was inferior. I played my favourite game of all time - Metroid Prime - and I thought it was so good I looked online to see if anyone else liked it as much as me. I was amazed to discover all of the game websites on the Internet and in the end I joined Cube-Europe lol. Been addicted to this forum ever since under different names.

After I heard news of the DS and I went mental, drove my parents mad and even alienated a few friends at school. Was enjoying that and then I pissed myself over the Wii (p-unintended) and after so long I broke out of the denial and realised I was slightly dissappointed with both consoles. I didn't have any secret allegiance to the company so I sold the DS and about a year later the Wii. Now I'm enjoying all of the aforementioned titles for the PS3.

(and that's a very brief history lol!)

I have enjoyed every console that I have owned but none moreso than my current machine. However it's sad thinking that I will never again experience something as special as the first time I played Mario 64 or the buzz I got from the first time I finished the space-station section of Metroid Prime. I know I will never experience anything that good again.

I believe that is largely, maybe even solely because of the news coverage I am now addicted to. Had I not seen videos for LBP or MGS4 I would certainly have enjoyed them so much more - but then again I may not have even discovered them.... Which would have been tragic - so this is why I'm thankful for playing Prime and being trapped in this Web of gaming and this forum. Yet I don't know if this was the best life-path for me - It's made me spend too much time on videogames and miss out on other essential things. I'm nowhere near an outcast though - I could be seen as an average Joe at school.

Too late for that now though.

Why do I feel so emotional about this right now?! Weird... :(

It's weird I kind of felt I needed to post all that, let some people know who I am and the sort of journey I went on. I rarely express myself on here.

I don't want to sound like a nob or detach myself from here but I am very much normal lol. Have great time with friends earlier and school is going great - I don't know why I just felt a tear roll down my cheek after rolling through that little post. (didn't literally cry)

I've loved all my consoles in one way or another except for my Wii. After Twilight Princess, which was not especially good, and Resi 4 which I loved to death I've packed it up until the next Zelda is released.

I was thinking the other day about how much I used to love Nintendo and the games when my only exposure was crappy screenshots in a mag. I remember how much fun I had shooting people in the headquarters through the wall in Perfect Dark with the farsight gun.

I remember how much fun I had shooting people in the headquarters through the wall in Perfect Dark with the farsight gun.

Ah good times. :)

I've loved all my consoles in one way or another except for my Wii. After Twilight Princess, which was not especially good, and Resi 4 which I loved to death I've packed it up until the next Zelda is released.

I was thinking the other day about how much I used to love Nintendo and the games when my only exposure was crappy screenshots in a mag. I remember how much fun I had shooting people in the headquarters through the wall in Perfect Dark with the farsight gun.

Like a lot of people, the Wii for me is more of a toy than a games console if that makes sense. I've only really played Mario Galaxy, and most of my experience with the console has been stuff like Boom Blox, Wii Sports, and the like. But I am glad the Wii is what it is, cos it's getting people into games. I'm no longer an ub3r nerd with my Gamecube playing Zelda, and Pikmin.

People are getting into gaming. My aunt got my cousin a Wii today, and they were amazed by it. By the controller, and all that jazz, but also the online (!!!!). I just wanted to shout 'NO IT'S TURD!!!!!' and point out how much better the Xbox online is and how cool this stuff could be if they only knew. But hopefully one day they will know, and these family games will just be the beginning. Hopefully there will be more games like Boom Blox and Buzz, and a few less like Carnival Games and the like, and people will better discover why it is that we like what we like.

i dont see why people are all sahing the wii is turd, or not a proper games console. granted, i feel let down by the direction nintendo are going, wii music is not a true game, dont get me wrong.

i got a ps3 because there was little of interest for me on the wii. i did think it was a let down, yet when playing, especialy with friends, im reminded of the pure fun factor, the joy of playing that first attracted me to games as a boy. some how, racing on mario kart with the wheel, looking like a twat is more fun then stealing a car on gta and going on a crazy rampage. i have no doubt gta is the better game, yet some how it isnt quiet as fun.