NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Ooh, lovely. I'm not overly confident about the new expansion, but new races are always welcome.

Didn't know where to put this, so it can go here.

I want the Hoodie Alyx wears in Ep2 (probly wears it in ep1 and HL2 also). Grey, with a zipper down the middle, and the Black Mesa logo.

Valve should sell that.

Okay, I've completed Crysis, here's my thoughts...

PROS

- First half of the game was really fun and open ended

- Great weapons

- At one point I jumped onto a tank, it kept on driving backwards, then drove into a gas station, so I ran off and blew up the gas pumps, that was a hilarious moment. XD

- The Harbour level was awesome, probably the best moment in the game!

- Weapons were great

CONS

- second half a bit too linear

- The aliens aren't that scary in the core level

- Difficulty was a bit stupid

- Suit powers didn't last long enough

- Last boss sucked. There were so many bugs, that I had to restart twice. Locking on with the TAC-gun was boring too.

The ending was a bit crap too, it just ended so suddenly. And, did anyone notice the huge plot-hole in the end? I mean, how the hell will Helena survive in the sphere without a suit?! As Prophet says, it's sub 200 temps in the sphere, and his malfunctioning suit couldn't even handle it!

Overall, it was a decent experience. Though I do think it's a tad over-rated, I'd probably give it 89%/90%. Maybe if the specs weren't so demanding, if the ending wasn't so rushed and the bugs were ironed out, it'd be a lot more interesting. I still look forward to the sequel.

xmascod4.png

There's something about a warzone with presents and fairy lights that is hilarious :D

So i'm playing Ep2 for the third time (PC), messing about in Eli's little office, before you've gotta run off to shut the silo door, and after a little... information is revealed, i found this behind some boxes:

hevpanelxr4.jpg

I thought it was quite cool

EDIT: Oh my god! I was just at a college open evening, and there was a guy wearing a Black Mesa Source t shirt talking to people in the languages department.

Naturally i told him how awesome that was =P

My mates think i'm such a geek ¬_¬

Anyone remember that Nvidia thing on Steam where you get Portal: The first slice for free?

It's pretty good. Just the first 9 levels of the game.

Did feel awesome playing it on my laptop. Pretty high specs aswell.

My new mouse is here now, finally! It's a lot better looking than i expected tbh, it said silver/black but it's more grey/blue

Done a fresh reinstall of Vista, once TF2 is installed im off to try out my new kit (i'll probably hate it lol)

Is anyone else here actually rather looking forward to the Penny Arcade game? Looks like it's shaping up rather nicely.

I just read the latest update on Left For Dead.

Man the more i read the more i can't wait for this.

I thought this might be a alright place to ask a graphics card related question. At the low (<£50) end of the market who is better ATI or nvidia? I really don't need a 8800GTXGTI Turbo Supercharged as probably the most graphic intensive game I own is HL2: Episode 1.

ATi 2600XT

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=633077

A couple of quid over, but it's significantly better than anything else around £50. If it's too much then the next best is the Nvidia 7600GT, but it's only a few quid cheaper.

Oh and btw, you can get free delivery from Scan if you have an account on forums.hexus.net or avforums.com with 20 posts or more

How hard are graphics card to install? I would be buying a prebuilt probably from PC Option, they sell the 2600XT as an upgrade at £67 so it would be cheaper buying it from scan, and yes I am a member of avforums (same name, just don't post much).

Easy,

uninstall old drivers.

Take out old card

put in new card

install new drivers

Agreed, Left 4 Dead looks fantastic! Too bad it's been pushed back (again), this time to "late summer". :/

I've downloaded and instealled the Crysis demo.

Everything on High, 1440x900.

Looks bliss.

Unplayable, but bliss.

About 4 frames a second or something. I'm not actually counting but the part where you have to swim to the beach took about 5 minutes.

I hope they're bullshit requirements like usual. Why do they need 3GB of RAM when the 360 does the same thing with 512?

I hope they're bullshit requirements like usual. Why do they need 3GB of RAM when the 360 does the same thing with 512?

...Because the 360's ram is totally dedicated? Because most of the time Windows Vista is using around 1GB of your ram for other programs you may want to run? Because Ubisoft are idiots? Your pick.

...Because the 360's ram is totally dedicated? Because most of the time Windows Vista is using around 1GB of your ram for other programs you may want to run? Because Ubisoft are idiots? Your pick.

Done.

And Vista is fairly quick to when freeing ram.

Your pick.

Dunno why, but i read this as "You prick." the first time round :confused: Was a bit of a WTF moment!