NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Just got The Witcher! Will install it tomorrow i think

Wahey! 'bout time.

I need someone to talk to about this game, this thread is too damn quiet ¬_¬

Just started playing Crysis. Never had so much fun driving into buildings and throwing barrels into houses

Just started playing Crysis. Never had so much fun driving into buildings and throwing barrels into houses

Crysis is one seriously good game, its just so detailed and open. One of the top 3 games I played this year.

Wahey! 'bout time.

I need someone to talk to about this game, this thread is too damn quiet ¬_¬

thoughts on it so far? (without spoilers plz)

My thoughts are, it's fucking awesome.

It is a little buggy (perhaps you could run it on max and tell me your PC specs, might be my pc i don't know).

It's better and a hell of a lot smoother now i've got me 8800GT in there.

Combat's fairly simple, bit a of a let down, all about timing your mouse clicks and picking the right stance/sword for your enemies (which isn't hard).

also, be nice to all the women, always pick the nice option when talking to them, always tell them there's time to talk, you'll see why :p

I bought that game, played it for an hour then sold it.

No shit, i hated it.

I hated it too, looked buggy and way too much rpg for a shooter. Maybe just not my kind of game.

What's with all the awesome looking pc games just not living up to standards? (looks at Stalker, hellgate, quake wars.)

Crysis is a letdown because it's a bastard to get it to run well, and look good.

I asked it to give me ideal settings, and it threw everything as high as it would go :|

I think it was jsut jusging the GPU, it did NOT run well.

The Witcher however, is extremely underrated, besides it being a little buggy (maybe patched sometime..) and simple combat.

I've heard the actual gameplay is just "good". That's it, nothing more, nothing less.

I'd much prefer Crysis if it's requirements were high (as in, high but runnable on my system) but not pointlessy huge like they are.

Only thing really holding me to Crysis is breaking stuff and attempting to kill people with chickens

I loved Stalker. The storyline was laughable but the gameplay was grand.

Try downloading the UT3 beta drivers (169.28) and playing Crysis in DX9 mode.

Crysis lives and dies by it's AI, the open world and dynamic combat means there's alot of room for error if the AI doesn't respond properly. I've started playing through it again, there are some great set pieces, and the game makes you feel like a fucking hero sometimes. :heh:

Anyone remember Stalker?

<3

I loved Stalker. The storyline was laughable but the gameplay was grand.

Agreed, Stalker was a fantastic game, even with it's silly story. I can't wait for Stalker: Clear Sky.

And whilst we're also on the topic of Crysis, I finally decided to buy the game. I'll install it later methinks...

Who else here still palys CSS and TF2 here? They're still the 2 games i'm playing most on PC.

i play TF2 from time to time

We still need to get a forum game going! Who's up for it?