Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

ah fair doos.

Still, cool place. The uni there is pretty awesome- I'd definitely have applied if i wasn't native.

Hallam or the other sheffield uni? apprently the other sheffield uni is not so good. But I seem to have picked the right one and I'm going to be working my arse off til the end of may (which is like 3 weeks eek!) go scrap together 68 points to get to uni :)

It did frighten me though, his house he lives in (rented) I was on the top floor and he was on the middle, while it was a nice room, it was quite scary realising I was on my own, but slightly cool too. haha!

actually it depends on the subject. sheffield uni offers strong courses in traditional academia, while Hallam has a good reputation for stuff like phisiotherapy as it's an ex poly. Both good in their ways, but not very comprable.

Hallam or the other sheffield uni? apprently the other sheffield uni is not so good. But I seem to have picked the right one and I'm going to be working my arse off til the end of may (which is like 3 weeks eek!) go scrap together 68 points to get to uni :)

It did frighten me though, his house he lives in (rented) I was on the top floor and he was on the middle, while it was a nice room, it was quite scary realising I was on my own, but slightly cool too. haha!

Hallam or the main uni is apparently not so good? Because I know people at both :p But yeah I quite liked Sheffield. Wouldn't mind going back there again, and certain people may have no choice about it :p

Hallam or the main uni is apparently not so good? Because I know people at both :p But yeah I quite liked Sheffield. Wouldn't mind going back there again, and certain people may have no choice about it :p

It depends tbh, I was asking about both (I didn't really know much about either at the time) and always got more positive remarks about sheffield hallam specially for gaming/computing, which is what I've applied for!

I don't really mind which imo, I love sheffield and I think the hallam was quite welcoming when I went for my interview =]

Mhm I think (but I know little about it really) Uni is more for standard courses (languages, sciences etc) whereas Hallam is more alternative and stuff (creative etc).

Sleepy. Need to wake up!

my parents work at both :D it's pretty amusing when they squabble over which is better.

I didn't realise you were both around the city so much. we could cross teh wires next time and meet for a beverage...

It takesme about 2 hours to get there, so it wouldn't be too difficult :)

my parents work at both :D it's pretty amusing when they squabble over which is better.

I didn't realise you were both around the city so much. we could cross teh wires next time and meet for a beverage...

If "both of you" includes me then I just pop up on average once a year to visit people. But perhaps, perhaps :p

Reading How I Met Your Mother script. I think I have decided to go for scriptwriter (but this is me, I could change my mind again soon). So yeah, research as so to speak.

And my friend said he shall talk me through ISAs tomorrow as he used to be a banker. About time I put my money somewhere useful.

that's true.

all my friends in sheffield are weirdos it's brilliant.

not to imply that jay is, I was just thinking about who I know there.

haha! My mate who now I think might end up as an ex mate is there obviously, but other than that I know nobody (except you lot, but that's not exactly irl..>_>)

Guest Stefkov
Yeah it's definitely better than manchester. Manchester is a horrible place.

:blank:

If that's not sarcasm I'd like to know why.

I went to Sheffield for a day and I hated it. The atmosphere was dull. On a weekday aswell.

Manchester is bustling every day, I'd stay here for Uni if I didn't want to move away.

I went to Sheffield for a day and I hated it. The atmosphere was dull. On a weekday aswell.

Manchester is bustling every day, I'd stay here for Uni if I didn't want to move away.

See I love manchester I always have, being born there and whatnot, but I don't know why you aren't seeing what I see at sheffield, it's basically the same place!

I quite liked it saturday there was a huge market on with crepes and beer and such around, it looked and was great! :yay: Shame I didn't get to stick around much. I find sheffield alot homlier than manchester, plus it's got some great museums (yes, yawn but :heart: ) and such there too! Plus carling meadowhall :heart:

Guest Stefkov
See I love manchester I always have, being born there and whatnot, but I don't know why you aren't seeing what I see at sheffield, it's basically the same place!

It didn't feel as lively as Manchester. I probably didn't go to the right place, but still, it's busy all around Manchester.

On the path from my car to the Uni there were homeless guys slept outside some cafe or something. The area just felt crap.

Maybe the journey made me fatigued, all those hills and snow got boring after the first one, and I just wanted to get it over and done with.

It didn't feel as lively as Manchester. I probably didn't go to the right place, but still, it's busy all around Manchester.

On the path from my car to the Uni there were homeless guys slept outside some cafe or something. The area just felt crap.

Maybe the journey made me fatigued, all those hills and snow got boring after the first one, and I just wanted to get it over and done with.

It definately is quieter than manchester to be sure, but on saturday is was busy as hell.

It'd be more suited for me, while I like bussiness it can get way too overpowering in manchester for me. It's definately a good place to be for music as dan said!

:yay:

Guest Stefkov

Music isn't for me. Raving and whatnot isn't what I enjoy.

Manchester's busy Market Street is awesome. It's awesome to watch a dude selling one last copy of the Big Issue, when it's sold takes off his bib and walks through the crowd. I wanted to follow him but I lost him in the end.

Still, I'm going to a quieter place than what I experienced at Sheffield. The town wasn't great and was quiet but it was the Uni that sold me.

What about Liverpool NightWolf? :p

Liverpools loverly but there's two flaws:

My ex is there

Shefs/manc are better.

As much as I love both liverpool and manchester, I prefer the uni and I like living there too.

edit: my other ex is in sheffield, but he's a whole lot easier to forget about.

Music in Sheffield is ace cakes. off the top of my head:

Simian Mobile Disco

Hot Chip

Squarepusher

Arol Alkan

Digitalism

Justice

The Whip

We Are Scientists

Robots in Disguise

Battles

Mix Master Mike

have all been in the last couple of years, often more than once, and I've seen most of them too.

It just feels horrible and unwelcome there. Nobody ever smiles. Everytime I go people are ignorant and rude.

EDIT: look at the crime statistics for Nottingham.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/tool/default.asp?region=8&force=5&cdrp=213&l1=0&l2=0&l3=0⊂=0&v=36

What a wonderful place.

London is even better.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/tool/default.asp?region=9&force=17&l1=0&l2=0&l3=0⊂=0&v=36