N-Europe

PC Gaming Discussion

McPhee

Smexy.

If you're looking to upgrade the GPU, the Nvidia GTX760 just hit, and delivers great performance at a pretty good price.

Indeed! I'm waiting til the end of the year, perhaps when I have more funds.

@dr4hkon I was very against it myself, it looks incredibly uncomfortable, but actually, its pretty great!

@dr4hkon I was very against it myself, it looks incredibly uncomfortable, but actually, its pretty great!

Maybe if I ever get back into PC gaming, I'll consider getting one of them.

But right now I'm happy to make my PC run so I can surf the internet -.-

alright who here has modded SKyrim using ENB?

i already have some really good texture packs on Skyrim as it is

ScreenShot2_zpsdf3a37b2.png

(not the best of screen shots, the image seems to be of poor resolution)

Well i decided i could make it even more realistic and installed ENB and some configuration packs for it, and the terrain and sky and lighting were immense......but something went wrong with the water, it was stationary and mainly green.

i removed all tonights work and the issue was still there,and somewhere along the line the W.A.T.E.R mod had gone wierd so i removed it in favour of a pure water mod,altering the field of view under water in the ini files and a green filter removing mod

now my question i suppose is, do i re install ENB? as although it looked epic, my frame rate was between 19 and 30, where as normally i'm running between 30 and 60 (closer to 60)...do any of you have the ultra realistic mods on? is it playable like that or is it more for screen shots than performance

alright who here has modded SKyrim using ENB?

i already have some really good texture packs on Skyrim as it is

ScreenShot2_zpsdf3a37b2.png

(not the best of screen shots, the image seems to be of poor resolution)

Well i decided i could make it even more realistic and installed ENB and some configuration packs for it, and the terrain and sky and lighting were immense......but something went wrong with the water, it was stationary and mainly green.

i removed all tonights work and the issue was still there,and somewhere along the line the W.A.T.E.R mod had gone wierd so i removed it in favour of a pure water mod,altering the field of view under water in the ini files and a green filter removing mod

now my question i suppose is, do i re install ENB? as although it looked epic, my frame rate was between 19 and 30, where as normally i'm running between 30 and 60 (closer to 60)...do any of you have the ultra realistic mods on? is it playable like that or is it more for screen shots than performance

Haha I remember these problems. Everything you experienced is natural in that this causes that to go weird or that causes framerate drops. etc. Some of the water mods are dodgy. Be careful which one you use as one was notorious for corrupting game saves. IIRC When I installed ENB, my fps went from 60+ down to 20-40 so yeah that's natural. There are some that are less graphics intensive but you are going to have to look around in the comments section of the nexus forums to get the verdict on those.

I havent touched skyrim in almost a year so I am a bit out of the loop, but it's surprising to see that some problems still persist. Back then, some mod combinations were recommended to only be turned on if your machine was a beast or you wanted to take pictures and that's it.

If you don't, use a mod manager to install the mods and get them from the skyrimnexus as mods can conflict with each other causing serious issues, and mod managers back then handled this much better than the steam workshop.

i'm using the mod managers, i learned that lesson back with fallout 3!

it does seem some issues are extremely prevalent still, and half of the things i have seen only seem to work in specific situations, at this point i'm wondering if its worth adding any more really, it looks 10 times better than the console version, i've improved the deficient bits of the game and patched the broken bits, enb might be something i leave for quite some time as it seems several of the newer ENB mods state the current nVidia drivers don't even work with them, so i'm not downgrading drivers just to have extra fancy lens flair, darker but more realistically lit dungeons and grass that separates as i fart walking through it

it does seem some issues are extremely prevalent still, and half of the things i have seen only seem to work in specific situations, at this point i'm wondering if its worth adding any more really, it looks 10 times better than the console version, i've improved the deficient bits of the game and patched the broken bits, enb might be something i leave for quite some time as it seems several of the newer ENB mods state the current nVidia drivers don't even work with them, so i'm not downgrading drivers just to have extra fancy lens flair, darker but more realistically lit dungeons and grass that separates as i fart walking through it

Yeah this is one of the reason's I stopped playing skryim. Did all that I wanted to do, none of the mods fixed my main gripe with skyrim which was the combat, and so much work just to play a game. Still have it installed on my machine too :S

EDIT: I really hope that bethesda look at their mod system and give it a revamp as it creates more stability issues on top of their own mistakes with their game engine.

Edited by Deathjam

Some games mods are too much hassle. I miss BF2's mods and other crazy mods back in the day when games were designed with mods in mind :)

Not just for the tradingcards right? :p

I’m too crap at it, and it’s not my favourite FPS, but I’m up for an N-E TF gamenight.

Haha, no definitely not. I find them amusing, but other than that I'm not interested.

That'd be cool, I've been really missing co-op/multiplayer gaming with people I know recently.

:grin:

Moral of the story: never buy a Laptop :p for gaming.

If more people are up for it, someone should suggest a date. I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere tomorrow.

Speaking of this, I'll be on Steam pretty much all day. ID: WolfyNE.

Although if you can, let me know, give me a hint of who you are, it gets a bit confusing trying to keep track of people otherwise. :blank:

Will ask this here instead of the "Tech Talk" forums.

This is my motherboard.

Since I'll be getting a new PSU, as my current one is fucked up, I decided to maybe get a new graphics card, as well.

Right now my PC is equipped with this one.

Don't want to play newer games with ultra high settings, but I'd like a bit more power.

I have no clue what to look for, so I need help from you guys :p

Willing to spend about 250€ for the card. Don't have a lot more money available because a PSU will probably cost me 60€-80€.

What about this?

Will ask this here instead of the "Tech Talk" forums.

This is my motherboard.

Since I'll be getting a new PSU, as my current one is fucked up, I decided to maybe get a new graphics card, as well.

Right now my PC is equipped with this one.

Don't want to play newer games with ultra high settings, but I'd like a bit more power.

I have no clue what to look for, so I need help from you guys :p

Willing to spend about 250€ for the card. Don't have a lot more money available because a PSU will probably cost me 60€-80€.

What about this?

Starting with the graphics card, it's a very good choice. It's that "sweet spot" good performance for a very good price. Problem though is that the GTX 760 ,770 etc have been released which should drive down the price (and stock/availabilty) of the GTX 660 but that does not seem to have happened yet. At the budget, you could manage getting the superiour 760 which will play newer games at max settings.

That said, taking a look at the motherboard, you may get cpu locked on certain games meaning no matter how good you graphics card is, the cpu will bring your performance down. Not sure on this though as you may have a high end Core 2 Quad processor that still performs.

As for the PSU, don't be afraid to get an expensive one as it 's one of the most important part of the computer. To give your GPU the power it needs I recommend at least a 650 WATT PSU with at least bronze certification like this one. Hope this helps.

At the budget, you could manage getting the superiour 760 which will play newer games at max settings.

Hm, maybe I'll wait a little longer then. Especially when I should go for a more expensive PSU.

Not sure on this though as you may have a high end Core 2 Quad processor that still performs.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E6850.

So no Quad here.

Edit: How difficult is it to connect all the stuff to the PSU? Might order one from Amazon instead of going to a local PC shop. Will save me the repair costs.

Anyone interested in playing borderlands 2 sometime? Quite ashamed that it's such a good game yet I haven't completed it despite getting quite close to the end.

EDIT: oh and added you on steam @nightwolf. Will get around to PSN sometime.

Sure! I've put in quite a few hours into BL2, but my friend and I stopped the co-op as we got distracted by other games. Just yell at me if you want to play.

Speaking of this, I'll be on Steam pretty much all day. ID: WolfyNE.

Although if you can, let me know, give me a hint of who you are, it gets a bit confusing trying to keep track of people otherwise. :blank:

I just added you.

I try to be consistent with my names, but sometimes I have to change my nicks due to unavailability, or more frequently, due to incompatibility with accents :rolleyes:.

My accountname is:

nat_king_cole

But my non-unique in-game profile name is (usually) just Sméagol. There are so many Sméagols on Steam.. But I’m the only one with a Sackboy avatar :p.

You’re also not in the NE Steam group yet I see, Me or Deathjam can take care of that.

Hm, maybe I'll wait a little longer then. Especially when I should go for a more expensive PSU.

[..]

Somone on another forum got the suggestion to just wait until the likes of Battlefield 4 and Watchdogs and such come out. You’ll have more time to save money, and by that time a clearer view of the hardware you’ll need and more money to spend it on.

I am in the market for a decent gaming PC, and was advised to wait until next gen hits. The games being developed for PS4 and Xbone should give us an understanding of what the requirements of PC are to run those games. (Similar advice to Smeagol's above) Fare logic I suppose.

Also, I've noticed the TF2 event made by Smeagol, awesome idea!

Any other games people play? I love Counter-Strike: GO, but suck so bad.