N-Europe

Skies of Arcadia Sequel On The Way?

Hero-of-Time

My only worry is that it'll be rushed and there'll be problems with it. I want them to take there time with this and make it a quality game, assuming that this will turn out true.

We really need good 3rd party games like No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, NiGHTs to the Wii cause most of them are just crap.

The 3rd party library is really taking shape now, it is very much all about quantity with the Wii. With the vasts amount of quantity, you get more quality, but of course you get that mixed with a load of crap, which you just don't buy :).

We do still need more, but every week seems to give us another few games worth following.

Yea there are better 3rd party games coming but hope there's a good flow throughout 2008 or we're screwed for games, though saying that all I need is Brawl, don't care about any other game asong as I have that.

And a Baten Kaitos Sequal would be amazing and it's can tale place at you know where if you completed it. And it would be so easy to come up with a story.

Skies of Arcadia is my favourite game of all time. I loved the playable demo that came with an issue of a Dreamcast magazine. I completed it over an over until I bought the game on the day of its release. Then I got the GameCube version when that was released a few years later.

I find it hard to get excited over a rumor of a sequel. There have been countless rumors of a Skies of Arcadia sequel for years. However, if they are making a sequel and it's anywhere near as good as the original, it will be an outstanding game. :)

I don't see why they'd choose to release it on the Wii though. After all it didn't sell well on the GameCube. The core Nintendo fans who had a GameCube tended to turn their noses up at anything that wasn't first party or exclusive, even if it was as awesome as Skies. Mind you, the Wii is a lot more popular than the GameCube was, and the Wii is the only "next gen" console I have, so I hope it comes to the Wii. :)

I don't see why they'd choose to release it on the Wii though. After all it didn't sell well on the GameCube. The core Nintendo fans who had a GameCube tended to turn their noses up at anything that wasn't first party or exclusive, even if it was as awesome as Skies. Mind you, the Wii is a lot more popular than the GameCube was, and the Wii is the only "next gen" console I have, so I hope it comes to the Wii. :)

I don't think it sold that badly on GC, I never really found out but I can't see it being a huge flop.

As to why would they put it on the Wii? Well I don't think the franchise is big enough to justify the $20 million + dev costs of PS3 / 360, and probably couldn't be done on a handheld's limited hardware. Also Wii's domination of Japan means any RPG can be successful on the Wii, provided it's done right.

• 1 year later...
why bump this thread?

I know this thread is old but as I would be really interested in that game (if it would come) I have to ask: Is there any news regarding this?

Or even known if it is likely or unlikely that this game will be made?

At least it was a meaningful bump :P

Sorry but I really wanted to know.

It was after all one of the best RPGs - if not THE best RPG - that I have played.

It had a good story, great fighting/leveling system, ...

@Dante: Thanks for that information - though it isn't the one I hoped for but still: Now I know at least that is very unlikely.

Sorry but I really wanted to know.

It was after all one of the best RPGs - if not THE best RPG - that I have played.

It had a good story, great fighting/leveling system, ...

@Dante: Thanks for that information - though it isn't the one I hoped for but still: Now I know at least that is very unlikely.

Dude, if there was any news whatsoever the forums and main page would be bursting with staffer orgasms. Except for me. I've never played it... :heh: