NEurope
Retro_Link

The Movie News Thread!

Disturbing = bad? Since when?

The book is brilliant. And not like the film at all, really. Both books are good. I find some of the setting in the second one a bit more interesting actually.

But yeah, I like the look of Alice by Burton..though those character stills looks a bit fake (not saying they are, but they have a look about them).

Helena Bonham Carter is a legendess.

I didn't say it was bad, I just didn't like it. I watched it when I was about 6 years old, I think.

God damn it, those designs are terrible. When I heard Tim Burton was working on it, I was anticipating he would do something more in his traditional gothic style from the late 80's and the 90's. Alas, I was wrong :(

So The Road has surfaced in trailer land

Looking excellent. It looks like they've expanded the narrative a bit and widened the role of the supporting cast. Probably a good move- a totally faithful adaptation would be both dramatically unsatisfying for cinema and, more to the point, totally pointless.

Psyched.

Alice in Wonderland is a great bit of fiction. Genius storytelling. This is probably the first Burton movie in a while that I'm really interested in seeing.

Oooh dan! Dan; hold me. I don't know, I just don't know. I want it to be awesome, devoid of cheese, haunting and disturbing, but there's too much warmth, and that kid actor, I can tell already, is going to piss me off.

Bring on October! No doubt I'll have read it at least 3 times by then.

Shit, also forgot to post this

Zombieland trailer aka L4D the Movie, Aka looks fucking awesome

Got a Shaun of the dead/ Dead Rising vibe to it, I fucking love zombie movies

"Whadaya think, zombie kill of the week?" "No that went to Mrs Cynthia knickerbocker" *piano*

God damn it, those designs are terrible. When I heard Tim Burton was working on it, I was anticipating he would do something more in his traditional gothic style from the late 80's and the 90's. Alas, I was wrong :(

Alice has been done to death in every way imagineable, famously in that PC game, which was the "dark" way.

Seems pretty typical Burton to me, those designs, but we won't know until the trailer.

"Whadaya think, zombie kill of the week?" "No that went to Mrs Cynthia knickerbocker" *piano*

That trailer is absolutely brilliant, funny violence, Zombies and funny lines while being violent. Can't wait for that movie.

Oooh dan! Dan; hold me. I don't know, I just don't know. I want it to be awesome, devoid of cheese, haunting and disturbing, but there's too much warmth, and that kid actor, I can tell already, is going to piss me off.

Bring on October! No doubt I'll have read it at least 3 times by then.

I'd argue there's actually a great deal of warmth at the core of the book in their relationship. You know, ish.

I didn't laugh once, am I broken?

I'd argue there's actually a great deal of warmth at the core of the book in their relationship. You know, ish.

I wasn't referring to their relationship - that's obviously the beacon of humanity and love that bleaches everything else so horribly black in comparison. But the trailer makes me think they'll focus too much on the past... I always read that stuff as if it were glancing, quick-to-be-suppressed, hazy... Visually I made the world much more stark with lifelessness. The forest in the trailer had me thinking of a cub scout trip.

But! I'm just tearing it down as much as possible so as not to be dissapointed. I'm going to pretend that they're adapting a translation of a translation of a translation of the book. Upside down. Under the sink. Whilst reciting the alphabet backwards.

*nods*

Man I spoke to nami about seeing this and already I'm psyched :P I can see us not stopping talking about it for a fair few pints after.

www.reuters.com: TOKYO/SEOUL (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Spielberg and Will Smith are moving forward with plans for a remake of "Old Boy" despite a complex, behind-the-scenes rights wrangle involving the Japanese publishers of the original manga and the Korean producers of Park Chan-Wook's 2003 cult hit.

Futabasha, publisher of the manga by Nobuaki Minegishi and Garon Tsuchiya, has filed a case against Show East in Seoul, alleging the Korean company never had the right to negotiate a remake.

The issue is further complicated by the fact that Show East has shut down and its CEO, Kim Dong-Ju, has disappeared. Big Egg, a co-producer of the ultra-violent revenge flick, has also closed up shop, and its former staffers are unreachable.

"We haven't been able to confirm that Show East is bankrupt, and at this stage we're not sure what effect this will have on the legal case," said a spokesperson from Futabasha in Tokyo, who noted that legal proceedings had begun last week.

South Korean sales company Cineclick Asia, which represented Show East's "Oldboy" in international territories, actually negotiated the remake deal with Universal.

Universal brought in Roy Lee's Vertigo Entertainment, which has made a specialty of Asian film remakes, to produce the picture, and then Mandate acquired the rights from Universal.

DreamWorks, in one of its first moves in the wake of its November separation from Paramount, secured remake rights from Mandate, which remains involved in the project.

DreamWorks had no comment on the dispute between Futubasha and Show East.

Cause that films really needs remake with Will Smith in it.

Not exactly an appropriate thread, but a disgusting error on the back of the Superbad case. Seth Rogens name is spelt incorrectly. Someone got fired. (Or deserved to)

5090_202044280580_509970580_7531632_5834388_n.jpg

Uncharted movie!

http://www.aintitcool.com/talkback_display/41545

I hope they actually do cast Fillion.

Jacko Joke Culled From Bruno

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41549

So it was okay to laugh at his expense while he was alive, but not now he's dead?

I hate people who refuse to have courage in their convictions. Either laugh through both his life and death or just...don't, and grow up.

So it was okay to laugh at his expense while he was alive, but not now he's dead?

I hate people who refuse to have courage in their convictions. Either laugh through both his life and death or just...don't, and grow up.

Don't be so ridiculous.

I was angry and I know what I want to say but can't think how to put it.

But realy, it's not like he was laughing along with us* while he was alive...and he won't be in death.

*us meaning people who made stupid jokes.

Until I got bored. They're cutting out a bit where he interviews LaToyah Jackson. Which seems pointless (like the guy says, iirc).

I was commenting more on the fact jokes about Mj are now "off-limits" or might be. It was more of a general musing in that direction and in "respect for the dead", when no one had any respect for him in life (except musically).

I was commenting more on the fact jokes about Mj are now "off-limits" or might be. It was more of a general musing in that direction and in "respect for the dead", when no one had any respect for him in life (except musically).

Despite quoting my post directly? You need to be clearer in future/read what you're about to comment on.