NEurope
gaggle64

The World Ends With You - Squeenix Fashion-Dance-JRPG!

Got this yesterday, and it's led to a complete appreciation of my DS. I am loving this game.

It's a crime it didn't do too great at the tills, but then again, I'm sort of glad that Squeenix won't milk this one to a bone.

I heartily encourage all DS owners looking for something a bit different to pick this up. It has the soul of an epic, fully customizable RPG, with the body of a totally modern, contemporary Japanese action game. If the day comes that RPGs are like today's FPS - milked, cliched and dull - then I hope the world looks upon this game to see which direction to go. It breathes new life into the genre, while retaining some level of accessibility. Must-buy.

I was engulfed by the sheer amount of options in the title and when it started to play on BOTH screens I totally lost all interest. I know everyone is loving it and it's definately refreshing but it had waaaaaay too much info thrown at me from the start. I gave up, returned it and now waiting for Soul Bubbles to come. Shame as I loved the DS FF games.

Yeah I got increasingly bored with this also.

Games that are made up of 2/3s talking/dialogue do my freaking head in.

Yeah I got increasingly bored with this also.

Games that are made up of 2/3s talking/dialogue do my freaking head in.

But the story is fucking awesome..

Should i get this game? i want an epic rpg really, how do you fight too?

Should i get this game? i want an epic rpg really, how do you fight too?

Bottom screen is a variety of touch screen countrols like strokes and dots, that often get confused for each other and top screen is like Dance Dance Revolution (kind of) using the D-Pad...at the same time....and if you dont use the top screen then its computer controlled for practically the same effects.

[/is it obvious I think the game is massively overrated?]

then suggest a great rpg to me

DISG...

thats not disgaea!

...Oh erm, errrrmmmmm. Hmmm. Played the Golden Suns? DS wise I actually cannot think of an RPG I enjoyed apart from FF3...which was quite fun and would be quite good with that nice strategy guide they've released.

OOoooh! Or Disgaea DS when it comes out...(Does that count, as I usually recommend Disgaea PSP)

Lol

I have both golden suns

AND FF3

and Disgaea psp =]

Recieved this for my Birthday. Certainly my favourite DS game thus far. I can understand how its complexity may baffle the n00b crowd, but if you're looking for something deep, there's nothing more innovative out there.

Revenant Wings on the DS is a brilliant, brilliant little game too. FF3 is OK, and Crystal Chronicles is a brilliantly polished, technology-pushing DS title(if a little repetitive.)

Revenant Wings on the DS is a brilliant, brilliant little game too. FF3 is OK, and Crystal Chronicles is a brilliantly polished, technology-pushing DS title(if a little repetitive.)

I have that too!

gah

I heartily encourage all DS owners looking for something a bit different to pick this up. It has the soul of an epic, fully customizable RPG, with the body of a totally modern, contemporary Japanese action game. If the day comes that RPGs are like today's FPS - milked, CLICHED and dull.

Too late.

From what i'm hearing, this game sounds brilliantly fresh and addictive. 'Shall put it on my 'to-buy' list.

Finished it. Fucking awesome game, I'm prepared to go to the length of saying its my favourite game of all time. The Music. The incredibly unique gameplay. The depth you can take it to if required. The Story. The art. I love this game with a passion.

Judging by what happend at the end and the new features unlocked, theres more to the ending. So I'm playing to the alternative ending to see what the fuck is up and what exactly Mr.H is. I'm guessing he is the conducter, whilst Joshua is the composer. LONG LIVE SHO MINAMIMOTO!

The Ace attorney games have got me distracted from this game, How many chapters are there OG? 2?

The Ace attorney games have got me distracted from this game, How many chapters are there OG? 2?

You mean like character chapters like you had Shiki then Joshua?

Theres 3 in all until the ending. But I have sneaky feeling after meeting a certain criteria there is a 4th chapter.

You mean like character chapters like you had Shiki then Joshua?

Theres 3 in all until the ending. But I have sneaky feeling after meeting a certain criteria there is a 4th chapter.

Interesting, I should be nearing halfway then.

Interesting, I should be nearing halfway then.

I well recommend getting it all out the way so the story remains fresh in your head, and go onto a different game once you complete the game.

You have an awesome taste in anime by the way XD

Does anywhere actually stock this game? I was in Gamestation and GAME on Tuesday and none of them had it in.

Why is it most reatilers never have new games in stock anyway. So silly.

Does anywhere actually stock this game? I was in Gamestation and GAME on Tuesday and none of them had it in.

Why is it most reatilers never have new games in stock anyway. So silly.

Very odd, I have seen it in my local Gamestation and Zavvi. But apparently only one or two were in stock in each shop, so it seems there wasnt a very big shipment.

Okay, so heres the thing.

I don't generally like RPG's, turn based battles annoy the crap outta me.

I don't like cliché storylines and most RPG's storys are so long winded its untrue with boring characters.

I also don't like fashion... but i do like a touch screen rhythm game (a la EBA/Ouendan).

Is this game for me?