NEurope
Dog-amoto

Best "bad" ending to a film

#

The plan was to protect John, not stop Skynet.

Still, why save one man and leave the rest of the world to be destroyed. I havnt seen it in a while so ive forgotten most of it.

Still, why save one man and leave the rest of the world to be destroyed. I havnt seen it in a while so ive forgotten most of it.

It's more that the evil robots sent people to kill the guy and his mother, so he (and his wife/girlfriend/I forget) sent people to save them.

And when I say people, I mean robots. :heh:

Because they could never really stop Skynet from happening, what they did at the end of T2 only delayed it (orginally Skynet was meant to go AI in 1997, obviously T3 is way after that), with the way technology advances Skynet was always gonna happen, so the best thing to do was to make sure the man who leads the humans to vitory over the machines survives to do so

And when I say people, I mean robots. :heh:

well first film was a person remember

On that note The Departed.

thou shall not speak the remake devil name :heh:

Full Metal Alchemist movie.

I don't think you can count FMA, yeah it wasn't a great ending for how the Elrics ended up but the good guys did win

The Butterfly Effect (Director's Cut) had what you could consider a "bad" ending. And it makes sense, because it's more of a good ending.

For those who want to know (different ending in the DC version):

In the middle of the film, Evan (Ashton Kutcher) visits a psychic that tells him that he shouldn't been born. His mother tells him she had two stillbirths before having him.

In the last part, instead of the birthday scene, he sees a movie of him being born. He flashbacks to his birth, killing himself in the womb.

His mother then has a fourth child, a girl (who probably hasn't a Butterfly effect). The lives of everyone else become happier.

I guess the original is also sad, but this one is sadder.

oh, i didn't know the DC had a different ending... i'll have to get that... and on this note i spotted the Butterfly Effect 2 in the rental store the other day, anyone know if it's any good?

End of Evangelion. As far as I remember, everyone died, turning into some yellow puss shit. Except for Shinji and Asuka. Then Shinji blew his load.

End of Evangelion. As far as I remember, everyone died, turning into some yellow puss shit. Except for Shinji and Asuka. Then Shinji blew his load.

You really didn't get shit, did you?

Terminator. I'll be back to save you 3 times, oh wait the world wil end anyway, there was no point in the first two movies.

You're a flaming heretic. :shakehead

The ending I've always felt kinda bitter about is the ending from the original Night of the Living Dead film. I mean, he goes all through that trouble, then gets shot in the head. People piss me off.

That sort of ending is good! Because films shouldn't be all about feeling happy afterwards. It gets your brain going afterwards.

I don't know if it qualifies, but the ending to the movie Phenomenon needs to be processed a few times in your mind after seeing it.

The guy (I can't remeber his name) is unhappy about his powers because people view him as weird. He is again zapped by the mysterious light and wakes up in a hospital bed where he is told that he has a tumor in his brain. It is this tumor that gave him his extraordinary learning abilities (though his telekinesis powers were never explained). He is told that he will eventually die and the doctors want to use his dead body for scientific research, but he rejects the idea, telling them that what really matters is what people can achieve if they just work for it.

Not a film, but the alternative ending to Season 1 of 24 is pitiful.

Oh it really is, makes you glad they used the one they did.

That sort of ending is good! Because films shouldn't be all about feeling happy afterwards. It gets your brain going afterwards.

I didn't say it was necessarily a bad or awful ending, it just left me feeling bitter.

oh, i didn't know the DC had a different ending... i'll have to get that... and on this note i spotted the Butterfly Effect 2 in the rental store the other day, anyone know if it's any good?

For the love of God do not watch Butterfly Effect 2, so so bad

Full Metal Alchemist movie.

Terminator. I'll be back to save you 3 times, oh wait the world wil end anyway, there was no point in the first two movies.

if you are talking about the 3 films as a collective then what the fuck!

have you not even seen the first one?

Oh it really is, makes you glad they used the one they did.

agreed Still a sad brilliant ending. i love season 1. It's my fave.

You really didn't get shit, did you?

I only bought it because the original anime ending was complete and utter shite, this was recommended. Only watched it once.

Terminator 3 is the work of the great satan and must not be spoken of.

it really isn't that bad and is most certainly better than snakes on a fucking plane.

I don't deny that t3 is the worst of the 3 by far but to say it's a shit film is well.......shit.

it really isn't that bad and is most certainly better than snakes on a fucking plane.

I don't deny that t3 is the worst of the 3 by far but to say it's a shit film is well.......shit.

lulz

Alien³

It was beautiful and a nice, yet bleak downbeat ending.

You're a flaming heretic. :shakehead

The ending I've always felt kinda bitter about is the ending from the original Night of the Living Dead film. I mean, he goes all through that trouble, then gets shot in the head. People piss me off.

Thats a good ending to me. Main character death. Check. Feeling of Pointlessness and Depression. Check. No sentimentality. Check.

God, I hate sentimentality. That is why I don't really like The Shawshank Redemption, I can see it is a good film, but the ending is so fucking sentimental, It makes me feel ill.

Main character dying? Then we've got shizzle like Gladiator and Man On Fire to throw into the mix.