NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

Jwonggg.com =

So myself and everyone from NYC was invited to a Street Fighter 4 Fight club hosted by Capcom and Seth Killian. The fight club consisted of Street Fighter 4, The new installment of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Marvel vs Capcom 2 patch, and a demo of Super Street Fighter 4.

Before SSF4 was showcased to the public, Me and Marn were playing the new TVC. We were basically the new characters such as Frank West, Tekkaman Blade, Joe the Condor, and of course Zero from MegamanX series. The characters I personally like was Zero because he was the Zero from megamanX4. They gave him a dash like in the actual game, where you’ll see a clone of yourself. He also has a flame uppercut with his sword. He has a sword bnb combo he had in the game. What was cool about him mostly was that his lvl3 was like really crazy. It was just that his sword grew big, and you just went through him like on some anime cinema type of thing.

Joe the Condor was also fun. He has a mixture of Ken the Eagle and Jun together. His level 3 was basically some Rock Lee (Naruto) lotus move if anything. Other than that I felt he was a great character.

Tekkaman Blade is a straight up gundam. He moves like one and fights like one. His level 3 even looks like one also. But he was a interesting character. He can dash to the end of the screen so fast in split of a second.

Juri Gameplay

Juri special moves

Counter – QCB+P Her counter isnt like gouken counters. Depending on the punch you use, she does a different counter. If you use the jab version, she will dash backwards, if you use the medium punch version, she will go behind you. If you use the fierce version, she will jump up and be on top of you. Ex counter – Unknown

Kick String move – QCB +K It is a special move which starts from a mid kick and then depending on the kick you press, you will get a different ender. With light kick, you will get a low ender, with medium kick, you will get a mid ender, and the fierce kick you will probably get a overhead (havent used this version ) Ex- Unknown

Kick spinning move – QCF+K. It is like a spinning kick lariat but used for combos then Anti air. Depending on the kick, you will get more hits and more rotation of the spin. The light kick version seems safe on block and the ex does a lot of damage and it seems to knockdown.

Air dive kick – QCB+K It is basically like cammy cannon spike in the air. But the dive kick flutates in hits depending on the button. Light kick version seems abusable and the ex versions slams you into the wall, which leads into more combo opportunities.

Super – QCF x2 into Kick. Its all right. It kinda doesn’t juggle properly

Ultra – QCF x2 into Kickx3. Its the prettiest ultra by far.

Her combos (that I found out in 5 mins)

If your opponent is jumping, you can do jump strong, into another jump strong, into ultra.

In the corner you could do, cr light kick x2, into cr medium kick, into ex QCF+K into ultra.

Do a full focus attack, dash and tiger knee the ex air dive kick special and do ultra (this requires timing)

General stuff about Juri

Juri has a great ground dash. Its compared to chun li. Fast and short. She has easy link options. Her focus does not have that much range. Mainly the strings you want to use into a special move would be either from her standing medium punch or crouching medium kick. She cannot FADC from her special moves that I have tried.

Possible stuff

Juri might be able to do standing fierce punch into ultra because it launches on hit.

Deejay Special Move

Fireball – hold back 2 seconds into forward punch. It has nice recovery. Not like guile but good. His ex version, he sends out too fireballs.

Flashkick – Hold down 2 seconds into up kick – Havent fiddled around with this move at all but its always a reliable antiair.

Max out – mash on punch. His ex version. If hit you can combo into his ultra.

Dash 2 hit kick move – hold back 2 seconds into forward kick. Its a 2 hit move. But his ex version is really good, because if hit, it crumples the opponent just like a focus attack and it leads into more combo potential.

Super – Hold back 2 seconds, forward, back, forward into kick. Its a regular super just like super turbo.

Ultra – Hold back 2 seconds, forward, back, forward into kick x3. Its a regular super but he ends it with a really big fireball.

Combos

Cr jab x2 into cr medium punch into ex dash 2 hit kick move. And during that time, you go back to charge, and when the move finish, your opponent gets crumple stun which leads into full ultra.

Cr jab x2 into ex max out into ultra.

General stuff about DeeJay

He has a very fast cr jab like balrog. And his combos are very easy to pull off. He also have good cross ups just like he had in Super Turbo. Other than that, I haven’t tried anything else since most of my time was on Juri.

T. Hawk (What Marn Said)

Marn basically said T.Hawk sucks. He can’t FADC out of his special move, so I guess he does alot of damage and thats all I can really comment on.

Other than that, SSF4 is coming soon and its going to bring the HYPE.

New scans:

99220383660122551lo.jpg99221383920122524lo.jpg

Capcom's been pimping Super Street Fighter IV ever since TGS kicked off, announcing new characters, stages, the works. But it wasn't until now that they've re-introduced one of their most classic meta-games.

Fresh off the press, the latest issue of Famitsu confirms that Street Fighter II's bonus stages will be making an appearance in Super Street Fighter IV. Players will be able to smash cars, demolish drums, and break barrels in full 3D. No word on whether there'll be any new bonus stages accompanying them.

Loved that car mini game in the arcades. Wonder if they'll bring the barrells back, too.

Loved that car mini game in the arcades. Wonder if they'll bring the barrells back, too.

They have, its in one of the pictures above.

They have, its in one of the pictures above.

Oh yeah! Didn't notice until you pointed it out.

Trailer

New info:

2132397383_view.jpg

Endless Battle

An endless online tournament playable by up to eight. The loser of each fight goes to the end of the line and waits for another chance to fight. Players who aren't fighting can watch the fight and take part in voice chat. This mode continues as long as players are online. You're free to switch characters during the course of play.

Team Battle

Team battle supports up to eight players, with two teams ranging from 1 to 7 players on each team. That's right, you can have seven players gang up on a single super World Warrior. You can also set the game to manually create your teams, using player points to create two equal sides. Once you've created a team, you can choose to manually set the order in which your members participate, or you can have the game choose for you. As with the Endless Battle Mode, players who aren't fighting can watch the current fight.

Replay Channel

This mode lets you "gather" and "view" replay data. The replays are viewed in streaming form through "channels," which can be viewed simultaneously by other players. Those viewing the same channel can engage in voice chat.

The replay channels are split up into themes, examples being a channel consisting of boss characters and one with newcomer fighters.

Replays that you happen to like can be added to your My List. Replays on this list can be viewed and edited (I'm not sure about the extents of the editing). When viewing your My List, you don't get sthe communication aspects of this mode -- it's just your own personal channel.

Tournament Mode

Not all the content will ship on the Super Street Fighter IV disc. Capcom plans on offering a Tournament Mode via download following release. This mode promises the following features:

- Tournament for up to eight players

- Players can watch the matches of others

- Voice chat compatible (for up to 9 players -- including the person who arranges the tournament)

- Can save replays, even for fights that you watch

- You can give special titles to winners

- The tournament progression and results have been made visual. (I'm not sure what this means exactly.)

endhh.jpg

New scans show Cody、Adon、Guy and Ibuki is mention in the text but not shown.

55116011221130lo.jpg5512102122363lo.jpg

Edited by Dante

What the heck is that you just used for a comma?

The commas are from another site when I had copied Cody, Adon and Guy names.

New screenshots:

super-street-fighter-iv-20091123000707184_640w.jpg

super-street-fighter-iv-20091123000643716_640w.jpg

super-street-fighter-iv-20091123000714902_640w.jpg

super-street-fighter-iv-20091123000652154_640w.jpg

super-street-fighter-iv-20091123000657528_640w.jpg

super-street-fighter-iv-20091123000655153_640w.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

Hopefully this comes to PC like the last one, either that or i might have to get a PS3 / 360.

I'm still playing IV every now and then; working my way through the trials. I've not got that many left to do now :grin:

got my 500 Xbox Live battles achievement the other day. Now I'm on like 528 online battles, still no where near my crazy amount that I got on SF3 Third Strike on the Xbox though....working on it :p

Blog Updated!

GAI_01.jpg

GAI_02.jpg

GAI_03.jpg

So we've finally announced the new characters. I could barely contain myself wanting to tell you all! This is Tsukamoto.

This time, out of the characters just recently introduced, Director Okada and I would like to focus on Guy and tell you the inside scoop on how he was brought into the game.

Well then, could you tell us the story about adding Guy to the game?

Okada:

With the addition of Dee Jay and T.Hawk, we finally got the full cast from SSFII Turbo. So for the next additions, we compiled a list of characters that players wanted to see in the game. Guy was one of the names on the first list.

He was on the list at the very beginning wasn't he?

Okada:

Although the Alpha series has a lot of unique characters, we felt that Guy with his stoic fighting style rooted in Bushido was the perfect fit for a Street Fighter, so he was suited for this game.

Tsukamoto:

Guy is also pretty popular. Producer Ono took the list we made with him to America, and after getting the requests of people over there, Guy was still one of the names on the list.

Okada:

Yes, he's pretty popular overseas as well. A ninja sporting sneakers is a style that the fans overseas can really get into.

Were there any objections?

Tsukamoto:

Nope. The development team also wanted to get Guy in the game.

Okada:

When developing the arcade game, when we made El Fuerte we did some research on Guy. Since El Fuerte is also a running character, there were some similarities to Guy so we gave him a try. Of course, Fuerte and Guy play completely differently, and we didn't want to make them the same, but while playing Guy we felt that he was really interesting, so at the time we thought if we had the chance we'd like to put him in the game.

Tsukamoto:

For the older titles every character has their own unique traits, which makes them memorable. Win or lose, they leave an impression on you and you can immerse yourself in the game. When we were using Guy we especially felt that he was interesting.

Okada:

So this time we felt his time had finally come! (laughs) We'd thought that we wanted to get him in the game before, so when Ono said "Put Guy in!" we felt like we'd just been waiting for the right time, and it had come.

From a developers viewpoint, what kind of character is Guy?

Okada:

Fundamentally, he's a character that doesn't use "ki" - he has no use for fireballs or projectiles. He throws himself right at the enemy, and since he's slim he can really turn up the speed. This is his main fighting style. Though this was always the case for the Alpha system, he's a character who focuses on stringing together normals to make combos. Though his punches and kicks make for a whirlwind fighting style, more than just being tricky he moves in a direct manner like ordinary humans would be able to do.

He hasn't changed a whole lot from Final Fight.

Okada:

Right, in Final Fight if you kept hitting the punch button you'd get a nice combination attack, which was cool. That's the kind of game Final Fight was, but we've managed to preserve that image of Guy in the titles he's appeared in so far.

And how about in SSFIV?

Okada:

We felt we definitely had to keep up that image this time around. Not just a character based on strikes, but combination strikes and how cool those are.

What things did you keep in mind as you made Guy into a SFIV character?

Okada:

The systems unique to SFIV are the Focus Attack and Ultra Combo, but as Guy has always been a steady character it was no problem adjusting him there. But not just the fighting, since he is a ninja we were also concerned about his overall production. The designers took a lot of care with his FA stance and taunts and what not to make sure they were ninja-like.

How about new moves? And, has he lost any moves?

Okada:

He's got a new move. But we felt that his moveset was already fairly complete, so its more of an accent. Not something you can use as a primary move and depend on it, but just another option. He hasn't really lost any moves. The way you use supers is a bit different of course, but of course that's just taking on a different form.

So it seems as if we can fight with him the same as we did before.

Okada:

Yes, anything that you might think is essential, is there. He's got his Houzantou which is good for evading projectiles and forcing the opponent to block, Bushin Senbukyaku which is good for anti-air, and Bushin Izuna drop and Haygake for getting into the opponent's openings...

Tsukamoto:

And Bushin Gokusaken as well. So with all his moves, you can fight with him just as you did before. And he's also got the new move we mentioned before.

Okada:

That's right. This time we've added the Rolling Izuna Drop. It'll be really useful in the air, so please use it.

What things were you concerned about regarding the production?

Okada:

Guy's character is one of coolness, so he never really loses his expression or plays around. So as we couldn't really do a lot with him facially, we concerned ourselves with how to bring out his ninja qualities and individuality in his moves. The character models in SFIV are very detailed, and you can move them right down to the fingers. So our designers put in a lot of work in stuff like making hand seals or the angle of his fingers when he extends his palm, so I hope everyone takes notice of it. His ultra is also pretty flashy, so perhaps that's a highlight?

Tsukamoto:

Also, and this isn't us being silly, but during Guy's entrance he comes in by kicking some drum barrels.

Okada:

This is something that's always been present since Final Fight, so we've included it this time as well.

Tsukamoto:

But, who is just leaving those drum barrels there? Does he put them there himself?

Okada:

He probably lines them up by himself before a fight. I imagine him saying "Wait a moment" while he lines them up, then backs up and kicks his way through. (laughs)

Tsukamoto:

Eiyaaaa! (laughs)

Were there any difficulties in porting Guy over to SFIV?

Okada:

Guy's a pretty straightforward character, so as for the system there weren't really any problems. But as we mentioned in the previous dev blog, the camera zooms in on the characters, so it felt like the screen was pretty small. In reality, its not all that small. So when Guy does his Hayagake, it feels like the distance is really short and that he's not really running. So we worried about how to make the image consistent with that of running. Regularly, he will get to his opponent in just 3 steps. (laughs)

Guy is a character where he takes a lot of work on his presentation and appearance.

Tsukamoto:

When making a 3D character, we didn't have any information so it was pretty difficult. I believe they've done a pretty good job on the chain mail Guy wears as an undershirt, so check it out.

Okada:

Also, when we were working with the dot matrix sprites we couldn't write the "Bushin" kanji on his chest, but we've got it on there now!

Tsukamoto:

So its like - here's the Bushin Style!

Where there any other incidents?

Okada:

It was hard coming up with lines he says in-game. Basically, in Street Fighter, the characters say what they do - you throw a Hadouken, they say "Hadouken!" But Guy doesn't say "Bushin Senbukyaku!" or "Hayagake!" He only makes sounds like "fu!" or "seiya!" or "eiya!" Before recording, we decided to just have everything be "eiya" or "seiya" or "haiya", but even though I was the one writing them I had no idea which moves they were for. (laughs)

That would be confusing. (laughs)

Okada:

He does say stuff like "This is the Bushin Style!". But he doesn't say his move names too often.

Tsukamoto:

Well, ninjas aren't really known for calling out their move names. Oh, but in the ninja movies from way back when they used to say stuff like "Ninpo Something something No Jutsu!"...

Please tell us about the current status of Guy's development.

Okada:

We're currently right in the middle of tweaking him. Guy is a character where you have to make a lot of really intricate decisions on the fly, such as doing a feint or thinking about your own and your opponent's position. Its important for Guy to make his opponent go on the offensive, so tweaking him for that is a bit hard.

Just attacking all-out isn't going to fly, is it?

Okada:

He's most definitely a character where you'll need to have good techniques, so I believe he's suited for those who want to test their own skills. You can think "This is only something that I can do!"

Does that mean that Guy best suited for those who are good at fighting games?

Okada:

If we make his jumps high, then he'd have a hard time jumping in. But as he has no projectiles, he might get pinned down by an opponent who does. Of course, you can always just run away, but we have to think about players who want to take the situation and turn it into an advantage for them. In a fighting game this holds true for any character, but I feel its especially true for Guy. So in that respect, Guy might be a more intermediate character.

You have to stay 2 or 3 steps ahead of your opponent.

Okada:

That's right. He's a character where you have to think things like "My opponent is probably going to want to jump at this time." So I think people who can win with Guy are really cool.

You mentioned before that he had some similarities with El Fuerte, but are there any other SFIV characters who you feel would make for an interesting fight with Guy?

Okada:

Isn't the matchup of speed vs power quite interesting? For example, Guy Vs Zangief - Guy will want to stay away and Gief will want to get in!

Tsukamoto:

Yeah, I want to see those two go at it. It's sure to be a textbook SFIV matchup!

At the moment, who do you think has the advantage between Guy and Zangief?

Okada:

Hmm...I feel like its a pretty good matchup? I think it'll be a really precise match, coming down to who has more patience.

Does that mean that you also have to be intermediate level just to appreciate watching Guy's matches?

Okada:

He doesn't have a whole lot of flashy moves. But if you understand that and love the stoic nature, it should be really interesting.

Do you have a message for the people who have used Guy before or the players thinking about picking him up?

Okada:

Everything about Guy is just so cool, so I think he will be very popular among players. Not just a particular part, but in general I think he will go over well. As for the fighting style, the Alpha series was kind of about combos, but in SFIV I think the main thing will be finding openings against your opponent. It will really depend on player skill, so at first maybe you shouldn't expect too much, but as you really get a feel for him you'll be able to use him well. He's got a lot of moves, so your performance depends on how you use them. And, his ultra - the startup, the animation, its all just really awesome looking. So win in a cool way.

Does that mean being cool is very important?

Okada:

Yeah, because he's a ninja! Of course winning is the most important thing, but if you can win like a ninja... (laughs)

Tsukamoto:

Yeah, he's a character where you can really mix it up. Being interesting is not just a natural part of it, its also essential!

Well, did everyone enjoy the entry this week? Since we got to announce the new characters, I'd like to continue next week on the same theme, but this time featuring Cody!

See you next week!

Edited by Dan_Dare

Blog Updated - New Stages etc.

Hello everyone.

The festive Christmas atmosphere is starting to pick up around town. Personally, a lot of games and moves that I've been looking forward to are coming out in succession... But no matter how cute the little Chocobo is, now we gotta focus on Super SFIV! The development staff has been pouring their blood and sweat into the project, so what once seemed like a distant goal is now within our sights! We'll give it our all for the final push!

Well then! Today we're bringing back the "Q&A Series"! If we count from SFIV, this would be the 9th entry.

This series is like using up 3 bars of super meter. The choice of questions and opinions to be addressed is left up to me - but I'll try to answer as many questions as I can the best that I can! Let's get to it!

Q: Yes! A continuation of SFIV! Sweet! I love the SFIV staff, Lil' Ono, and Nakky as well! I could hug you all to death! I'm looking forward to SSFIV!

A: Wow! If it makes you this happy, I won't mind getting hugged to death!

Q: The blog's banner is pretty cool. Modeled after the new character Juri. Could it be that that's you?

A: Could it be...! I often said to Lil' Ono and the dev staff "Taekwondo is pretty fun...but up until now there's been no TKD characters in Street Fighter...I wonder why...?"

Q: What's going on with the character balance in SSFIV?

A: We're giving it our all with character balance! Not just the new characters, but the 25 from SFIV as well!

Q: As I'm a player from the SFII era, just looking at the title makes me feel all nostalgic!

A: Yes! As we made the title logo with SSFII in mind, for you to say that makes me happy!

Q: Ah, I'm a little late, but I've finally made it to the SSFIV party! As Ono kept saying "Dash" I was looking for "SFIV Dash" and almost missed this site on the net!

A: Thanks for your always energetic comments! This site does seem like it can get lost on the net easily, so please take care in coming here!

Q: I like Juri Han's hair. And I love your blog.

A: At the developers site, Juri's hair is often called "Cow Horn Hair". And you love my site...and with two stars to boot...I'm deeply moved!

↑Cow Horn Hair. This is what it looks like from the back.

Q: I'm from Australia. I'm following this blog as closely as possible. Please give us some more news on SSFIV!

A: Thank you very much! I have been to Australia before! I put my hand in a mother kangaroo's pocket, and the baby kangaroo inside pulled on it with a bit of force. The baby kangaroo didn't seem to like it. Sorry fella.

Q: No matter what happens, I'll accept it, but - for online battles, if we could make a room, have several people enter, and then they can watch the fight as they wait their turn, that would be great.

A: That would be great! And you can do just that!

Q: Please make the character themes for everyone from SFII.

A: Heh heh heh. Thanks to everyone's passionate requests, all character themes will be present in SSFIV. (This is the biggest announcement of today's blog) You may have noticed that Balrog and Vega didn't have themes in SFIV, but this time we've got everyone covered with cool remixes of their themes!

Q: I'd like to see some blood when Vega uses his claws or Blanka bites.

A: Blood! Yes, that would definitely make things interesting. But if we did that, it would make our target audience a little older... We'd like for everyone to enjoy SSFIV regardless of age!

Q: Dudley's gonna be in this, right? I really want him in! ...I wanna throw the rose (LOL)

A: Throwing the rose is a part of Dudley's identity isn't it. Right now, I can't say if he will be in or not. But I understand how you feel about wanting to throw the rose.

Q: I was relieved to hear you hadn't given up on an arcade version. It would be great if there was one! Get on it, developers!

A: We've heard your passionate requests for an arcade version loud and clear! Thank you very much! We'll do our best!

Q: The new character Juri...she's pretty cute! I really like her design! She's the best. I wanna see her in action!

A: Everyone loves Juri! She's a bit of an intense character, so while she might get your blood pumping a bit, if you think "I wanna use her" that makes me the most happy!

↑Way cute!

Q: About Juri's chest, is that a tattoo, or cloth...I don't know.

A: Hmm, right. We're giving you a nice shot of her in the above picture! But yeah, as you can see the shoulder straps and the chest looks like a tattoo. So the designers are working hard now to make it look more like cloth!

↑You can properly see the line of the clothes!

Q: Could it be that Juri's eye only glows during battle and some of her win poses?

A: That's right! She has the "Feng Shui Engine" in her left eye, so whenever it gets going it lights up.

Q: Give Dhalsim a shoryuken.

A: ?! If we gave Sim a shoryuken, his arms would extend and he'd really launch the opponent. (So in some ways, it would be a real rising dragon...)

Q: Rose's hair is hard like a shell. Would it be possible to soften it up a bit?

A: It would be nice if she had soft flowy hair huh. But I believe she's using hair spray to harden it up. So her hair will stay the same in SSFIV! ...Um...sorry about that...

Q: Please give us the ability to fight cross-platform between PS3 and 360!

A: Sorry! That's not something that we have any power over.

Q: The alternate costumes I bought for SFIV...I don't have to buy these again, right? They'll be in from the beginning?

A: They're not in from the beginning, but if you bought the alternate costumes for SFIV, you'll be able to download them for free!

Q: I'd like another character besides Vega who uses weapons.

A: Nope, I can't say a word!

↑Sakura's getting beat. By who?! (For the second time...)

Q: Please make me stronger. (Commenter: Vega)

A: Wow, a comment from Vega himself! To pour your heart out here of all places...I feel your pain, Lord Vega!

Q: Don't nerf Viper! If you do I'll have to switch to Juri!

A: We're not going to make her weak, so don't worry. But, I would like it if you tried out Juri once!

Q: I wanna go out drinking with Ono.

A: Heh heh, to be honest with you Ono doesn't drink alcohol. He has ginger ale, and I like umeshu on the rocks!

Q: Excuse my bluntness, but the Yoga Tower is awesome! I think it has infinite possibilities!

A: You are pretty blunt. But the dev staff as well as Capcom staff, when they first saw the Yoga Tower they were like "What is that?!". Work hard to bring out those infinite possibilities!

Q: Would it be possible to make a system to be able to give your opponent praise or props after a fight? I'd like some preset comments or greetings.

A: For after the fight...we don't have anything for that. Sorry. But for before the fight! There are some preset comments you can choose from to display in the lobby.

Q: Reading everyone's comments every week and giving us important information...I think you must be pretty tired. Please take care of yourself.

A: Thank you very much. But, thanks to everyone, I came to be a director for SFIV and SSFIV, and I have a lot of joyous memories, so I'm doing just fine!

Q: The 2 patterns of the illustration of Dee Jay on the last blog were pretty good.

A: That was when I showed you the character select image, right? I showed you 2 patterns, and then we took in everyone's advice and the following week brushed it up to the final version, which everyone liked! The designer in charge ran a little over schedule but he got it done!

Q: I heard that at first, Juri was supposed to be a bit more of a well-rounded woman, but I guess its a lot harder to change female models than male ones?

A: As its pretty difficult to change things once the model has been made, first adjustments are made through illustrations, and then the final image is decided on. Juri as well, once her image was decided through the illustrations then her model was made.

The current Juri just when her image was finished.

Q: Thank you for responding to our requests to include the name of the voice actors along with the voice samples for every character.

A: No problem! In fact, getting these requests helps us out a lot! "Please do this" or "I'd be nice if..." please continue to add these into the comments.

Q: I thought of a new move for Honda. The name is "Fundoshi Removal". It will increase his speed.

A: Uh...well, if we put that in, we'd be asking for it from the soccer moms...

Q: Ms. Shiozawa, go for that fight money. As for me, I'll be collecting titles.

A: I've been busy lately, so I haven't played Tekken (?) at all! But Taguchi, who you know from the dev blog, uses Xiaoyu. I haven't fought against him yet, but I will someday!

Q: There's no other official blog out there where such dedication and love is shown to the players. Thank you very much!

A: I also feel the same!

Q: In the background of the car bonus stage, you can see someone from SIN collecting data. I thought that was funny.

A: Yeah...and if you didn't notice, that SIN members is also in other stages collecting data. Haven't you seen those intense movements somewhere before...?

121108.jpg

↑This is someone who SFIV players should know pretty well!

Q: Why didn't you use this poster as the main image for SFIV? I've been wondering about this ever since I bought it.

A: This poster is pretty cool. Seeing all the warriors gathered together like that is an everlasting image. We had Ikeno draw it up not as a poster, but just for the sake of having it, but it was too cool not to make into a poster!

121109.jpg

Q: Rufus's legs are really long! Is this Super Rufus?

A: Hm? ....Holy crap, they are pretty long!

121110.jpg

↑When looking at him together with Viper, Abel, and Fuerte, what you said is accurate.

That's gotta be Super Rufus. He can definitely beat Ken now.

Q: In the end credits you have all the characters appear, but for the characters that haven't been unlocked yet can you make them appear as silhouettes?

A: In SSFIV all characters will be unlocked from the start! The character select screen is now really something else!

Q: If you can pull this off it will be the pinnacle of online fighting games. Good luck with debugging! The SFIV staff, always striving for the best, is really cool!

A: Pinnacle! That sounds nice... We're working hard to bring you a title we'll have no regrets about!

Q: Are the bonus stages accessed through the Challenge Mode? I'd like to be able to play them while waiting in the arcade.

A: Whoops, we missed this! Sorry! You won't be able to select them in the Challenge Mode at first, but after beating Arcade Mode then they will become available through Challenge Mode.

121111.jpg

Q: It would be awesome if the Bonus Stages also had time scoreboards or could be saved to replay!

A: Wow! That would be pretty interesting! But, as we thought of the bonus stages as something for a single player, unfortunately those options aren't available.

Q: No matter how many times I fight him, I always hear Sagat say "The Emperor can be defeated!" What he really means to say is "The Emperor can't be defeated!" right?

A: Yes, he's saying "The Emperor can't be defeated"!

Q: I can't take waiting anymore. Hurry up and show us the new characters!

A: Heh. We're gonna push you to the very limit!

Q: Ken's new voice is great. As I like Ken, I'm a bit envious of Eliza... Will these sample voices be used in the game?

A: Hmm...its possible that they will only be used on the official site. Depending on the voice, some may be used in the game, but as for Ken's "I love you Eliza!" I think that is not used in the game. Probably.

Q: I'd like for the rankings to be done separately by character BP.

A: And we've set it up that way!

Q: For team battles, I'd like to be able to team up with my friends.

A: And we've set it up that way!

Q: For the bonus stages, which way do the characters face? Towards the car, or according to the direction you turn the stick in?

A: Towards the car.

121112.jpg

↑You can almost hear the "WATAH!"

Q: Can we get a bonus stage where we can trash Dan's shabby Saikyo-ryuu Dojo?

A: That's terrible! Poor Dan! ...But, it would be funny to see Dan as his dojo is getting wrecked.

Q: Of course, we'd like the bonus stage music to be the same as before!

A: Its new music! We understand the desire for the old BGM, but its really cool new music, so please look forward to it!

Q: As another alternate costume is fine, but I would like to see a Viper without the necktie.

A: But the necktie is what makes her mature! Without it...then its just pervy!

Q: Come to think of it, how about Santa costumes for the SFIV characters? Out of the SFIV cast, it'd look the best on Gouken wouldn't it?

A: Look good on him...no, he would be Santa! If we put a Santa costume on Gouken, then his nationality would change to Finland...

Q: Please give us one of the ninja characters.

A: First off, we have Guy!

↑Is he angry about something?

Q: While there have already been a lot of people to mention this, I want to say it again so you don't forget. Get rid of having to hit 3 buttons for the ultra!

A: Really sorry to those who hate having to hit 3 buttons for the ultra, but in SSFIV as well, ultras are activated by pressing 3 buttons.

Q: On T.Hawk's profile, his sizes are listed as bust 114 / waist 98 / hips 112, but really? Bust 114?

A: Wow, nice eye! Between ST and A3, there have been characters whose dimensions have changed (Ryu, Ken, Chun, Zangief, Bison, etc...) But in SFIV we're going by the SFII settings, so 114 cm it is!

121114.jpg

↑That big chest is for hugging Julia!

Q: In SSFIV, will all characters be getting new character select portraits?

Will there be all new stages? Will some of the old stages remain?

How about BGM for all of the characters? (having it be stage-dependent would be fine)

A: The characters from SFIV will use the same character select art, no change.

Stages from the original SFIV will be ported over to SSFIV. (We are making the volcano stage a bit less red though!).

Also, we are making specific BGM for all characters!

Q: Will there be new alternate costumers in SSFIV?

A: Just wait for more info! ...Is what I'd like to say, so cut me a little slack here!

Q: Is Rufus's fighting style self-taught Kung-Fu, or mistaken karate?

A: Sorry that this is a bit confusing! According to his character setting, its neither karate or kung-fu. As he watched martial arts movies, he came to put his own spin on moves, so its either karate or kung-fu, but his own style.

121115.jpg

Q: I'd like for there to be several different rival battles. For example, Ryu could have the Sagat rival battle, as well as a Ken rival battle.

A: I also love the rival battles! During the development of SFIV I really looked forward to their implementation. Right now I can't really say anything, but if we're talking about Ryu's rival, of course that would be Ken!

Q: The movement of Cody's chains and the sounds they make are very realistic.

A: Endo, who loves sound effects more than eating three times a day, will be happy to hear that! Endo always gathers the real items from which to make the sound effects, so it takes a lot of work just to record one effect!

121116.jpg

Q: Hey...is that Andre in the distance?

A: Heh heh heh...nice catch. I'm planning to tell you more about the new stages on 12\18, so wait a little while until then!

Q: Guy...Guy's just too cool for words!

A: Yeah, this time Guy has really exceeded expectations as a good-looking guy. But, since he does set up those barrels by himself...that's quite a reduction of cool points...

Q: The kunai heading towards Guy...is that...Ibuki?! Or...Geki?!

A: Ho ho ho. I can't say anything. But just wait a little while longer! However, Gen doesn't throw kunais, rather he throws shurikens!

121117.jpg

Q: Will they ever make a good looking guy character with long legs, a tall nose, sunglasses, slicked back hair, thin, not muscular, but with enough strength to throw down with Zangief, and loves spaghetti?

A: Since the Street Fighters are all pretty unrefined, maybe one day we'll have a cool Italian character such as that. If they do make him, I hope he likes squid ink pasta!

Q: Will SSFIV be sold as a add-on disc for those who already have SFIV?

A: No, we have no plays for that at this time. SSFIV is being built from the ground up, so you have no need for an add-on disc (so its like the engineers are making a brand new game!)

Q: If you got in trouble for hinting at Cody back in June, does that mean that the new characters had already been decided at that time?

A: Nope, not at all. At that time, everyone was still debating over it.

Q: Will there be any objects in the background that can be broken, like barrels or boxes?

A: Unfortunately, we have no plans for that.

Q: When I asked my mom to buy me SFIV, she said "There's gonna be an update, so just wait for that." So yesterday, I asked her to buy SSFIV, and she said "They're gonna make an update to that as well, so just wait for that." So...is there going to be another update?

A: Wow...I feel bad for you. Regarding continuations...honestly, its impossible to say until its actually been decided on, and at this point in time we have no plans, so I don't there will be anything for awhile. (At least, I hope not!) So, please show this blog to your mom so she can buy it for you. SSFIV has enough in it so that we really could call it SFV. So mom, even if you don't want to please buy it!

Q: I'd like for you to be able to make adjustments to the characters and the game even after it goes on sale.

A: Hmm, you mean patches, right? I'm still not really sure, but one thing we worry about are those without network setups. This is only a what-if scenario, but suppose we did make an arcade version - so there'd be some rough spots between those players who did get the patch and those who didn't. We're a little worried about that kind of thing...

Q: It seems like there's been some change to the Revenge Gauge in SSFIV?

A: There is, there is.

121118.jpg

↑The name of the move is now displayed!

Q: The CPU was just too strong in the last game...

A: Yep, it was too strong for me too. So in SSFIV we are making some adjustments to that.

Q: How about a demo as a Christmas present?

A: Sorry! As SFIV didn't have a demo, there are also no plans for a SSFIV demo.

Q: Real street fighters use their surroundings in the fight. It'd be nice if characters could do this instead of just having their moves.

A: I see...that would be an interesting game! However, if we did that, then it wouldn't really be Street Fighter. It'd turn into a different game.

Q: This is a little extreme, but I'd like for a system where if you push one button at the right time, you get a specific combo.

A: Hmm...that would be great for beginners! You'd get more courage out of that. But, as it says on the SFIV poster, "Practice hard and develop your skills" is the basis of this series, so work hard and become stronger!

Q: On the car bonus stage, after wrecking it will the car owner come out and say "Oh my God!" or "Oh my car!"

A: When it was first developed, either the SIN member or the car's owner would come out at random. But if we are destroying cars that someone owns, then it gives off the image of doing something bad. There was a lot of consideration put into it, but ultimately it was decided to leave this out. Sorry!

121119.jpg

↑Pointing at the car he just destroyed, ruthless Guile.

Q: (In SFIV Championship Mode) Currently I'm in G1, but I keep losing points from losing the first match. If this continues, can I be dropped down to G2? Before SSFIV comes out, please tell me the conditions for SS.

A: Okay! First, if you continue to lose points, you will get dropped down to G2. And here are the conditions for SS! The points necessary to rank up from each grade are...

SG-A  300,000

SG-B  200,000

SG-C  150,000

SG-D  100,000

SG-E   70,000

G1-A   50,000

G1-B   40,000

G1-C   30,000

G1-D   20,000

G1-E   15,000

Q: Isn't it about time to show us some new moves and ultras for the existing characters?

A: Oh, nice question! We don't have any trailers for the existing characters in SSFIV yet. So it may take a little while, but around New Year we may have something for you! I really want to show you too, so please look forward to it.

Q: So, what is the release date?

A: Yeah, when is the release date?

Q: 1. Do we get character specific BGM and stages?

2. Will the animation all be new?

3. Will all of the characters have more than one costume?

4. Will there be any hidden surprises?

5. Will there be a movie showcasing everyone's ultras in the near future?

6. Is the staff getting enough sleep? Hang in there without pushing yourselves too hard!

A: 1. Characters are getting their own BGM, however the stages will not be assigned to any one character.

2. The prologue and ending anime are all being re-done.

3. A ha ha, I can't say anything about that!

4. If there was, if I talked about it here it wouldn't be a hidden surprise!

5. Heh heh heh...We've already gotten started on that.

6. We're getting just enough sleep. We're ok!

Q: Will there be a Greatest Hits version of SFIV to go on sale for the PS3 and 360? Are there any plans to sell the Alpha or SF3 series on PS3 or 360?

A: There are no plans for either at this time. I have heard nothing about it. But it would be nice...

Q: Guy is American?

A: In Final Fight he was Japanese, but in Alpha 3 he became American. As the Guy in SSFIV is based on A3, SSFIV Guy is also representing America!

121120.jpg

Q: Won't there be any characters from 3S? Also, regarding adjustments for the existing characters and system, and the release date...can you just give us a general estimate?

A: 3S characters...I can't really say anything about that. We've definitely heard a lot of clamor over them. Regarding the existing characters, we've been adjusting them! But when you tweak one character, then you have to look at the balance for all of them, so its a bit difficult.

Q: Can you at least tell us if there aren't going to be any more characters from Alpha?

A: Hmm...well... Sorry!

Q: Will there be any special features for SFIV included in SSFIV?

A: We are currently discussing this internally. Please look forward to it!

Q: How many completely unknown surprises are left?

A: I can't tell you how many completely unknown surprises there are!

Q: The voice for the announcer that you hear at the character select and at the beginning and during the round seems to have changed. Is it the same voice from the SFIV loketests?

A: Yes! The voice for all of the narration has been changed. We thought we'd change it up to give the sound guy, Endo, a real surprise when he played. The "SFIV loketest guy" is the localization lead for SFIV as well as SSFIV, Debito!

Q: Will SSFIV be able to run at 1080p?

A: No.

Q: "When we get home, stop playing games! If you've got that much free time, at least be a Dad and help out around the house!" I tried explaining that games are like sports or shogi and require a high level of skill, but...

A: Oh..ah...I agree with you. We'll work hard trying to get an arcade version out there!

Q: Will there be a PC version?

A: Undecided.

Q: Will Abel be in the game!

A: Huh? Of course he is! All characters from SFIV will be in the game!

121121.jpg

Q: I'd love to be able to practice on the go, so how about a PSP version?

A: Eh...That's pretty difficult. If you want to practice, you have to be able to do so on a version that's not inferior to the arcade. More than technical issues, that's what I'm concerned about.

And that's a wrap!

Wow, this was really something else. This was the biggest Q&A of the series. In MS Word it was 22 pages. Wow! That's like a thesis paper!

Please continue to write your opinions, requests, questions, support, expectations, and any news of places with delicious foods!

Well then, see you next week!

121121.jpg

121101.jpg

121102.jpg

121103.jpg

121104.jpg

121107.jpg

121105.jpg

121106.jpg

121109.jpg

121111.jpg

121112.jpg

121116.jpg

121117.jpg

121119.jpg

121120.jpg

Edited by Dan_Dare

Jesus, Dante. Spoiler this wall of text guff, please. You can reduce a post about 5 pages long to a single line of text.