Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

what film did it try to make homage to? As far as I know it;s based after superman 4 but it's not a remake or anything..

It stayed true... maybe that was a bad thing and some were complaining threre was a lack of action.. Superman never laid a hand on anyone in the film i agree but he never did in superman 1 either if memory serves me.. He only really fights those as powerful as him.

look end of the day it was a good enough film. Up there with the first 3 and certainly better than 3 and 4.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not seen Superman Returns so all I can really say about it is Brandon Routh is going to be in the new season of Chuck. Not really relevant, but its out there now :P

Upcoming Disney films information.

Didn't realise they were re-releasing Beauty and the Beast in cinemas. May have to go watch it, been ages.

One month and a day until Toy Story 1+2 ^_^

4. The villains were entertaining. They were meant to be the same villains from the first films, so that camp supervillain thing was intentional. In a way, I find the villains in SR much more engaging and idea that just a Superman reboot that is him effectivley in a Transformers film, fighting a millions of massive robots or something, just because it looks "cool".

What?

Anyway, you are all wrong, it is completely shit. Would you happily watch it again? No, of course you wouldn't. You'd rather die. Thus its shit.

Yes the film is shit. Even the plane scene to an extent... sure it looks cool, but you know nothing bads gonna go down as it's Supermans big come back scene! And Kevin Spacey/Lex is rubbish!

I think they nailed everything about Superman/Clark Kent but most other things about the film were droll.

I loved the few action scenes there were. The plane scene is still epic (Yeah, it's obvious what's going to happen but most action scenes are blindingly foreseeable), the bit where Superman gets shot in the eyeball (Awe and then some!) and finally the bit where he flies through the Daily Planet and catches the falling globe (so cool!).

Lex Luthor needs to be made into a less black and white villain. I don't think he should be the central one tbh.

I don't think the film can be cast as shit in a world where Transformers exists, nay Michael Bay.

I think Routh played a better Clark Kent than Reeves. I actually hate Reeves version of Clark, he plays him so bumbling and awkward that the character actually becomes unlikeable.

Yes! I totally agree. I didn't even realise Clark could be likable until I saw Routh play him.

What?

Anyway, you are all wrong, it is completely shit. Would you happily watch it again? No, of course you wouldn't. You'd rather die. Thus its shit.

I would happily watch it again. I was thinking about doing so last night after discussing it, but I watched it quite recently, and new movies to watch.

And I was meaning, I'd rather have another Superman movie that wa along the lines of SR than one that was a very typical action film, with him smashing robots (the transformers reference).

I'm more annoyed by your insistance that the film is shit, when at worst, it's mediocre. I've seen shit films, and this one is not it. It might not honour the source material how many people wanted it to, or might be boring to a lot of people, but so is 2001: A Space Odyssey (not comparing the two films quality-wise here!).

The term "shit" in reference to films needs to be reserved for films that deserve it, like I Know Who Killed Me (I'm never going to get over that).

But..Superman Returns isn't even bad!

As a film, it's well directed, decently acted, visually impressive etc etc. It all works.

But it can be boring to a lot of people, or seem strangley...quiet and pointlessly drawn out, not what they want or like. That doesn't make it bad. I'm not saying it's amazing.

But at least Transformers was the entertaining kind of bad.

I really couldn't tell you. I could barely see anything with the camera moving so bloody much.

Like Paj said, Superman Returns isn't bad. It's a slower pace film than a lot of people expected. I think Routh was let down by a crappy supporting cast and limp story. I did enjoy Singer's direction though, it was quite a personal take on Superman.

Well the main character was ace and the set pieces rocked. Even though the overall story stank, the whole stupid krypo island, the interplay between the characters was generally quite involving. Lex Luthor and his gang in the film were utter tosh. They should have got someone younger.

There are a lot of redeeming features to the film. I'd say the slower pace is one of the, although it did need editing.

It by no means sucked.

Plus, the special effect were damn impressive. When so many films overload with bloated special effects, it was nice to see a film that used them well.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!