NEurope
McPhee

PC Gaming Discussion

Anyone been looking into Age Of Conan?

Been reading about it and watching some videos, thinking about getting it when it comes.

Signed for the beta also.

Okay, so I no longer take much of an interest in PC gaming... but I wonder if you guys could help me with a very vague question I have. I was in Game the other day and came across a game for the PC. I don't know the name of the game... I think it might begin with an O. But it's boxing was white, and it was described as the ultimate adventure game. Looked quite fantasy-styled.

Anyone got a clue?

Oblivion maybe?

That's rather too vague I'm afraid.

Anyway, I've been trying out WoW. It's definitely something I could get into, but if I ever went back to a paid-for MMORPG I'd probably beam back into EVE Online.

Always wanted to try EVE Online out, what's it like? Used to play WoW for two years, great game but it got stale for me so I jumped ship :heh:

Oh and Wes, could it be Overlord?

Always wanted to try EVE Online out, what's it like? Used to play WoW for two years, great game but it got stale for me so I jumped ship

I love EVE. I'd still have an account but I wouldn't play quite enough to justify the expense. With a little more disposable income I'd be right back in there. There's a free trial, you should give it a whirl. It's a little daunting at first, but once you've got the basics the rest is elementary.

EVE is something you'll either love or you'll hate. It's greatest strength is also it's main flaw - it's huge. Like, fucking huge. Even at peak times it's possible to find yourself alone out in the depths of space. Which is precisely what I love about, because that's what space should feel like. Early on you'll spend a lot of time grinding, either mining asteroids or hunting NPC pirate ships. Soon you'll get your hands on slightly bigger and better ships, but to get your hands on the big boys and get really stuck into things you're simply going to have to join other players. It's a dangerous galaxy out there, one full of city-sized dreadnoughts with some real bastards at the helm. There's no class system to speak of, you pick a race and a few starting skills and you're left to make your own way in the manner of your choosing. Build your skills, join a corp, have the corp join an alliance and you could very well find yourself in the middle of interstellar war, nothing scripted, all player driven. It's absolute freedom, but it's also kill or be killed.

Have you guys seen Battlefield Heroes? It looks really good, love the style ( same as TF2 I believe), but its free! I just hope gameplay wise its as fun as it looks.

Oh thank you Team Fortress for enspiring these kinda games.

Several good pointers:

1, they kept the BF1942 theme, hell yes.

2, great art style, looks like Team Fortress but it goes a few steps further...

3, comedy is sure in there.

4, its god damn free!

This is by DiCE right? I mean, after BF2142 basically bombed (in comparison to BF2, BF: V and BF1942) this is great move for them if so.

Waaait second, did i just see guys on the side of planes? Thats genius.

I think you just run it on the browser. I may have misread something though.

I was watching some video for it and it looks pretty good. I'll definitely be checking it out.

Wait it's free? How is that going to work?

It's a Korean style "play for free" game. They make their money by selling advertising, on the loading screen etc. Other games also do stuff like offering special items for a nominal price. Some say it's the future.

You don't pay :heh:

And your demise continues.

It's a Korean style "play for free" game. They make their money by selling advertising, on the loading screen etc. Other games also do stuff like offering special items for a nominal price. Some say it's the future.

Ah ok, fair enough. Strange more for EA I feel. But if it's "free"...

So, I'm probably gunna be buying a new graphics card next week and have around £200 to spend on one.

Would this one be a good buy? http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/4949331/BFG-NVIDIA-GeForce-8800-GT-OC2-512MB-PCI-Express-2-0-Graphics-Card/Product.html

Wanna get a new one, so I'll be able to play Age of Conan when it comes out on relevantly high settings.

Or if anyone has a better card to suggest, with a <£200 budget, then please do say ^^

The 9600GT is actually faster and cheaper than the 8800GT. Also, buy them off ebuyer or dabs.

Sometimes far cheaper.

Yeah.

I'd say bang for buck its the best card out there at the moment. The 8800 does win in terms of higher resolutions, but as long as you're not hitting above 1600X1200 the 9600GT is a safe bet.

Just tried Lost Via Domus (Lost the game) and to put it bluntly... it sucks.

Graphics are bad most of the character don´t look very much like the characters on the show.

Best part is that your character dosen´t realize that he can lie to get past someone until he has a flashback where he watches a model in a bikini lie to a guy to get his boat.

How fucking redundant is that!

And all the characters in the game smile way too much!

Did anyone just get this IM through Steam?

Gabe Newell: Hello, I am Gabe Newell from Valves Communication team. We have detected multiple IP's using your steam account at any 1 time; this is against the steam user policy which you agreed to. We need to verify that this is your account and register to your IP, if you could supply me with your steam account name and password this problem will be resolved. However if you do not wish co-operate with me we will have to shut down your? steam account.

sounds like some account sapper....He has joined the N_E Steam group and is saying hes a steam employee or somthing. Can someone get rid of him?

Yeah got this too.

Apparently he´s on the n-europe steam list.

Who put him in?

Message him back saying: Hi Gabe! Your games suck!

Just for fun.