NEurope
Coolness Bears

Should we stick with our glasses? or are contacts the way to go!!!

I can confirm that lenses absolutely top glasses, but are still annoying. I'm really considering to get eye surgery when I get a well-paid job.

My dad knows this guy who wore contacts, got into a bar fight (in Butlins, for some reason) and one of his contacts slipped right round his eyeball and severed all the connections at the back. Ain't got no depth perception any more. Yes.

My dad knows this guy who wore contacts, got into a bar fight (in Butlins, for some reason) and one of his contacts slipped right round his eyeball and severed all the connections at the back. Ain't got no depth perception any more. Yes.

argh O_O

thats worse than my story about the time i got rushed to hospital with a papercut.

ON MY EYEBALL

:nono:

Another problem with contacts is that you need to have contact solution with you. She once ended up at my house, but couldn't stay the night and had to go home as I had no contact solution........... :sad:

Excuses excuses. :heh:

I've ended up staying over plenty of times at places and have just kept them in. Sometimes they sting like hell when you wake up, other times my vision seems refreshingly clear. :smile:

Ouch!!! that has seriously put me off getting Contact Lenses.

I think i'll stick with my glasses and just become less clumsy with them! :heh:

Ouch!!! that has seriously put me off getting Contact Lenses.

I think i'll stick with my glasses and just become less clumsy with them! :heh:

Yeah, but had the guy been wearing glasses and gotten into the fight, he could've gotten glass in his eyes, resulting in blindness!!!

:heh:

Yeah, but had the guy been wearing glasses and gotten into the fight, he could've gotten glass in his eyes, resulting in blindness!!!

:heh:

That is a good point! :)

But the glasses might have just flown of his face in the middle of the fight and then he would have only ended up with a black eye! :heh:

I recently got a new pair of glasses and I love them. I personally think I look better with them on, but thats probably just because im used to seeing myself with them. Anyone ever had a friend who wears glasses all the time and then when the glasses are removed they look very different?

I hate that! Since I don't wear glasses much anymore, if I wear them people think I look odd.

Back when I started wearing glasses I was constantly asked if I had broken them or lost them etc. >_<

Going to get eye-surgery when I can! More money down the drain! :p

LOL@Coolness worrying about what might happen when he gets into fights... I'll be there to save you ;)

If my eyesight keeps getting worse (which has been happening over the last couple of years) and I someday have a lot of money, then I think I will consider eye surgery. Though the thought of someone cutting and burning stuff in my eyes sounds kind of scary... D:

Are there actually any risks involved in this kind of surgery?

I hate that! Since I don't wear glasses much anymore, if I wear them people think I look odd.

Back when I started wearing glasses I was constantly asked if I had broken them or lost them etc. >_<

Going to get eye-surgery when I can! More money down the drain! :p

LOL@Coolness worrying about what might happen when he gets into fights... I'll be there to save you ;)

Yay!!! :heart: though i don't think i have ever got into a fight. :yay: so i'm not really worried. :heh:

Yeah, there are some risks but by the time I and possibly you (not sure of you age sorry Eenuh :)) are able to have the laser eye surgery, the future implication of eye surgery will be known and the risk should be lower :)

The risks aren't high though, and overall I think it will be beneficial especially if you prefer wearing contacts.

Does anyone who wears contacts sometime go to push up their glasses when they aren't there? I do sometimes, its like a reflex :p

If my eyesight keeps getting worse (which has been happening over the last couple of years) and I someday have a lot of money, then I think I will consider eye surgery. Though the thought of someone cutting and burning stuff in my eyes sounds kind of scary... D:

Are there actually any risks involved in this kind of surgery?

I watched my mum get her eyes done - all they do is (not to put you off or anything) clamp your eye open, put in loads of different types of drops, then peel off your retina, laser, then put it back on again!

The whole procedure takes about 20 mins for both eyes, maybe less even!

I watched my mum get her eyes done - all they do is (not to put you off or anything) clamp your eye open, put in loads of different types of drops, then peel off your retina, laser, then put it back on again!

The whole procedure takes about 20 mins for both eyes, maybe less even!

Was she awake while they did it? :)

Was she awake while they did it? :)

Yeah, apparently its only a bit uncomfortable when you get the clamps on, but apart from that, it doesnt hurt at all.

Also, the doctor who did it had a lol headscarf on, and I got loads of free biscuits!

Yeah, apparently its only a bit uncomfortable when you get the clamps on, but apart from that, it doesnt hurt at all.

Also, the doctor who did it had a lol headscarf on, and I got loads of free biscuits!

Haha! a Lol headscarf. :)

I still can't imagine having my eyes clamped open! was the lazer machine big and scary? :heh:

Also could she feel the lazer in her eye?

argh O_O

thats worse than my story about the time i got rushed to hospital with a papercut.

ON MY EYEBALL

:nono:

:o Well, that's enough to put me off contacts for life. Mind you, I know someone who wore glasses that tripped over, and the lense of their glasses came out and cut into their forehead. She was rushed to hospital. Was only millimeters away from her skull and going into her brain apparently.

get contacts, i wear gas permeable ones, which means iv gotta clean em, which gets annoying. But after wearing glasses for like 6 years, then wearing these for a year, they are easily better.

So much better walking around and being able to look up and see lol, not having a square of vision with bluryness around it.

They are annoying to put in, but i dnt care bout that, u get used to it.

I just hope i can get the soft lenses sometime soon, they ment to feeel a lot nicer.

I wore contacts for about 4 years.

They were good because they are just less to worry about - no more flinging your hands over your face protectively when any sort of a projectile comes your way. My vision was better in contacts for whatever reason, and you can see everywhere (as in not just through the glass things in front of your eyes).

They were bad because they were expensive (I was paying £20 per month because I had to have toric lenses to combat astigmatism), you were only supposed to wear them for 8 hours a day (I averaged closer to 13) and that made my eyes grow new veins.

Cleaning them is a pain too.

I like my new specs!

photos448ca0.jpg

I'm gonna get me one of those 15 day trial things when I go into town tomorrow, had enough of wearing glasses, it's so bloody annoying when you try and look up/down/sideways and all you see is the frame of your glasses. Reflections from other car lights whilst driving at night are a nightmare as well!