NEurope
Dante

Super/Street Fighter IV

Got my copy. Got my ass handed to me soo many times online. DEPRESSING.

same here...god i suck! Finding it so hard to pull off moves with dualshock lol...I'm not great to start with but this makes it even harder!

I got the game too. Dhalsim TShirt is comedy :)

Only had a few games and never played Street Fighter 4 so it's a little overwhelming so far to be honest. Just went online and played MatTheHat, didn't too badly considering though I chose characters I could play as (old school fighters), but combos and stuff I have no idea. Looking forward to diving into it though.

I love Tatsunoko, and thankfully this plays very differently. I'll enjoy both, at the min I prefer Tatsunoko but I think the depth of this game will really start to shine once I invest some time. Unfortunately I'm going away for nearly a month on saturday... But I'll be up for it once I get back. Endless Battle seems like a great way of getting a few of us together and having a good time!!!

Got my copy. Got my ass handed to me soo many times online. DEPRESSING.

It seems like they have really nerfed the Shoto's to me, maybe to encourage the use of the 'newcomers'. But Ryu is taking way more damage than he used to - I'm sure of it.

Juri is a beast though.

same here...god i suck! Finding it so hard to pull off moves with dualshock lol...I'm not great to start with but this makes it even harder!

Fightstick ftw!

I have this one mate.

51Eaop7matL._AA300_.jpg

Its allright, but I have heard those Hori sticks are pretty good, especially if they are only £39.99.

Why would you use dual shock... if you have a PS3 use the d-pad surely.

Just got my copy from rip-off Blockbusters. I went in and picked up the box and it clearly said £24.99, so I take it up to the counter and the woman said "Sorry, the website has changed the price just this second so it's £29.99 now", I said "But the website said it was £25" and she said "I know but it's just this second changed to £30." I said "Surely there's some law saying you should buy it for the price you set it.." and she said "It's company policy, we can change the price in the first twenty-four hours of its release". So I asked for the number to speak to the manager and bought the game. I went home and told them what happened and he phoned up my local blockbusters and she lied saying I picked it up with the £30 sticker on it. The bloke said "Don't worry, we'll send out a five pound voucher to you"

What a joke! Still, it's a good game and at least some form of justice was served.

Edited by Animal

Why would you use dual shock... if you have a PS3 use the d-pad surely.

Yeah I use the d-pad but struggle to get my quarter turns done properly. Not consistently anyway.

Apparently Guile is a beast in this game :D Very nice.

I was listening to his theme for SFII. Quite possibly the greatest piece of SF music there's ever been.

Apparently Guile is a beast in this game :D Very nice.

I was listening to his theme for SFII. Quite possibly the greatest piece of SF music there's ever been.

Yeah I agree he is.

Yeah I agree he is.

Yeah I've heard they've made his Flash Kick have better priority and upped his damage output. After exams I'm gonna check this game out; Guile was my favourite character in SFIV but man he like NO comeback potential and a useless ultra :angry:

I was just listening to his SFII theme, holy crap that should be the American Anthem its so epic.

I think I'm gonna have to get this. I didn't get properly into SSF4 cause of Uni bullshit. Thankfully, I'll have the entire summer to master this.

I think I'm gonna have to get this. I didn't get properly into SSF4 cause of Uni bullshit. Thankfully, I'll have the entire summer to master this.

Bard you use Arcade sticks right? Which one do you use for your xbox? I wanna get this (obv) to master Guile but need a decent arcade stick.

Played this game for over 22 hours already, only got it thursday night :D Love it :D

Bard you use Arcade sticks right? Which one do you use for your xbox? I wanna get this (obv) to master Guile but need a decent arcade stick.

You don't really need an arcade stick to master a charge character (such as Guile).

I'd say charge characters need sticks far more than shoto style does. Things like crouch charging so you don't move backwards need fairly precise control and I've found it pretty easy to slip off that with a fightpad.

I'd say charge characters need sticks far more than shoto style does. Things like crouch charging so you don't move backwards need fairly precise control and I've found it pretty easy to slip off that with a fightpad.

With the fightpad, I find I can cancel from a Jump kick to medium punch to sonic boom to Double flash kick to Flash explosion. This is after a few hrs practice in the training mode today. Just requires precise and VERY FAST input but I can almost do it at will if my fingers are well rested :grin:

I'm defo going to get an arcade stick once I'm paid on 15th, can't decide which one though.

I'm sooo tempted to get a PS3 solely for this game... I just can't justify spending £250+ essentially for one game though :(

I'm sooo tempted to get a PS3 solely for this game... I just can't justify spending £250+ essentially for one game though :(

Theres dozens of other games that justify a PS3 purchase, and SSFIV is high on the list

I finally had a decent online session today and got the Fivesome trophy and C Rank with E. Honda, who is apparently the only fighter i can win with.

Woo, it's finally heeere :D Not had a chance to jump on yet but I can't wait. Wearing my Dhalsim shirt now for lols.

Buy a PS3 for Uncharted 2 and have SSFIV has a lovely bonus.

My curiousity is picked. Anybody care to post a pic of that Dhalsim T-shirt?

I was brave this weekend and ventured into the online arena. Somehow... I won. I was Ruy, and I was up against Juri (same ranking as me - loooow), and while it was a very close shave... I actually won. Sweet banana, there is someone worse than me!

Fear me, lowest and weakest echelon of the online SSFIV-community, for I TRAMPLE on thee! Muhahahahahaha etc.

Let me have my fun. ;)

My curiousity is picked. Anybody care to post a pic of that Dhalsim T-shirt?

I was brave this weekend and ventured into the online arena. Somehow... I won. I was Ruy, and I was up against Juri (same ranking as me - loooow), and while it was a very close shave... I actually won. Sweet banana, there is someone worse than me!

Fear me, lowest and weakest echelon of the online SSFIV-community, for I TRAMPLE on thee! Muhahahahahaha etc.

Let me have my fun. ;)

I will pop it on and post a pic when i get home tonight.