Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Music!

Cube

After not even looking at this twice upon release after reading everything in here I am seriously considering getting this. As I have a US Wii I've been watching videos about the game on the Nintendo Channel and I must say it seems to have so much depth. I really want to try this now. I wish I could rent it but I might just take the plunge after xmas.

How many nintendo songs are on the game?

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many nintendo songs are on the game?

Dissapointingly few. The Zelda and Mute City ones are the best, but there's also the (IMO overused) Mario theme and the Animal Crossing title music, plus a couple of bizarre choices: Wii Sports and KK Blues. And that's it, unless you count the Wii Music theme itself.

I sent you a few vids flameboy.

Well, quite a few actually. :heh: But that's what happens when you're late to the party. :laughing:

Hope you enjoy 'em anyway, please send me some of yours too!

: peace:

Dude, you'll have to add me on this as well! Although it's a Christmas present so you'll have to add me on Christmas day or after! Looking forward to playing it! : peace:

Dude, you'll have to add me on this as well! Although it's a Christmas present so you'll have to add me on Christmas day or after! Looking forward to playing it! : peace:
Will do.

No need to add you though, as the game uses the Wii console code. :awesome:

Mike and dazzybee, got your new vids today, cheers.

I'm still tinkering away on a few different ones, will send them out as soon as I'm happy with them.

icon4.gif

For anyone that's interested, part 3 of the Iwata Wii Music interview is up:

http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/wii_music/vol3_page1.jsp

Good read and loads of great videos too. icon14.gif

I'm sorry my vids are pretty rubbish, I haven't been able to put much time into it and I usually aply with my girlfriend who isn't really into plotting out exactly how we're going to do it and rerecording dodgy bits! We love the game, but I think we need to have a bit more quality control :)

We still need to do the one person does one instrument and pass it on though :) Should create an order!

I sent out a new Mute City vid to everyone on my roster last night, complete with additional F-Zero character Miis, (the original SNES cast! :awesome:) that I made (except Falcon who's from the Contest Channel) especially for the performance. :heh:

On the Electro stage again (my favourite stage) pay attention to the visuals on the screen while the different Miis play. :wink:

I had such a great laugh making this song, was literally crying with laughter when it came to Falcon's air guitar intro! Had to do multiple recordings due to cracking up all the time, so yeah it's far from perfect. :laughing:

Yeah, that Mute City vid was very nicely planned. Loved your Samurai Goroh Mii too! I think I've lost the knack for this game at the moment - my last few videos haven't been that great, and I was tinkering around for half an hour this evening and couldn't produce anything remotely worth listening to! :/ Hope to get back into it again someday, but for now I'm going to give it a break - I've rented Disaster from Love Film so that should keep me busy for a while. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know the locomotion video I sent sucks ass, but I wanted to send it anyway. The drum beats were off and too loud so the whole music sounds bad. I kinda like the K.K. Blues one, specially the cover :P I've been catching up on the videos Red Shell, Dazzy and Mike sent (no one else I have on the Wii has the game) and top notch stuff there!

Got this on christmas and have had a go. Its pretty cool, but I suck on it. I just wish there was an option of having the notes on screen so you know when to do it and when not to so if you wanna make it perfect you can, even with improvisation

Bit dismayed that Open Orchestra only has 5 songs on it. I had fun with that

Got this on christmas and have had a go. Its pretty cool, but I suck on it. I just wish there was an option of having the notes on screen so you know when to do it and when not to so if you wanna make it perfect you can, even with improvisation.

Press - button?

• 1 month later...

Wii Music didn't become the breakout hit Nintendo was hoping for. It was a sales disappointment of sorts. Nintendo President Satoru Iwata thinks the software elicits one of two reactions.

Nintendo Co., Ltd. just released a Q&A that was held during last week's Nintendo Third Quarter Financial Results Briefing in Tokyo, where president Iwata conceded: "I agree that Wii Music, as of now, has not achieved its true potential. On the other hand, I feel that Wii Music is a software that elicits largely two extremely different reaction from consumers. There are people who highly appreciate it and those who do not appreciate it at all."

Continuing, Iwata points out that the typical reaction towards a game is that lots of people enjoy a game and the buzz towards that game becomes positive — or vice versa. "For Wii Music, the impression seems to completely depend on each individual player," said Iwata. "It is unfortunate that Wii Music was not immediately appealing enough to some consumers, but it simply might have not been the right game for them."

That's not to say Nintendo has given up on the title. Iwata points out that when Brain Age originally launched in Japan, the game didn't become a hit until Brain Age 2 went on sale.

"We do not like to think that we failed with Wii Music nor that we should abandon sales support," sai Iwata. "If we had approached Brain Age with that mentality, the software would have not achieved the current sales situation."

Wii Music was launched along with Animal Crossing: City Folk at the end of 2008 in hopes of appealing to Japanese consumers and "revitalize the Wii market in Japan." Continuing, Iwata said, "Our efforts have not lived up to our expectation. While Wii had very strong momentum in the overseas markets, the Wii market in Japan (during the year-end sales season) showed a slow start, did not show sharp trajectory in sales, and ended up moving back to the sales level of non-sales-season level quickly."

In short: "So, what happened at the end of last year in Japan was simply that it did not go as we had planned."

Iwata is very quick to point out that the sales figures for both Wii Music and Animal Crossing: City Folk are "nowhere near that of failing software." Nintendo has extremely high sales expectations for its titles — these games did not meet those sales expectations. "To generate strong sales," Iwata added, "we need to effectively communicate Nintendo's messages to our consumers."

I won't say anything :D

like the game or not this is good news for the industry.. I said it from the start this game pushed it! Too casual for it's own good and i hope this sends a good message to them.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!