NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Cheers dude.

Yep they look god damn sick. We knew Scarlett would look sexy but seriously, thats just taking the mick. I'm gonna be popping boners all over the show in the cinema.

People think Emily Blunt is better suited for Black Widow.

the-devil-wears-prada-12.jpg

-2 points for looking ridiculous.

Indeed, he doesn't look like a supervillain at all.

i fear the new karate kid... but then again will smith is only in good films

in support of Rourke: There's no post processing on that image. Ever seen un-doctored footage from films like LOTR? goes from 'Fantasy Epic' to 'Bunch of dicks in a wood' fairly fast. So much of the look of a film is created in the editing room that judging anything by set photos is a fools game.

I think its sposed to look home made ish anyway. Its not a super tech suit, its a hardcore whip-a-thon.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/100/1004766p1.html

From Time Lord to Hobbit?

David Tennant rumoured for Bilbo role.

Will Doctor Who star David Tennant be announced as the new Bilbo Baggins at Comic-Con next week?

The LA Times is spreading the rumours, citing the fact that David Tennant is over in San Diego to promote Doctor Who - a show he will shortly be leaving - as evidence that he will accept the part. Hobbit director Guillermo del Toro is also scheduled to be at the event.

The likes of Daniel Radcliffe, James McAvoy and even Jack Black have all been rumoured for the role.

the-hobbit-20090717070246031.jpg

Could work, certainly a better choice than the other aweful actors mentioned in that article [not that i could see any of those actually being offered it].

I thought people were speculating him being in a Doctor Who movie... which is surely a more likely Comic-Com announcement for him.

Seriously I fucking love the internet. On a website with pictures of RDJ driving an Audi for Iron Man 2. The first comments ;

FUCK IRONMAN 2! IT WILL SUCK!

No, YOU !!!

You will suck, you ignorant bitch.

I just want a photo/video montage scene set to Bulletproof by La Roux with Black Widow going shopping for parts for her Iron Widow suit. At random points she breaks the fourth wall by mouthing/dancing along to the song. She Hulk and Pulsar are her back-up dancers/singers.

*loves*

Seriously though.

I enjoyed Iron Man, it was very...solid, and hopefully this one will be more of the same, but now can leave out the lengthy origin stuff for more Whippage/Gunnage/*what other villains are confirmed*-age.

I just want a photo/video montage scene set to Bulletproof by La Roux with Black Widow going shopping for parts for her Iron Widow suit. At random points she breaks the fourth wall by mouthing/dancing along to the song. She Hulk and Pulsar are her back-up dancers/singers.

*loves*

Seriously though.

I enjoyed Iron Man, it was very...solid, and hopefully this one will be more of the same, but now can leave out the lengthy origin stuff for more Whippage/Gunnage/*what other villains are confirmed*-age.

Where is this magical video, and how can I view it?

In my head.

Come in, have a hot cross bun.

AYE.

2006-12-28marvelPicture001.jpg

I don't like hot cross buns, but if you have scones and pronounce it correctly I'm there.

How does one ascertain what pronounciaton is correct?

Sconns or Skones? I'm torn. I think my family has always said "Sconns", and my family have a terrible fear of "commoners" and so would presumably try to use the "poshest" version.

Sconns or Skones? I'm torn. I think my family has always said "Sconns", and my family have a terrible fear of "commoners" and so would presumably try to use the "poshest" version.

it depends if you were educated at Oxford or Cambridge. We will not mention those technical colleges

I've always pronounced it "skones." It's the way it should be pronounced. Think of it as a cheap test to see if a person is worth knowing or not.

"Sconns or Skones?"

"...uhh....skones?"

"....yeeeeeeeeeeees!"

"*wipes sweat from brow*"

Also, normally the Johansson would raise much more than an eyebrow when I see her in her full blown beauty. However, these pictures barely raise a semi. :(

Problem is... it's impossible to pronounce it 'skones' and not hear yourself sounding like a knob!

You don't pronounce "cones" as "cons", the same logic should apply with "SKONES".

*Go Team "Skones"!*

You don't pronounce "cones" as "cons", the same logic should apply with "SKONES".

true... but its about being posh not logical. Polite society make barriers for the working class. only those with a proper background know the ways and manners of the posh person. It is not somthing you can read about or achieve through thinking or intelligence... its about breeding and being "proper".

Back to Black%20Widow%20Things%20they%20say%20Richard%20Morgan.jpg..

I actually missed that image of Johansosososan on the last page, and it's intriguing. Considering I'm a supporter of ginger girls with curly hair as sexy, I think it's...too much. It looks too fake. It reminds me more of Poison Ivy. I think straighter hair might have been more appropriate for the slick super spy. But I'm drawing conclusions too early on.

Well it looks almost identicle to the picture you posted above.

And I don't think you're meant to think it's natural.

Plus they have to go with a very bold and different colour red, to differentiate her from Gwyneth Paltrow's Pepper Potts.

The colour is perfect, but it just looks a bit too fake and would make no sense on a super assassin/spy. And that picture is misleading, Black Widow generally looks like;

TheBlackWidow.jpg

I obviously find big curly red hair much sexier and whatever, but it just looks too OOT there.

Well maybe they'll give her straight hair in a ponytail or something for her dignified day job, then when the costume comes out, so does the crazy hair!