Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

1400 Wii sold in 10 minutes on Amazon

Dante

With the Holidays just around the corner desperate parents are looking everywhere to find a Wii for their kids just in time for Christmas. Their chances of actually finding one are pretty slim though, as retailers across the world report incredible demand which they sadly can’t satisfy.

For example, last week, when the stock at Amazon was finally renewed, 1.400 Nintendo Wii were sold in just ten minutes, and Dixons.co.uk sold thousands of consoles in just 2 hours. The global shortage of Wii consoles made its price skyrocket on sites like Ebay, where some people are selling them for somewhere around $600 (second hand). And they actually might sell them since the only places where you can find a brand new Wii these days are the shops that are bundling them with 5 games at a very high price.

And it’s not like Nintendo isn’t producing enough consoles fast enough, poor guys are working their butts of to ship out 1.8 million systems a month but it’s just nowhere near enough.

I’d hate to be in the shoes of a parent telling his offspring he couldn’t get him what he wanted the most. It’s not like children understand about shortages, demand and such.

www.gameater.com

I’d hate to be in the shoes of a parent telling his offspring he couldn’t get him what he wanted the most. It’s not like children understand about shortages, demand and such.

Especially when they think "santa" builds the toys in his shop.

Could just get them something smaller for christmas, and then a picture of a wii and tell then that they're going to get them one when they can find one.

Most kids today are spoilt brats. Parents need to learn to say no to kids, like it should be. When I was a kid I did not have everything I wanted. And people should learn to manage their finances in stead of buying every piece of crap kids want. Of course you have to buy toys for kids, I'm just saying not everything they demand. Kids must hear a few "noes" in order to become proper balanced adults. And balanced kids also. I see way too much shit from kids today and their stupid parents do nothing to educate them better.

buy the wii box and inside put a piece of paper saying "OWNED!"

Merry fucking christmas

lol.gif