Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eating habbits

Kirkatronics

select 1  

35 members have voted

1. 1. select 1

Not sure what it's made of (it's vegetarian ham, not vegetable ham). And most people simply don't eat it cause they don't want animals to be killed, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy the taste of it anymore. Thus they still want to eat something that tastes like the real thing but isn't made of an animal. Makes perfect sense to me.

I love Quorn minced meat by the way; tastes better than the real thing in my opinion. =D

Hmm, I see what you mean. (Btw, I do know it's not made of vegetable ham, and that it's vegitarian ham, I just typed vegetables because I thought people would know what I meant anyway :) )

But still, I don't see why some vegetarians etc seem to take the moral highground when they say they don't eat meat. I mean, it's fine they don't, but all animals (except for the just plant eating ones) do it. We're omnivores aren't we?

(I don't mean all vegetarians, I just mean some)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I see what you mean. (Btw, I do know it's not made of vegetable ham, and that it's vegitarian ham, I just typed vegetables because I thought people would know what I meant anyway :) )

But still, I don't see why some vegetarians etc seem to take the moral highground when they say they don't eat meat. I mean, it's fine they don't, but all animals (except for the just plant eating ones) do it. We're omnivores aren't we?

So are pigs. =P

I don't see much wrong with some meat eating (just not my thing), but a lot of people simply eat too much meat. More than is actually good for them (health wise). You don't have to eat meat every day to survive or whatever, so you can easily replace some of it by vegetables, or eat some more fish (cause fish makes you smarter! XP ).

And animals only kill what they're going to eat. Humans mass-breed animals in horrible conditions, specifically for slaughter. And a lot of it doesn't even get used (lot of waste happening).

But each to their own.

So are pigs. =P

I don't see much wrong with some meat eating (just not my thing), but a lot of people simply eat too much meat. More than is actually good for them (health wise). You don't have to eat meat every day to survive or whatever, so you can easily replace some of it by vegetables, or eat some more fish (cause fish makes you smarter! XP ).

And animals only kill what they're going to eat. Humans mass-breed animals in horrible conditions, specifically for slaughter. And a lot of it doesn't even get used (lot of waste happening).

But each to their own.

The whole slaughter thing I totally agree with. It's disgusting how some of the meat we eat gets to our table. I eat lots of fruit and veg, much more so than I eat meat. But other than someone that doesn't like it taste wise, I don't see why someone doesn't eat it from time to time (or fish which is nicer than meat btw), I mean it's going against human nature basically surely. Don't get me wrong though, I don't see anything wrong with it, I just don't entirely understand if you catch my drift.

Guest dynastygal
There is a correlation between growth inhibition and vegetarianism, .

Bullshit.

I'm 5ft 4in. Average height and taller than my mum. I was vegetarian from 13.

I didn't say they did, I just mean having ham, and then having 'vegetable ham', it's mental. It can't be called ham if it's made of vegetables surely?

Why imitate the taste of the real thing though? I mean they don't want to eat it, which is fine, so why try and imitate it with vegetables?

It helps break in new veg and proves that you can still have the taste of meat without the cruelty.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians why did he make animals taste so good?

Unprocessed Raw flesh doesn't taste good to humans. That's what true meat is, warm, bloody, straight of the carcass one has just killed with their bare hands.

And human tastes like pork apparently, doesn't give us an excuse to be cannibals.

Eating meet is natural. Do you not think, given half the chance, a lot of animals would want to eat us if they could?

No it's not. We'd all do if it was, and we'd all be hunting our own if it was. Also, the majority of animals we eat are herbivores, or omnivores that forage, so no, given half the chance, they wouldn't eat us if they could.

And not the best idea to make this topic, because I will defend veganism from idiotic excuses till the death.

http://nycanimalrights.com/Excuse%201.htm

Guest dynastygal

Tastebuds differ. And animals do it to survive. Humans do it because they enjoy the taste. BIG difference. Meat also increases our cancer risk by a huge amount. In animals that are meant to eat it it doesn't - those that eat it fresh from the carcass (as nature intended).

Meat, dairy, eggs etc are purely hedonistic mastication when it comes to the majority of the human race.

No it's not. We'd all do if it was, and we'd all be hunting our own if it was. Also, the majority of animals we eat are herbivores, or omnivores that forage, so no, given half the chance, they wouldn't eat us if they could.

And not the best idea to make this topic, because I will defend veganism from idiotic excuses till the death.

http://nycanimalrights.com/Excuse%201.htm

Why would we hunt for our own? We wouldnt have time to advance if we were busy catching food, thats just a silly reason.

Who cares if we eat herbivores, lions eat gazelle, sharks eat smaller fish + us,

hyenas scavenge food.

We got a mint way of getting food, yer it gets treated bad but that isnt the people buying its fault. Dont get people to stop eating meat, get the people killing it to do it right.

Tastebuds differ. And animals do it to survive. Humans do it because they enjoy the taste. BIG difference.

Meat, dairy, eggs etc are purely hedonistic mastication when it comes to the majority of the human race.

There's a reason why meats tastes good, we evolved in liking something that's high on energy and proteins, that's why most people prefer to eat meat instead of veggies.

Tastebuds differ. And animals do it to survive. Humans do it because they enjoy the taste. BIG difference. Meat also increases our cancer risk by a huge amount. In animals that are meant to eat it it doesn't - those that eat it fresh from the carcass (as nature intended).

Only because we've developed techologically. If we didn't ahve this stuff we'd never survive without eating animals.

It quite clearly is natural, otherwise animals in nature wouldn't be doing it.

What's to say we're any different to animals?

Animals that eat meat do it because their body (teeth and stomach etc) were "designed" for meat. But a lot of animals are herbivores to begin with.

Humans are omnivores; our teeth aren't designed purely for meat (cause then our teeth would be a lot sharper).

A friend used to have a go at me all the time for eating meat, but he was always eating fish. Apparently, there's nothing wrong with eating fish because they "don't have any feelings." Which was a laugh. It's funny when self righteous vegetarian types eat fish, because it totally contradicts whatever facade of idealism they've got going. Pretty vain to be honest, if you're just jumping on the bandwagon because you want to masquerade as someone who gives a damn. Not to sound like a jaded old bugger, but it smacks of the hippie era. Fuckin tree huggers :heh:.

Unprocessed Raw flesh doesn't taste good to humans. That's what true meat is, warm, bloody, straight of the carcass one has just killed with their bare hands.

And human tastes like pork apparently, doesn't give us an excuse to be cannibals.

God gave us fire, and the knowledge to work out to cook.

We arnt cannibals because we want our own race to survive, no excuse about it.

Guest dynastygal

It IS your fault, and everyone else who buys meat fault. You supply the demand for cheap meat, thus you are just as much to blame as those who do it.

And you would hunt for your own (or packs) because with no weapons because it's what's natural. Antibiotics , hanging up for weeks, etc aren't anywhere near natural.

And I pointed out we eat mostly herbivores cus someone said they'd eat us if given half the chance, but they wouldn't, and again, lions eat gazelles etc because it's what makes them survive!

Wildlife eating wildlife = for survival

Humans eating wildlife/domesticated animals = for a momentary pleasure of the palate.

GOD DOES NOT EXIST. So don't use a non existant being to excuse your murdering habits.

AND AS SAID BEFORE MEAT ONLY TASTES GOOD TO US WHEN IT'S PROCESSED

HUMANS DON'T EAT IT STRAIGHT FROM THE CARCASS CUS IT TASTES HORRID THAT WAY

VEGETARIANS WHO EAT FISH ARE LIARS AND NOT VEGETARIANS AT ALL, THEY ARE A MOCKERY TO TRUE VEGETARIANS.

I'M HAVING TO USE CAPITALS BECAUSE PEOPLE CLEARLY CAN'T READ WHATS ALREADY BEEN SAID.

I REQUEST A MOD TO LOCK THIS TOPIC BECAUSE I WILL SERIOUSLY LOSE MY TEMPER, AND THAT DOES NOBODY ANY GOOD.

Animals that eat meat do it because their body (teeth and stomach etc) were "designed" for meat. But a lot of animals are herbivores to begin with.

Humans are omnivores; our teeth aren't designed purely for meat (cause then our teeth would be a lot sharper).

Exactly, they are designed for both vegetables/fruit and meat. Therefore some people (not aimed at you Eenuh) saying we are cruel for eating meat are totally wrong.

But aren't purely designed to eat vegetables, neither are our stomach.

A friend used to have a go at me all the time for eating meat, but he was always eating fish. Apparently, there's nothing wrong with eating fish because they "don't have any feelings." Which was a laugh. It's funny when self righteous vegetarian types eat fish, because it totally contradicts whatever facade of idealism they've got going. Pretty vain to be honest, if you're just jumping on the bandwagon because you want to masquerade as someone who gives a damn. Not to sound like a jaded old bugger, but it smacks of the hippie era. Fuckin tree huggers :heh:.

Well if you eat fish then you're not a vegetarian to begin with (note that I never called myself a vegetarian). Fish do feel pain, so that's bullshit what your friend says.

Really hypocritical, eh?

It IS your fault, and everyone else who buys meat fault. You supply the demand for cheap meat, thus you are just as much to blame as those who do it.

And you would hunt for your own (or packs) because with no weapons because it's what's natural. Antibiotics , hanging up for weeks, etc aren't anywhere near natural.

And I pointed out we eat mostly herbivores cus someone said they'd eat us if given half the chance, but they wouldn't, and again, lions eat gazelles etc because it's what makes them survive!

Wildlife eating wildlife = for survival

Humans eating wildlife/domesticated animals = for a momentary pleasure of the palate.

If we didnt eat cows their would be more gases meaning the end of the world! i am so right, do your part, eat a cow.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!