NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

How are you guys doing in Championship mode? I dont really understand the CP but i won my first tournament and leveled up to G3, whatever that means. Its getting harder to find matches though (on PSN) :(

It looks like the Street Fighter IV 'Dash' rumours are true. 10 new characters (from previous installments in the series) new stages, music and other tweaks.

Capcom have stated they will be making a SF announcement at TGS.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/sep/17/rumor-street-fighter-iv-dash-characters/

intereeeesting......I love this game but tbh I haven't played it in freakin ageeeees....

T.Hawk on SFIV in the background....

150080-ssfiv.jpg

Didn't know Peter Andre was a Street Fighter fan!

:laughing:

also there is another version that pic which is big which shows a large S behind the Streetfighter IV logo...

also there is another version that pic which is big which shows a large S behind the Streetfighter IV logo...

Super Street Fighter IV?

I think Capcom are set to announce something tomorrow anyway. According to Capcom-Unity.

Super Street Fighter IV?

I think Capcom are set to announce something tomorrow anyway. According to Capcom-Unity.

yup thats what everyone seems to be thinking.

Super Street Fighter 4 then Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo.

Capcom never change. :sad:

Edited by Dante

Capcom never changed. :sad:

true but makes me kinda glad I held off...

Capcom should be looking really closely at BlazBlue's online system, and copying it. That has got to be some of the best netcode evar. Also, lobby system please.

Capcom never change. :sad:

Yeah but in this new age of DLC we live in, there is no need for them to bring the game to disc again just to slap a 'super' on it and a few new chars/refinements... all of this could be added via dlc surely?

If they are going down the disc route again then I shan't be buying.

Yeah but in this new age of DLC we live in, there is no need for them to bring the game to disc again just to slap a 'super' on it and a few new chars/refinements... all of this could be added via dlc surely?

If they are going down the disc route again then I shan't be buying.

If totally agree. If you look at Wipeout Fury or even Fallout, and the amount of extra content that was made available, then it should be relatively simple to add in the few extra characters and the super tag as well as much need better lobby system that mat spoke of.

Its all true about the DLC stuff look at how many times Burnout Paradise has redesigned it title screen and UI etc...May mean the original is cheaper which would be good if New Warrior really doesn't offer anything new.

Exactly what i was thinking.

New fighter is called Juri.

New ultra system.

More screens:

SuperStreetFighterIV_logo.jpg

t9iamv.jpg

ftj09x.jpg

4ftmxh.jpg

2z6toxj.jpg

1zqee6e.jpg

i4mf5f.jpg

abnzow.jpg

The rumours coming true?

* The previously leaked characters are all said to be in the game. Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Dudley, Ibuki, Makoto, Adon, Cody and Guy. The new characters are rumored to be:

o Hakan - An Arabic grappler obsessed with oil.

o Juri - Evil Asian girl fighter working for Seth.

* All characters will have two Ultras. They will both be available at one time, not selectable like with Third Strike's Super Arts. The commands to execute your Ultras do not overlap.

o It sounds like the characters from Third Strike are set up with their prior Super Arts. They had three in that game, so one will be their Super and the other two their Ultras.

o Gen has four Ultras because of his two fighting styles. One of these is said to be an Air Ultra.

o All characters still have one Super, except Sakura who apparently has a Shinkuu Hadoken (Super Fireball) as well.

* Some characters will have Air Ultras.

* The Bonus Stages will be returning.

* This will be an exclusive arcade release at least for a few months.

* An official announcement is said to be coming at the Tokyo Game Show and on the Japanese Street Fighter 4 blog soon.

* Expect the return of the many familiar Supers, and a few new ones like Metsu Shoryuken. You'll see the return of Chun-Li's Kikosho (Super Fireball), Gouken's Denjin, Sagat's Tiger Cannon (Super Fireball).

* Ibuki has a run command.

* Guile has his Sonic Hurricane move from Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

* Dudley has his Chain combos from Third Strike, plus one additional Chain combo.

* Cody is the only character with an Alpha Counter and he still has his knife. He supposedly needs his knife to perform one of his Ultras.

* Rufus can cancel-break the last hit of his Spectacle Romance, or the launch kick of Space Opera Symphony.

* Guy has his Chain combos.

* Makoto has her Tanden Renki Super from Third Strike.

* Zangief is said to have a 720 degree motion Air Ultra called the Siberian Blizzard.

* The game takes place one year after Street Fighter 4.

* Dudley was searching for his car in Third Strike, in this game he's searching for a rose.

* T. Hawk's storyline involves him protecting Juni or Juli.

* Dhalsim's new Ultra is called the Yoga Shangri'la.

* There's a new gameplay system called Tadan Saving, the phrase implies a multi-hitting or multiple-level Focus Attack.

* The console characters are all said to be added to the upcoming arcade release, with the possible exceptions of Seth and Gouken.

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

This definately wont be DLC. But it also sounds like the console versions wont hit anytime soon.

So who all plans on getting this besides me?

I'll more than likely get it, but probably for my laptop again unless i decide to get a ps3 or xbox in the mean time.

I was hoping for DLC seeing as the first iteration hasn't been out 6 months on PC yet.

I think i read on SRK that it would be the huge sonic boom that just sits infront of him from C vs SNK 2.

I like guile's ultra, it looks quality... not too keen on the stupid motion needed to do it though.

:EDIT:

Just re-read Dantes post its in there too :)