Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Movie News Thread!

Retro_Link

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) Yeah I checked Google first, and that particular link is out of date, theres been updates since then. .....SO nuuuhhhhh.

I along with many many others rate Anchorman as one of the funniest comedies of all time, and we're all entitled to our opinions. Like my right opinion, and your wrong ones. :p

Posting this here, as well as the Sexuality Thread, because I'm so scared:

http://coilhouse.net/2010/05/save-the-life-of-kiana-firouz/

Kiana Firouz, 27 years old, is an outspoken Iranian LGBT rights activist, filmmaker, and actress. When clips of her video documentary work featuring the struggle and persecution of gays and lesbians in her country were acquired by Iranian intelligence, agents began to follow Firouz around Tehran, harassing and intimidating her. She fled for England where she could safely continue her work and studies.

[...]

Much to everyone’s shock and dismay, the British Home Office has rejected her application for refugee status. Yes, they know she’s gay. Yes, they know she could be deported back to Iran at any time, and that if this happens, Firouz will most likely be sentenced to torture and death after being found guilty of the “unspeakable sin of homosexuality” because she has participated in explicit lesbian sex scenes in the movie, and been a fierce proponent for human rights in her country.

kiana.jpg

Edited by chairdriver

Fucking Tories...?

Seriously, why was she refused? I demand answers!

Newt Canned

The long rumoured cancellation of Pixar's Newt was confirmed recently and seems to be causing quite a stir...which is weird considering this was all that was known of it;

"What happens when the last remaining male and female blue-footed newts on the planet are forced together by science to save the species, and they can’t stand each other?"

Frequently pushed back and now over. It sounded interesting but a lot of people are really concerned. Lord knows why. Maybe they think its a sign of impending Pixar doom...? Also Upcoming Pixar points out a few films its like (and ignores the other obvious one; Princess and the Frog, although obviously that wasn't the last two of a species but similarish).

Apparently Pixar have also said that the recently announced sequels have not been forced by Disney, but instead chosen because they want to do them. We'll see, it could be back one day. Maybe it just needs rejigging ::shrug:

Edited by Ashley

Take my show, take my other show, take me where I cannot work. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take my cast from me

Looks like Whedon is doing his favourite trick of hiring actors he likes for The Avengers:

"Nathan Fillion is pretty much locked to be Henry Pym, and should be announced before any other new additions to the cast (think around Comic Con)"

77053539_49520880ce.jpg

So which Ant-Man is it in Edgar Wrights Ant-Man movie?

I read that the movie would be Scott Lang, BUT star Pym and also cameo Eric O'Grady. This was like...year+ ago though, so I'm not sure what still is planned, but I definitely thing Lang is the way to go, but with Pym featured in some way (heavily perhaps)